Chaco and Santa are actually humans..?

May 28, 2013 at 4:24 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
While doing some modding, I checked into the Laboratory room (in credits) and saw Chaco and Santa
standing to the right of the view area. Why would they be in an area where other Mimigas, who are actually humans, are reversing their transformations? I'm so confused...

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 35
May 28, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
When they got out of the cages in the throne room, they probably found the helicopter and got in.
They are mimigas, they just didn't want to possibly die.

May 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Exactly, how could they possibly be humans?

May 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Actually this does raise the question of what would happen if they stuck Santa and Chaco in the human-ifier. Endless possibilities! :chin:

May 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
are you fucking kidding me?! santa and chaco are humans? no way!

May 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ITS VERY MUCH PLAUSIBLE.
Considering what happened to sue and itoh, Why not a previous group of researchers having Santa/Chako in it?
...Shit I just made a mod idea for someone.

May 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
XD
Don't worry.
I'm sure Daisuke Amaya can explain someday...

May 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Based Member
Pyroaid said:
I'm sure Daisuke Amaya can explain someday...
I wouldn't count on it. He's decided to leave things like this up to our imagination, and I don't see why he'd just come out for no reason and reveal all this stuff to us just for the heck of it if he hasn't already.

May 29, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
It's actually a good theory... Santa has the fireball gun... Chaco looks different than other Mimigas, and wears lipstick... They are strangely isolated... and they join the researchers to get off the island. And yes, they appear at the cutscene where Sue and Itoh are being changed back to humans! (Well attempting to...)

That said... I don't think there is any hinted dialogue to that effect.
She comments about how you look like Arthur... which results in Chaco and all the caged mimigas <3 ing you...
Chaco and Santa seem pretty established with each their own residence. Rather than jump to conclusions that they are actually humans in Mimiga form, it seems more likely that Grasstown/Bushlands used to be a human/mimiga settlement. After all you have MALCO, the teleporter/computer storeroom Kazuma is trapped in, etc... Weapons like the Fireball Santa has or the Bubbler that Mimiga Village has, were probably brought there by humans. And the lipstick, maybe it was leftover, or learnt from humans...

Maybe they needed Chaco and Santa to help with the transformation; having live Mimiga might be needed for data, and they offered to help? Or maybe they just wanted to go on a vacation. Living alone all that time, maybe they saw the opportunity to leave the island, and they wanted to take it. After all they were living alone... maybe for a reason? [WANTED : CHACO and SANTA - ARMED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS MIMIGAS, DO NOT APPROACH, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL VILLAGE LEADER IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION]

Lastly I have an old unfounded theory that all Mimiga on the island are probably originally human. That they were the people of Ballos' old kingdom, and that either Jenka or Misery cursed them all; turning them into Mimigas... And over time it became permanent. We at least know that you can be turned into a Mimiga by Misery with Sue and Itoh. Don't know what other forms magic can turn someone into...
It seems hard to turn Sue and Itoh back/break the curse... I used to think the curse would return as long as the curser lives/does not retract the curse.

May 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Based Member
X-Calibar said:
She comments about how you look like Arthur...
She doesn't say you look like Arthur, she says that your fighting skills remind her of him.

Chaco said:
You're so strong! Almost like the great hero Arthur.
Chako said:
You're strong, aren't you. Like our great hero, Arthur.
Nothing wrong with everything else you said, though.

May 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Thanks Hayden ;D
I used to look everything up and write the quotes down... I've gotten too relaxed D:

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
X-Calibar said:
It's actually a good theory... Santa has the fireball gun... Chaco looks different than other Mimigas, and wears lipstick... They are strangely isolated... and they join the researchers to get off the island. And yes, they appear at the cutscene where Sue and Itoh are being changed back to humans! (Well attempting to...)

it seems more likely that Grasstown/Bushlands used to be a human/mimiga settlement. After all you have MALCO, the teleporter/computer storeroom Kazuma is trapped in, etc... Weapons like the Fireball Santa has or the Bubbler that Mimiga Village has, were probably brought there by humans.

Lastly I have an old unfounded theory that all Mimiga on the island are probably originally human. That they were the people of Ballos' old kingdom
It does shock me that I had never thought of it before (the possible implications of the Grass Town Mimigas being in that scene at the end).

As for the rest, my opinion after playing the 3D version of the game is that the Mimiga all originally lived in Grass Town, then the place was invaded by the robots from the surface, which would be why Malco and other technology is there, including the execution chamber, as well as many, many cages in the 3DS version. This would also explain why Wind Fortress opens up with a passage that uses the same tileset as Grass Town (Wind Fortress being where the robots were stationed and the passage their entry point to invade).
As a result of these events, the Mimige would have been forced to relocate, establishing the Mimiga village we see in the game.

Concerning the old kingdom, very interestingly, the 3D port features countless Mimiga reliefs carved into the stone blocks of the Sand Zone...

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:58 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
They could stick ANYTHING in the machine. Interesting...