Cave Story: The Prequel, The Remake, and The Sequel.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Do you mean the production of the game or coming up with ideas for the game?

Because I haven't started making the game just yet, I already have my engine formatted and ready to go. I just need to come up with more ideas for the prequel and the sequel since I already have everything for the remake planned out.

Basically it will be the same old CaveStory with a few extra things, secrets and stuff.

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:31 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
MetaSeraphim said:
Do you mean the production of the game or coming up with ideas for the game?

Because I haven't started making the game just yet, I already have my engine formatted and ready to go. I just need to come up with more ideas for the prequel and the sequel since I already have everything for the remake planned out.
I was just asking how the game was getting on in general. I'm glad you're still working on this, and haven't buckled under the ceaseless whining yet. :o

As for ideas, I wish I could help you, but I'm all out. They're all tied up in the sequel I'm currently making. Though if I do get any ideas I can't expand upon, I'll share them with you.

MetaSeraphim said:
Basically it will be the same old CaveStory with a few extra things, secrets and stuff.
Sounds fun. Can't wait! :D

Oct 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
for the prequel it could take place 10 years ago when Quote and Curly were first sent to the island and explain how they lost their memories and how Quote ended up in a cave with his memory lost, and it could also explain how they were first created, what they did before they went to the island, and maybe even fought off another evil before going to the island

as for the sequel well how about this idea, it's been 2 years since the robot Quote save the island, a mysterious plane crash lands on the island, it was found by a Mimiga family all that was left inside the plane was a pod which inside was a little child, the family decided to raise it as their own, as more years pass by the orphan human boy was living peacefully with the Mimiga family when a new evil has come to the island, this evil seems to want nothing more then to exterminate the Mimigas and wants the orphan boy for an unknown reason, the boy ventures out to fight this new evil off and try to discover why they want him and why this evil person hated the Mimigas so much, when he's just beginning this journey he's joined by his non-blood related Mimiga sister, as they help each other out through many dangers they also form a very strong bond that's more then skin deep like they're truly brother and sister, later on Quote and Curly are sent in to take this evil down, Quote also seems to be interested in the orphan boy as well, that's all i can think of right now ^^;

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I have a story for the prequel but I can't do it unless King was the main character. Quote and Curly's story of defeating Miakid is quite minimal compared to King's and the the other Mimiga's backstory.

The reason why Quote and Curly would make bad protagonists is that no (or almost no) character on the island recognises Quote, suggesting that his entire time on the island was 5min to reach Miakid and a 5min battle with Miakid. Either that or the game would be dodging around every single cave story character (which would come off as really dodgy). Not really worth the effort of putting the same old protagonists in yet again.

King on the other hand was around for alot of the backstory events and would fit perfectly. He could even be the guy that finished off Miakid (since that was never specified).

With King as the protagonist I can explore a large amount of cave story's backstory. I just haven't had the time to start working on a mod for it.

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:01 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
King on the other hand was around for alot of the backstory events and would fit perfectly. He could even be the guy that finished off Miakid (since that was never specified).
True — Sue says she's pretty sure they wounded him, but says nothing about killing him.

That would be Miakid she's talking about, right?

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:44 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
That would be Miakid she's talking about, right?
Yes .