Cave Story Remix Project 2

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:45 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
*takes a look at the songs that have not been remixed.*

Hmm I might try my hand on Meltdown 2 or The Way Back Home.

I might do both mattering on how Meltdown 2 goes.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Just a Proof of concept but here is what Ive got,
The levels and Drums need sorting but this is just a prototype

Track Name: Techno Child
Track Remixed: Toroko's Theme
http://www.mediafire.com/?qoqnbsbg5wx41c3

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:50 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Kuro, if you have to pick, I'd suggest you do The Way Back Home, as I'm already doing Meltdown 2 (though if you could do both, that would be great). I guess I'll do Safety then.

Remind me, we want all remixes in by Thursday the 23rd, and we want the website finished before midnight on the 24th?

Edit:

Listening to your Toroko remix, Jet, and I'd say it could definitely go in the project. It could use some improvement (it sounds a bit raucous atm) but even as it is, it could be used.

Thinking about the blurbs we need, I went through the list on page 34 and counted the number of remixes each artist contributed.

Wedge of Cheese - 7
GIRakaCHEEZER - 5
rtnario - 5
FrozenFire - 2
JetHawk95 - 2
DaPhinoXX - 1
Destroyer9283 - 1
Divine Wrath - 1
KuroKun - 1
Master Jace - 1
Uncy Dave - 1

Then there are some remixes that have been contributed since the last update of the list, or that people are intending to contribute:

Balcony remix by Invartho
"Path of Ruin" by rtnario
Meltdown 2 remix by Wedge of Cheese
Safety remix by Wedge of Cheese
"Lunar Eclipse" by nailcliper
"Through the Labyrinth" by nailcliper
"Techno Child" by JetHawk95
Meltdown 2 remix by KuroKun
The Way Back Home remix by KuroKun
King's Theme/White remix by GIRakaCHEEZER

If all of the above are used in the project, the artist list would then look like this:

Wedge of Cheese - 9
GIRakaCHEEZER - 6
rtnario - 6
JetHawk95 - 3
KuroKun - 3
FrozenFire - 2
nailcliper - 2
DaPhinoXX - 1
Destroyer9283 - 1
Divine Wrath - 1
Invartho - 1
Master Jace - 1
Uncy Dave - 1

I think we should have blurbs for everyone that has at least 2 remixes, but we currently only have blurbs for JetHawk, rtnario, and myself. This means that GIRakaCHEEZER, KuroKun, FrozenFire, nailcliper, and Schokobecher need to write blurbs for themselves, because, if they don't, I will have to write them, and they will probably suck. The people with only 1 remix will be listed on the site, but without a blurb. I'm planning on editing the blurbs for Lace and rtnario, because Lace's is too long and has some off-topic stuff about "lack of humility" or whatever, and rtnario's is too short and needs to be filled in with more personal information from his website.

Other changes that should be made to the website:

I'm not sure I like the embedded YouTube on the main page; it seems kinda out of place.

I spent forever trying to fix this but nothing I did had any effect. It's really weird, because it's only like that on the main page (the other 2 are fine) and as far as I can tell, the coding is IDENTICAL except for spacing which shouldn't matter. And yes I did remember to hit refresh.

Lace had suggested a way of reorganizing the stuff on the site earlier, but I think it's a bit too late for that now.

Main page needs links.

The background looks really unprofessional for 3 reasons: it's low res, it has really obvious JPEG artifacts, and it doesn't blend with the banner at the top. The last issue could be solved by changing the blue color in the banner to transparent. It should be in PNG format instead of JPEG, and whoever made the image could just up the resolution. I'm still kinda bothered by the teleporter being on fire in the banner :rolleyes:

Remixes. And we need to decide what album titles we want and which songs go in which album.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
If you don't want to worry about trying to do both Meltdown and Safety, then I'll take a shot at Safety

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:42 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, go ahead and do that, I guess. I'll make Meltdown 2 my first priority, and do Safety if I have time.

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Dec 21, 2010 at 7:23 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Dec 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
Wedge of Cheese said:
Kuro, if you have to pick, I'd suggest you do The Way Back Home, as I'm already doing Meltdown 2 (though if you could do both, that would be great). I guess I'll do Safety then.

