Cave Story Remix Project 2

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Thats ok mate no worries

Well i nthink this projects been a huge success

wheres DJ Triverse (Or something) is he making a remix?

I know its short but is anyone available for a remix of "Run!" ?
I really wanmt that remixing. I know its short but can anyone remix it?

Well thanks everyone

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
JetHawk95 said:
I know its short but is anyone available for a remix of "Run!" ?
I really wanmt that remixing. I know its short but can anyone remix it?

I can give it a try.

PS.
Running Hell is a little too daunting :p

EDIT:
You should update the list too.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm working on Labyrinth Fight right now

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
@DPXX: The most recent version is actually quite good. I haven't listened to the others though. My only complaint is that the beginning is just a bit too repetitive. The thing at the end with the strings was really cool.

@Dave: Hmm, it's a good piece of music by itself, but the mood of it seems too subdued for a Mischievious Robot remix.

Nov 18, 2009 at 1:13 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Lace said:
D=
sorry kuro, ya sure you be giving up?
:)
but youse at a goot magician!

Yep I don't like what I have and don't want to start over. So unless I can figure out how to move recordings from my clavi over to my computer without a floppy before December 1st (I obviously can't make a song in a day without practicing now can I xD) I'm out of this project. ;)

xD peace xD

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@KuroKun
Can't you just put it through FL Studio or something like you did with Midnight Wind? ;)

Also, I'm not sure about what I should pick as the next remix to make...Grasstown or Running Hell? Sockpuppet seems to have taken Grasstown, and people say Running Hell is too...daunting, and since I remixed something like Oppression I think I should take Running Hell too. What do you think :)

EDIT: Mr. Strawberry speaks the truth - Both Last Battle remix links are broken :x

Cave Story War: http://www.mediafire.com/?tnidu5hmyzo

Nov 18, 2009 at 10:54 PM
rtnario said:
@KuroKun
Can't you just put it through FL Studio or something like you did with Midnight Wind? :)[/url]

Midnight wind was played using pre-made instruments on FL studio. That wasn't me playing it on the piano.

Also it turns out that my piano isn't connecting correctly or something so USB isn't going to work either

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Creating A Legacy...
the projects going really well. keep the good work up guys!

Nov 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums here but I saw this thread and was pretty excited to see another remix project. I'm a big Cave Story fan and I love music.

I'm not sure if anyone is doing this, but I decided to take a shot at doing Access.

Here is a very short beta:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3mulkyjnzmk

It's not nearly complete. I'm starting with basically the original tune before I start into something more "remix-like." Also, I think it's going to kinda switch between Access and Charge. I'm thinking I'll add some distorted guitar.

I looked at the first post and didn't see that anyone was doing Access or Charge yet, but I'm not sure how often you're updating that..?

Anyway, let me know if my demo sucks or not or what I can do to make it better. Criticism is appreciated.
After listening to most of the music you guys have made, mine does appear to sound quite different.

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@FrozenFire
Actually, this is pretty good. It has a very techno feel and I especially like the blips that start from 0:12 and the alternate drumming that starts at 0:19. Good work! ;)

I suggest that at the first pause you add your own melody that would complement the original, then eventually the original and your melody would gradually mix later in the song so...bah, things like that. ^^

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Really impressive and just what i want!

Really good mate. Keep it up

Excited about your final product ;)

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM
"Huzzah!"
Thanks guys!
The mix sounded a little weirder than I first thought it would, so I wasn't sure if it would be liked.

Just to let you know, I'm in college at the moment and I've got finals very soon so I might not be able to get a chance to work on this much until after Dec 10th (end of the quarter). We'll see though.

Glad to be a part of the project! ^_^

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM
@FrozenFire
Yep, welcome! Take your time; it's not like everyone's free from the horrors of school are they? :D

Also, for those who have listened to Cave Story War, hop on to Newgrounds' Audio Portal and check what's 1st place on the Top 30 of the week. :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:05 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hey Frozen, that was really cool, I hope you finish that! I'm impressed that you managed to make such a good remix of a song that's kinda uninteresting. Access is one of those songs that is great in the context of the game, but boring just by itself. Your remix however is anything but boring.

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:05 PM
@FrozenFire: Lol interested sounds like a clumsy toaster to me xD

@rtnario: Congrats on the first :)

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:05 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Weewoot!

rtnario said:
Also, for those who have listened to Cave Story War, hop on to Newgrounds' Audio Portal and check what's 1st place on the Top 30 of the week.
I didn't see Cave Story War on the top thirty list of the week...
...But I did see it at the top of the Best Tracks Ever list! :)
diph.php

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:25 AM
Creating A Legacy...
What an achievment Rtnario.
Well Done :)

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:16 AM
"Huzzah!"
@wedge of cheese: Thanks, but I don't think my mix is THAT good... not yet anyway. But I do see what you mean when compared to the source.
That's actually partly why I chose to remix the track; for the challenge. The other reason is that it hasn't been remixed before, not even as part of another remix (as far as I know).

@rtnario: Great accomplishment there! I must say that your tracks are amazing and I love music with good distorted guitar, especially when it's got some good lead in there, so your tracks are really in line with the kind of music I like. Good stuff. ^_^

@KuroKun:
@FrozenFire: Lol interested sounds like a clumsy toaster to me xD
meaning you don't like it?... I'm not sure if I should take this as a compliment or not, lol!

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:04 PM
@KuroKun, Lowell, JetHawk & FrozenFire
Thanks guys :) FrozenFire, if you like music with good distorted metal...umm...listen to lots of kinds of metal? If you want video game metal, try Year 200X, The Black Mages, Stage 3-1, Powerglove and other similar bands XD And Lowell, i c what u did thar. :cool:

It works both ways, too - From the mountain of reviews made for Cave Story War there were a couple who have never heard of the game and are now interested in trying it...I wonder if we'll see new fans and forumers anytime soon. ^^

Also FrozenFire, it's a big challenge. The source material is basically one melody that repeats itself all throughout with one variation. So what the remix should be is more like an original composition of yours based on that simple melody. You're gonna have to add more to the song than Pixel ever did! :eek: According to what you have so far though, it's obvious you're fully capable of it, so we'll be waiting for the (awesome) final product. :cool:

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Hey Rtnario
have you got the electronic sound in the back of the core opression remix you did? The one which plays at the ending

have you got that without the metal?
if you have can i have it cus its just soo damn cool :cool: