Cave Story Remix Project 2

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:10 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Let's be honest, this is pretty sweet.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
m'kay, in all the awesome, i found the one problem i have.
i cannot stand vocals in VGM remixes.
which is sad, cause it ruins a few of WoC's tracks for me

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
How`s the project going m8s? It was a while since I`ve checked on you guys, even though I regularly visit the forums. My only recommendation it is to spread the word about it more (advertise hehe), since even me who browses all the time in the projects vicinity forgot about it totally. You guys deserve much for the effort you put in this.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Project is, as far as I know, complete. On the first post of the thread is the link to the Project's site.

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I better get rid of those things about how we're going to keep updating, since it looks like we're not.

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Hyperbolic
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
The Project is, as far as I know, complete. On the first post of the thread is the link to the Project's site.

Oh, hehe, sorry...and well done. Spread the word in order to share this with more and more people :chin:

Btw. how to save the songs to the hard disk? I can`t "Save as source" since I`m not payed for Quick Time Pro, have the freeware version.

EDIT: The songs are sooo cooool, I thought they are just .orgs, but this is really something :chin:

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:18 PM
graters gonna grate
trickybilly said:
Btw. how to save the songs to the hard disk? I can`t "Save as source" since I`m not payed for Quick Time Pro, have the freeware version.

Right click on the link to the song and choose "save link as".

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Man, I am so angry. I really wanted to participate in this, but I didn't even know it was being made until today. I wanted to do a ukulele cover of Toroko's Theme. Oh well. I haven't listened yet, but hopefully it's awesome... I'm glad that it was done. Now I can complete my library.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
make the cover anyway and stick it in a general music thread or something

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hey guys, it's DaPhinoXX.

After a very, very long time, I have to decided to check out the "Echoes in the Dark" project.

This is the first time I have come to this site since I posted my remix, and I am very surprised to see that it is actually included in the album.

Thank you so much JetHawk and friends, who have worked so hard on this, and thank you for actually including my submission.

Who knows, you may see me around some more.

Cya all!

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM
Been here way too long...
I'm just checking up on this project. The website seems to still need some polish, and I thought some of the remixes were gonna be updated in the future, but there seems to be no general consensus on that looking at the last few pages. (But the songs are awesome! I just got a chance to listen to all of them, and wowzers!)

I hope you guys are still going to do work on this, but It's coo if you don't.

To those whom it concerns/new about my initial involvement, I'm sorry.

May 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
May 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Hyperbolic
Well, tricky is...tricky...apologies.

EDIT: Garfield glows in the dark.

May 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Would like to state that all 3 album zip files links lead to a 404 missing error..
THey need re-uploading I think.

May 22, 2011 at 6:10 PM
graters gonna grate
I just facebooked schoko to ask if he would re-upload. If not, I'll see if andwhy will put the links on the tribute site.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM
graters gonna grate
OH NO THERE GOES ANOTHER PUPPY D=

So some random guy just emailed me to point out, as many people (myself included) have done, that my singing is mediocre, and to ask if there was a version of The Journey Goes On without vocals. Upon reading this email, my brain started going into a frenzy a la "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" that went something like this:

Hmm... a version without vocals?
Well, I could record one this weekend.
But it would be better to make a recording that improves upon the quality of the vocals.
I wonder if I practiced enough, I could get so I could sing it better?
But then, I'm a male trying to imitate the female character of Curly, so it doesn't make much sense for me to sing it.
I wonder if there's some female singer I could get to sing it?
My mom maybe? But her voice doesn't fit the part very well...
Oh wait, I know, I'll get my buddy Laura do it; her voice would fit perfectly!
This is gonna be great!! Why didn't I think of this before!?
While I'm at it, I could maybe clean up some of the glitches in the piano parts.
Heck, I could even clean up some of the glitches in my other remixes (some of them could really stand it)
And wasn't there quite a bit of discussion before about people tweaking/improving their remixes?
And didn't JetHawk make that new breakdown remix a while ago?
And don't I have some other stuff lying around that I didn't submit to the project for some dumb reason?
And isn't the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE PROJECT'S COMPLETION fast approaching!?!?

Oh damn.
I think it's time for an update.

Whaddyall think? We could make a bonus album with JetHawk's breakdown, my boss medley I posted here somewhere, my oppression/moonsong mashup that I only ever showed to Lace, and my piano improvs on moonsong and ikachan. And anything anyone else wants to submit (so I'm not totally dominating the album :chin:).

I'm about to send an email to JetHawk and rtnario so they see this, since they've not been active on the forums lately.