Cave Story - One More Chance/Miakid's Reign

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello, I'm new here, and I'd like to share an idea.
It starts with my vision of a "bad ending", prior to the events of Cave Story.
Quote, Arthur and Curly were battling the Killer Robots together, but things were bad. Quote ran out of energy, Arthur was captured and later executed, and Curly took Quote and ran to safety.
When you start the game, you're already ahead of all this. And Curly stole a Time-Machine from Miakid, so Quote (who she faintly thought was dead, but she had hopes) could use it to stop all of this from happening.

And then... we just follow the events and life at that time 8'D
I took a screenshot of one of the threads here, and I liked the detailed explanation on chapter 4 and 5.
diph.php

So I'm planning to do something involving Quote, Curly and Arthur working together.
Any more suggestions?

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:20 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sounds cool, Ive always wanted to see how that fight with Miakid went.

My suggestion is to add all sorts of time shenanigans. Chrono Trigger style.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:26 AM
gabbalis said:
Sounds cool, Ive always wanted to see how that fight with Miakid went.

My suggestion is to add all sorts of time shenanigans. Chrono Trigger style.

Oh, wouldn't that make the game hyper-big? ºuº

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Huh, come to think of it, yeah it probably would. Though you could probably just change the scripts for each time period, and keep the maps the same.

I don't think you could attain the atmosphere of different times that chrono trigger possesses without altering the maps though.

Still, You might be able to fit in a couple temporal interactions. With meeting your past self and whatnot. You could even have a part where quote tow ropes himself around! At least I think that should be possible. I'm somewhat new to modding myself.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:46 AM
gabbalis said:
Huh, come to think of it, yeah it probably would. Though you could probably just change the scripts for each time period, and keep the maps the same.

I don't think you could attain the atmosphere of different times that chrono trigger possesses without altering the maps though.

Still, You might be able to fit in a couple temporal interactions. With meeting your past self and whatnot. You could even have a part where quote tow ropes himself around! At least I think that should be possible. I'm somewhat new to modding myself.

Or not Tow-roping, but following you like Curly did in the Labyrinth G (H?).
For his past version, I tried spriting him without the cap (making him get the cap from Curly as a gift), but I ended up screwing the black color and... he got fully transparent ;---;

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
RageTH said:

Could you tell me which thread this was? I'm making a mod about the past as well, and I didn't realize arthur killed miakid.
I really hope that's just a theory.

Also I'm happy to offer coding help if you need it.