Cave Story Remix Project 2

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well, I'm wondering what that way around is, 'cause with most websites, when their content is changed the browser automatically synchs to the new content without me having to press refresh. Like when Google changes their image for a holiday or something, you don't have to press refresh to see it.

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
really?
an auto-refresh could be added, I guess. refreshing aint that hard. :p
also, did nobody hear my plea?

oh, kewl. looked at the wobsite. I think leaving bg blue may be best choice, but I like the music hearer. maybe make it random?

cheese can yew implement the new ideas, or should I make my time?

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:56 AM
graters gonna grate
If you have a clear idea of how to do whatever you want to do, then go ahead and do it, 'cause I don't.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:04 AM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well, I'm wondering what that way around is, 'cause with most websites, when their content is changed the browser automatically synchs to the new content without me having to press refresh. Like when Google changes their image for a holiday or something, you don't have to press refresh to see it.
That it through the Cache control (time to expire for images and stuff)
But this seems to only affect you... so :/

I changed the main page layout so the video doesn't take up 50% of the space.
Also I disabled autoplay for now.

Biggest complain:
Why is the BG Image so low-res?

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM
Creating A Legacy...
well i dont think you can have random on youtube, but putting a different remix on each page is probably a good idea :rolleyes:

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM
graters gonna grate
What you can do is have a JavaScript thingy which makes a random YouTube thingy appear. However, at this point, I think it'd be too much of a pain to convert all the remixes to video format and upload them to youtube.

Also, I'm still planning on doing a Meltdown 2 remix.

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM
Creating A Legacy...
I could upload all the videos to youtube?
and :rolleyes: good luck

Dec 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Sorry for the late entry, and that it's of a song that's already been mixed, but I figured that since I had done it, I may as well submit it If there's possibility of being involved with the Remix Project. Also, unoriginal title is unoriginal >.>

Track Name: Lunar Eclipse

Remix Artist: nailcliper
Remixed in this Song: Moonsong
Progress: Completed, but open to fixing
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bj6ciu8bruee9mmhttp://www.mediafire.com/?76jao8wv46die3m

Over the next few days, I'll be trying to work on a Jenka/Labyrinth mix, so hopefully I'll be able to get it done in time to get that in

Edit:Link/song title updated

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Creating A Legacy...
mix is pretty nice man,
Pretty Different from the other remix's
Im happy weve got some of this style opf music now.

Improvements?
At 47 Seconds when the male choir sytarts,
still have some sort of choir or pad in the background

At 1:02 make the main chorus melody a tad louder, its very faint.

Apart from that its great :)

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Yes definetly,
Sounds a lot more powerfull :D

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:31 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?vy6kuucr6ta62l2

I updated the Moonsong remix one more time. I think I started getting to the point where it just sounds like a bit too much going on at once. Both links still work, so I'll leave it up to you guys to pick which one sounds better.

Also,

Track Name: Through The Labyrinth

Remix Artist: nailcliper
Remixed in this Song: Jenka 1/2, Labyrinth Fight
Progress: Demo/Complete(open to improvements)
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?qe2ss65lkzx6of2

Edit: I got a friend of mine to critique it a bit, and this is the end result of that. I'm thinking of adding in some stereo effect during Jenka 2, but in case I don't get around to it, then there it is

Edit 2:Fixed using all the suggestions

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Oh I like through the labyrinth. Not so much a fan of the moon song one though :\

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Creating A Legacy...
So whatever we have by this thursdays going in the project, then we will discuss whats going on the main discs and whats going on the bonus CD.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM
graters gonna grate
Safety
Meltdown 2
The Way Back Home
King's Theme/White

These are the only four songs that have yet to be remixed. I'm doing Meltdown 2, and I guess I could probably squeeze one more in, depending on what other people do/don't do.

Downloading nailclipper's stuff now...

Also I have a friend who's a web design guru. Maybe I can get him to give me a crash course in whatever scripting I would need to have stuff like collapsible blurbs and sorting and shit.

Edit:

Comments on nailclipper's stuff:

I thought it was cool how the main melody in Moonsong was transposed down a fifth, though it might be better if the "correct" melody came in about halfway through, playing parallel fifths with the one already going (cue the ghost(s) of Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and/or Haydn rising from the grave(s) and yelling at me). The last chord doesn't seem to finish its release before the song ends (it just kinda gets cut off).

The transition from Jenka 2 to Labyrinth fight seems really abrupt. It might be better if you gradually started bring in the new instruments (like the strings) just before the start of Labyrinth Fight. I liked how you brought back Jenka 1 at the end.

Man, it feels good to actually have free time and a good Internet connection and be able to download and listen to the remixes and give comments that are actually somewhat thoughtful :D

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I have a remix of white I was working on that I need to finish (but I've been writing finals recently). I should be able to have it done by thursday, since my last exam is tomorrow and that should give me 2 days to finish it.

@nailcliper: (did you misspell clipper when you were making your forum name?)

In regards to Through the Labrynth...

At around 0:42 the beat of the main melody is off, that should really be fixed. (yours is like o---o-o-, where the original is like o----o-o). This bothers me the most.

At 1:12 the underlying supporting chords you've got going sound wrong too. If I'm correct it's supposed to be a C minor 7th there, and it sounds like you're focusing too much on the Eb and Bb, so I recommend throwing in a C or making the bass stronger there.

The transition from Jenka2 to labrynth fight sounds REALLY abrupt, so I recommend you put in a better transition there. The transition at the end to the original Jenka is really abrupt too.

The rest of it sounds fine, although I think the drums could be a bit louder.

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM
graters gonna grate
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
At 1:12 the underlying supporting chords you've got going sound wrong too. If I'm correct it's supposed to be a C minor 7th there, and it sounds like you're focusing too much on the Eb and Bb, so I recommend throwing in a C or making the bass stronger there.

IIRC, he/she actually put an E-natural in that chord. I thought it was a cool variation...

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Wedge of Cheese said:
IIRC, he/she actually put an E-natural in that chord. I thought it was a cool variation...

I thought it sounded unnatural.

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM
graters gonna grate
lol the natural sounded unnatural :D

I guess I would say, nailclipper, that if you intended to make it different from the original, then keep it that way, but if it was a mistake, then you should change it.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM
Moonsong Remix(now titled "Lunar Eclipse"): http://www.mediafire.com/?76jao8wv46die3m

Through the Labyrinth: http://www.mediafire.com/?qe2ss65lkzx6of2

I fixed all the stuff, so it should sound better now. I also updated the links on their respective posts.

As for the name, I mis-spelled it a long time ago when I used it for a game account, but even after I learned that it wasn't correct, I left it that way for future accounts because I like the aesthetic look of just the one "p".