Cave Story Remix Project 2

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:06 PM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Lol I can't believe how many comments i got with the bells xD. I guess it is about the little things. :rolleyes:

@Frozen: Thx

@Cyowolf: The bells are still there. Its just harder to hear. Also at what time at the end? During the small break? or just the last couple seconds after the break.

@Rtnario: At first when I read your comment i thought I had to redo a lot of stuff xD. But now that ive read a few times its not much. The percussion may need to be replaced altogether. Could I send you what I have so far? Id rather find out what is good and bad now rather than wait till I think its complete and find out there are still things I need to change.

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I know i keep banging on about it but the Deadline is the 23rd

the 23rd!!!!!

pretty soon then :rolleyes:

Is there any last remixs i can squeeze out of anybody??

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'll probably have something else before then. And I might try to improve the quality of Soldier's Prayer.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Good to hear Wedgie!

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Just finished getting all the finished tracks downloaded and renamed to their names and artists.

KoroKun Juts listened to your last battle remix and i cant wait for the final product :rolleyes:

The access remix i cant wait for either :D

Deadline 23rd Remember everyone!

Best of luck everyone

Spent an hour aranging all the songs just got to put track numbers :\

I need all the tracks ASAP

Thanks a lot
See ya :p

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Why is there a deadline at all? And so soon? You -do- realize quality music takes TIME, right? Yes, it's been 4 months, but even that isn't a whole lot of time, put into perspective. And do we even have a piece of music for every game track? Is it absolutely final that they can't be improved upon -at all-?

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Alright heres the deal

Ive got

Access Remix Coming
Last battle Remix Coming
Soldiers prayer Coming
And i am getting a new mic for christmas so i am recording my 2 tracks again.

If i can 4 more tracks (Can be any tracks) Then i will extend the deadline to about another 2 months. We could just sit here saying "oh I hope we remix all the trax) But the simple fact is the way its going were not gunna...

If we really want to remix all the tracks, i expect everone to volounteer to do a remix if they are capable. i dont care if youve done a remix before, lets just get our heads down and make this project worth while

we can do ALL the trax but we gotta put the effort in

I am off to do another vocal remix to the Cave Story theme

P.S i asked 4 people on newgrounds if they wanted to submit there trax just waiting for a reply.

Im sorry but no more double remixing.
Im not having a go at everyone im just saying we needd to get this done

Thanks for all your effort guys :)

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dibs on Eyes of flame, I already have something like halfway done.

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Creating A Legacy...
OK thanks a lot girakacheezer
Eyes of the flames yours :)

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I intend to do a Geothermal remix soon here, but I won't be starting it until after finals week. If you give me two months I can have it done. :) (Sorry, just saw this topic now...)

I know other people have already remixed it, but I can only do a good job when I can hear a remix coming from a song. This being the case Geothermal will be the easiest for me to do.

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:15 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Sorry but no double remix's anymore. Really would be helpfull if youi could do something that hasnt been done yet

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:32 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hey Jet since you're including my two piano medley, how 'bout I list all the songs that are NOT in the medley. The medley covers so many songs that even if none of the ones it doesn't cover had already been remixed (and some of them have been) it wouldn't be unreasonable to remix all of them before Dec 23 if everyone capable contributed.

So here we go:

Game Over
Plantation (Main Theme)
Toroko's Theme
King's Theme
Access
Balrog's Theme
Gravity
Cemetery
Safety
Meltdown 2
Labyrinth Fight
Run!
Quiet
Scorching Back
Hero's End
Charge
Break Down
The Way Back Home
Running Hell
Tyrant
Zombie

I might do a remix which includes a bunch of the short songs in this list like Charge, Zombie, Tyrant, Game Over, etc.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Vanished.
someone go for deathcore.
Thank you.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Not to be mean or anything, but I really don't think you can force people to get things done by a certain time. Remixes TAKE TIME, particularly when done half decently. It's not just throwing the original melodies with some distortion and other effects into some mash-up piece, you have to think about what you're going to do before you even begin. Mixing takes time. :)

Anyway I'll be doing a Geothermal remix anyway. Sorry to hear you won't be accepting it. One thing I've found when I remix is that I can't be told WHAT to remix, otherwise my heart's not in it.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Vanished.
Will it be deathcore?
I'll pay you...

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:19 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I have gravity in my song o.o why does everyone think im just doing last battle <.<'

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:06 AM
Creating A Legacy...
KoroKun

Good idea! Thanks a lot mate

So Eyes of flame (Girakacheezer) and Gravity (KoroKun) :rolleyes:

Should Be Good

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've got lots going on in my life.
With what little time I've had, I've experimented a bit with my Access remix but so far I really haven't gotten it to sound right.

Also, I'm getting sick. :p Hopefully it'll just be a cold and it won't get too bad.

I'm hoping to get some good progress in though and get it finished by the 23rd. Still, I really don't see it happening with being sick and with all kinds of other crap in life. :p
If I do get it in by that time, it probably won't be nearly as good or as long as I planned.:(

All of the sadness together = :(:(:(
Well, for now I'm going to get off and grab some sleep. I've probably just been working myself too hard lately.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@JetHawk95
Actually, I haven't even started. XD Although, I do not like the idea of a deadline. What has been said by ZarroTsu and DesertDweller stand true in my eyes; I cannot make a remix under a deadline and expect it to be as good as say, Core Oppression. So I will hold off even attempting to remix Running Hell if a deadline exists nor am I saying that I will 100% remix it if the deadline is removed.

However that doesn't mean I won't randomly remix some other song if ever I feel like it. :p We'll just have to see.

@KuroKun
Well, if you want to, go ahead. But it's not like my opinion alone should be noted though. What's wrong with posting a beta or two right here where everyone can help you improve on it? :p

@FrozenFire
That sounds like life. :( Get well soon, and I say if you don't feel that you reached the expectations you set for your remix, continue working on it even though it could possibly pass the deadline. At least in my opinion. ^^;

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Creating A Legacy...
The Deadlines Been Removed Everyone...