CaveStory Beta Petition

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's probably a bad idea to make your first post ... anyway but an Intro thread, but here goes nothing...

Has anybody tried making a petition to Pixel that says we would love (and possibly even pay for) CaveStory beta if it were released?

offtopic: continue reading this post only if you care to know anything about me. Otherwise just skip down to comments or whatever else you were going to do before I distracted you with this thread.
I have played CaveStory since 2009 I have glanced at the forums every now and then(which is why I know that woodenrat probably won't ever pay for anything, not even CS beta, unless he absolutely has to). I purchased CaveStory+ twice for myself, and I going to get for a friend. until 1 month ago I never read a tutorial for CaveStory but preferred to find everything on my own, coincidentally, I never got to Hell. I heard of it, tried many different ideas, but somehow managed to never find the tow rope. I got everything else possible in the game. I now am on Hell for the first time. The booster 2.0 finally makes sense. Also have a good(or at least I'd like to think so) idea for a CS mod.

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Leaf_It said:
Has anybody tried making a petition to Pixel that says we would love (and possibly even pay for) CaveStory beta if it were released?

People bother him about this all the time and the answer is always no
I don't expect this to change in the forseeable future.

Sorry. But welcome to the forums, it's nice to have somebody that bothers to lurk a bit.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
DANGIT! Well, thanks anyway.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Been here way too long...
Petitions are usually a good idea but Pixel moves in myterious ways and hates making money. And by the way, try introducing yourself on this thread, since the Satellite Lounge gets more activity and all the cool people hang out there.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dec 22, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Yes, it would be cool to play the beta, but we shouldn't endlessly nag him about it. Plus petitions never work anyway.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
Everyone is so busy building shrines to Pixel in their basement, they fail to consider the awkward possibility the original build of cave story was CRAP. Now I'm obsessed with betas. I'd love to play the prerelease builds of stuff like Perfect Dark on N64. But Cave Story is one man's effort. If he lets people see a shoddy work, or if someone stole a copy from him, it could hurt him as an artist, as a person. Know what I mean?

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:34 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
It's not really crap, but it's a very different game. A petition probably wouldn't make any difference.

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:06 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
tyrone said:
It's not really crap, but it's a very different game. A petition probably wouldn't make any difference.

It runs on a same or similar engine, doesn't it? Maybe Pixel would hand over the map layouts and script to release as DLC for CS+.

Just wishful thinking.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:16 AM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It could be a possiblity for beta to be released, what with him being in the grip of nintendo now, who probully ruined Cave Story's 3DS lanch by rushing a game that needed more time for development and extra fetures too. It could be used as a possible non-sequenter sequal if he doesn't get any ideas, for it was almost finished before he slammed the brakes on it. Nintendo should be able to clean it up and finish it if provide the oppertunity. If they don't end up messing it up worse.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:29 AM
What does Nintendo have to do with anything?

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:32 AM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Face it, once the game hit nintendo, the fans squeled with joy. If Pixil thinks that he can get out of nintendo with all his fans clammoring for a sequal, think again( or Double Think!). It would ruin his career for quite the while.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:33 AM
windsofwinds said:
Face it, once the game hit nintendo, the fans squeled with joy. If Pixil thinks that he can get out of nintendo with all his fans clammoring for a sequal, think again( or Double Think!). It would ruin his career for quite the while.

Nintendo has nothing to do with Cave Story. At all.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:39 AM
Discord Group Moderator
It publised all of pixil's versions of cave story! It might not seem it, but pixil had to allow nintendo the right to publish the game.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:49 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
windsofwinds said:
It publised all of pixil's versions of cave story! It might not seem it, but pixil had to allow nintendo the right to publish the game.

You don't seem to understand how publishing works. Nicalis has the rights for the game I believe.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:53 AM
Discord Group Moderator
And there for the right over anything relating to the game. Which would be the Beta. I may be wrong, but wasn'i it important step in development of the original cave sory

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
windsofwinds said:
And there for the right over anything relating to the game. Which would be the Beta. I may be wrong, but wasn'i it important step in development of the original cave sory

I believe Pixel signed over the rights for Cave Story, and Cave Story ALONE. The beta is still the intellectual property of Pixel.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:02 AM
Discord Group Moderator
Note you said intellectual property. I know Magic hates this about me, butas long as pixal doesn't copyright it, Nicalis can just recreate it from scarth, if need be. It would also be a quick fix to any problems with the 3DS version of it if they make a sequel good enough to quell the fans, for I know that alot would love to see this face the light of day. You must be boreded, argueing with me. Most people ignore my posts. The data is also not an Idea of pixal, but something that pixal made. The idea of the beta was his, but they can still use the data of the beta for something.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:06 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
windsofwinds said:
I know Magic hates this about me, butas long as pixal doesn't copyright it, Nicalis can just recreate it from scarth, if need be.

Yeah that's not how copyright law works. All pixel would have to do to claim rights to it is show that he had made it before Nicalis released it and then he could sue (assuming that Nicalis was stupid enough to try to recreate the beta without working with Pixel).

windsofwinds said:
You must be boreded, argueing with me. Most people ignore my posts.

People would pay more attention to your posts if you made more sense, and if you learned how to spell properly.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:15 AM
Discord Group Moderator
You seem dead set on ruinig my arguements. All the same, Pixal can still lose the lawsuit if Nicalis gets enough lawyers. Justice does not always happen. You have to give me that.