Yea i guess ill do that. Wasn't liking what I had so far anyways xD (to be truthful I just opened it five minutes before closing it in pure rage:sue:)

*After working on it for a bit* Yarg few issues that im not likeing but ill try to get something done. No promises though xD

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:47 PM
graters gonna grate
Phew, finally solved the issue with the alignment on the main page. Turns out is was caused by a lack of spaces. Background and embedded youtube removed. The files involved with the embedded youtube have been moved to the "dated" folder. Also, the banner image is now stored on the website. It was actually stored on imageshack before, and having your images stored on external sites is not a great idea, because you're dependent on them not messing with it.

To compensate for the somewhat plain quality caused by the lack of background, I'll probably add something to the bottom of the pages, and maybe the sides, if I can figure out how.

I re-recorded the piano medley, and I'll post it tomorrow, along with the Meltdown 2 remix (which is currently about halfway done).

Make your remixes and submit your blurbs ASAP

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Creating A Legacy...
feedback on the new renedition of the toroko remix and my second remix. could really use some:momo:

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Getting closer to finishing a rough Safety Remix. When I finish balancing, I'll post that in case I can't get my original vision done on time. It's running at about 1:30, so it's a little short.

What are the criteria for blurbs? Like what should be included and about how many words should we be aiming for

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:47 PM
graters gonna grate
Check out my changes to the website. Sorry Jethawk, no feedback right now, I have to leave.

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM
graters gonna grate
nailcliper said:
Getting closer to finishing a rough Safety Remix. When I finish balancing, I'll post that in case I can't get my original vision done on time. It's running at about 1:30, so it's a little short.

What are the criteria for blurbs? Like what should be included and about how many words should we be aiming for

Use my blurb and JetHawk's blurb as a guide

http://csrp2.org/people.html

wow first time getting the timer in like ever xD

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Track Name: Safe Zone
Remix Artist: nailcliper
Remixed in this Song: Safety
Progress: Demo
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?w4bw6klf4l3sbu0

This is just in case I can't get it completed by the due date. I'll write up a blurb now and post it soon

Edit:
"A long-time lurker of the Cave Story Forums, nailcliper had seen many great talents contribute to the CSRP2. He began work with Moonsong in hope to contribute to CSRP2 before it was too late. Upon completion, he found himself with an unusual amount of free time and worked to remix twice more. He hopes to use what he learned from the Remix Project to aide him in future musical endeavors"

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:40 AM
graters gonna grate
Okay, I'm updating the list now.

Since the website itself is almost finished (I made some changes to the main page, so now it's completely done if nobody objects), just make sure the remixes are done ASAP tomorrow, even though they were technically supposed to be done today. My Meltdown 2 should be done pretty quick tomorrow, and we have a working version of Safety at least (unfortunately I can't listen right now; my mom's trying to sleep so I don't want to make noise), so we still need White (expecting GIR to do this) and The Way Back Home (expecting KuroKun).

And I just realized it's past midnight in my time zone, so by "tomorrow" I mean "today", and by "today" I mean "yesterday".

edit: 1500 posts :mrgreen:

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Wow, so much has happened XD;;

First off, thanks to everyone who listened to my last remix! Second, is there still ways to help with the website or any other things that needs doing? I have some experience with Photoshop and things to do with transparency and blur, and know some HTML too...

In any case, I'm glad to see that the project is reaching a close, and that the full product will finally be out in the open for everybody. Congratulations to everyone who has worked with this project! We all deserve a pat on the back or two :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Not to mention I'm gonna do my share of spreading the project around through my blog, LEAF XCEED's YouTube, Newgrounds and Facebook and all that XD

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:53 AM
squidward
You know what, I'm a little bored and I still feel I need to contribute to this somehow, so what the heck, I'm gonna whip up something real quick.

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:22 AM
Here's an update on the Safety remix. Either the piano version or this one could work. I guess it depends on your taste
http://www.mediafire.com/?pwtu0u3sx446507

I'm thinking about maybe trying to add drums to it, but I think it sounds fine without them. What's your opinions?

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:07 PM
graters gonna grate
I actually kinda prefer the piano version. Maybe only add drums to the fast/jazzy section and gradually bring them in during the accelerando.

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Creating A Legacy...
:mrgreen: