Cave Story: The Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2006 at 12:20 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I am thinking of creating a mod of Cave Story called Cave Story: The Reawakening. I have already made part of the story. It will start off right after the GOOD Ending not the ultimate ending.
As you may know, the island of the mimigas crashed somewhere in a remote location. Now everyone is trying to get on that island to get the newly created Demon Crown and to study the red flowers and the Mimigas. Near the location of the Island, Quote,Sue and Kazuma(with Curly on the back hanging) riding the Sky Dragon, they notcie that something strange is going on as the island starts glowing a dark color and the scientists who enter never get out for some unkown reason. Kazuma sends Curly and Quote to check out what is going on. Quote and Curly go in front of the Dark Aura and as soon as they pass through, their weapons get destroyed and they get knocked out.
To be continued. I will be working with one of my friends on this and I might need more help as I need to design new weapons and maybe some favorites will be altered and I need to make new maps also concerning new areas and some old areaas such as Mimiga Village, Grass Town, the Sand Zone, Egg Corridor, Plantation, and others. Give me your thoughts on my idea. :)

May 8, 2006 at 8:46 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
That story... Is that going to actually be in the game? Don't do that. First of all, it doesn't seem to be in the original CS style (idk what it is. It just doesn't sound right to me.), and second, the story should be revealed through talking with ppl. (such as a mimiga saying "ever since that crash, humans have been coming here all the time.")

That's all i have to say. Good luck.

May 8, 2006 at 8:53 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
To date I don't believe anyone has figured out a way to add/change the weapons in any way other than graphically, so don't plan on that as a main feature of your mod.

May 8, 2006 at 10:55 PM
Thanks and that is only a part of the story and also let's just say this Version of Cave Story is going to involve Misery a bit more... I will make the Mimiga Village change occasionally like what I mean is that the village will be bigger and more populated and some areas will be gone but I am planing on making a surface level similar to balcony and this might make the game more complicated.. but I will make three different hubs. The Surface Area(which will have a town) and the Mimiga Village are the first two. I will not tell the third area as it has to do with the story and this story I told you is just the begging of it. Eventually the game will get deeper and the main enemy will be revealed. As I already told you, threre will be a surface area as you have seen in the good ending, the Island lands in a remote area and that doesn't mean that things will start to happen...Thanks Shmitz and Genius for your comments as they will make it easier. Also this will sound wierd but how do you make dialogue for people and information about items like "you got the Polar Star' which I will alternate the text befitting the first like "You recieved your Polar Star from Kazuma" becuase I am not going to make it like he lost his weapons(well except for the weapons you don't have to get):) In other words you will start off by getting your FireBall, Polar Star and blade back and I did have an idea that you would start off with certain weapons depending on your original Profile but then you could cheat the system and also I want to make the game more fun and that you could get the weapons that you are used to. It might take a while but I might use a Ratchet and Clank Style upgrade system where you can get your weapon to maximum power but you can trade that maxed out weapon for a better version(maybe like making all the weapons max at level 3 but you can get a better weapon which is stronger than that which maxes at level 6, well except for the Nemisis which I will make it so it will do a lot more damge but you have to upgrade it twice. In other words you will start off with suck Nemisis but it can be fully Upgraded and can be devastating.) If anyone would like to help me with this project. They can say so on this thread by giving me their thoughts on it and/or just saying you would like to help.

EDIT:I will not put the Story in like that I will make it so you start in Unkown Area and it will be near Mimiga Village where you can talk with the Mimigas to see the story by putting it together. I of course will have Balrog and Misery though because Misery is related to the story and Balrog is just plain funny.

May 9, 2006 at 4:02 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Django said:
Near the location of the Island, Quote,Sue and Kazuma(with Curly on the back hanging) riding the Sky Dragon
Whats Curly doing there? If you didn't get the best ending, then she's dead.

EDIT: Excuse me... she isn't 100% dead... but she COULD be dead. I forgot that it's possible to save her and not get the best ending. My bad.

Honestly tho, if the game play is good, I'll let any story elements slide and still love it.

May 9, 2006 at 12:10 PM
well it is more along the lines of an RPG and a shooter and I will be putting story elements on Computers and Books left from the Scientists and dialogue from the Mimigas. Also I wanted to make this because then you don't have to get the best ending to have a good knowledge of the other mods and the good ending still has story parts. Also you don't have to go the Prefab building in the End when you have to run because you can still save Curly if you don't take the booster 0.8 from Professer Booster and also later you will recieve a better version which is good.

May 11, 2006 at 7:52 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, you can edit the images, of the weapons, done with my mod The Crowned Witch, releasing soon..

May 11, 2006 at 11:23 PM
Also By the way I am starting work on the project on the weekend but i will still play mods and everything also I have to deal with school and projects but this is going to sound bad... but I will probably be done by start of next school year. About the weapons though, it is probably possible to create weapons by creating several pictures and making a script which utilizes those pictures. If anyone wants to help me with it, Email me

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Can anyone tell me if this project actually came to anything? The idea sounded promising...

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Hoxtilicious
Deinarts said:
Can anyone tell me if this project actually came to anything? The idea sounded promising...

Well I dont know where Django is sadly :mad:
He helped me so much with Crowned I really miss him ;(
I dont saw him for months... I hope he will come back again...

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:12 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
......and this one too has stopped :mad:

for the love of god people please give lots of feed back instead of these wonderfull mods going to the useless bin (or a regular bin :mad:)

May 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
Good idea, but i thought Curly dies when the island crumbles. [even if you get her to plantation]
again replying to old threads

um bump
diph.php

taking ur pic lameth lol

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:19 PM
XristosX is right. You shouldn't open old posts. Yes, it's true, the mod has been discontinued. I have lost all of the data for it so if Skywelse could close this, I would appreciate it.

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Hoxtilicious
Django said:
XristosX is right. You shouldn't open old posts. Yes, it's true, the mod has been discontinued. I have lost all of the data for it so if Skywelse could close this, I would appreciate it.

Wohoo! Good seing you back mate :3
My mod has been doing well and well I'm a moderator now letme do this :D

~ Closed ~

Status
Not open for further replies.