• Sorry guys, I fucked up in the stupidest way possible. Any avatars, attachments or media uploaded in the past month may be broken. The bulk of those are attachments.

Affected posts are by Brite / Dr. Minty Fresh / HeCooksPattiesAndSellsThe / Catalystl / ilikebreadtoomuch / Draco / minecraftstorymodefan / Extra Life / darkruler9229

Affected posts are in threads Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread / CS ~ Encore / game opens in 1080, occupies only the top left corner / Friday Night Funkin' / Bluebot Requisition - DEMO / Show us your desktop / Cave Story Season 2 / gacha cave story pics / Cave Story with XBRZ filter / Project Ampersand

-Andwhy

Cave Story+ Recordings De-syncing

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Okay, so all but my Wind Fortress recordings in CS+ have recently become horrifically unsynced.
It's true that I have been significantly editing CS+ recently, but it isn't something that should interfere with all the challenges.

So what can I do...?

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Okay, so all but my Wind Fortress recordings in CS+ have recently become horrifically unsynced.
It's true that I have been significantly editing CS+ recently, but it isn't something that should interfere with all the challenges.

So what can I do...?
You might have to define what these edits were and what you are using to record.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
You might have to define what these edits were and what you are using to record.
The edits are entirely confidential, and should not afflict all recordings.
All the recordings use CS+'s build in record feature. > .>

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Have you at least tried it with a clean copy?

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
Apr 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Steam or DRM-free? PC, Mac, or Linux?

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:54 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
Apr 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
IIRC the Cave Story+ recording/playback feature on Steam is a bit broken. I think it helps if you do every run fresh (i.e. without dying and then retrying).

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:37 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
IIRC the Cave Story+ recording/playback feature on Steam is a bit broken. I think it helps if you do every run fresh (i.e. without dying and then retrying).
Oh for fucks sake... can someone give me the other bloody version then?

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:44 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh for fucks sake... can someone give me the other bloody version then?
I don't think it's working on any PC build that's publicly released, actually (or Linux/Mac for that matter, if that's what you're going to ask next).

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:45 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
I don't think it's working on any PC build that's publicly released, actually (or Linux/Mac for that matter, if that's what you're going to ask next).
I don't think the MAC and Linux version work at all to begin with.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:57 AM
Working on too many mods at a time.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't think the MAC and Linux version work at all to begin with.
You are correct, to my knowdlege NiCALiS still hasn't fucking edited the one line of code to find the data folder in OSX after about like 5 years now.

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:25 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
You are correct, to my knowdlege NiCALiS still hasn't fucking edited the one line of code to find the data folder in OSX after about like 5 years now.
And what line would that be?

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Working on too many mods at a time.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
And what line would that be?
This is like the 5th time I've explained this here:

Basically in a OSX major update (I think Yosemite? or maybe earlier) they changed how relative filepaths work, and the entire game (both DRM and Steam) broke because it's looking for the data folder in the wrong location.

Instead of in the steam folder, it's just searching the Mac equivalent for the base C:/ drive that only admins have access to, and the way to fix it is to either move the folder to this location alongside system directories, or use a fan-patch in the steam discussions that corrects the broken pointer.

You can see why people are tired of NiCALiS's new announcements when these literally-the-game-won't-even-start problems exist.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:33 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
You can see why people are tired of NiCALiS's new announcements when these literally-the-game-won't-even-start problems exist.
You're acting as if this isn't the kind of reaction I show whenever NICALiS releases new shit as well. I say shit because inevitably there'll be something wrong with it.
I think that NICALiS' willing blindness hasn't been criticised enough, especially (publicly) by Pixel; and I think it's about time he revokes their licence to use the game.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:50 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
You're acting as if this isn't the kind of reaction I show whenever NICALiS releases new shit as well. I say shit because inevitably there'll be something wrong with it.
I think that NICALiS' willing blindness hasn't been criticised enough, especially (publicly) by Pixel; and I think it's about time he revokes their licence to use the game.
I thought NICALiS bought Cave Story at this point.

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:04 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
I don't think so.
Anyway, more related to the thread: some of these exact same recordings used to work, and all recordings I replayed/recorded worked up until very recently. Thus I believe that this is a problem with the playback system caused by some other means.