Cave Story on OCR!

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
It's from the Remix Project, and it's one of the better ones. I still say there should be more that are faithful to the originals, but come on, it's CS, and it's on OCR, and that is sweet.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:18 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeh ure right, I really love this track ;D

Edit: Hmmm why u not upload ure own tracks there? ;)

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:14 PM
"..."
Because my tracks don't vary from the originals (Excepting the beginning of Gravity, although I still like the original, I couldn't pull it off well enough to keep), plus they are hardly up to Overclocked quality. And that's not just me thinking my work is crap - you need to make a damn good remix, a DAMN GOOD remix to make it on OCR.

Maybe someday, though. ;)

Oct 6, 2006 at 9:08 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But if ya upload them, upload them "just without as big tits." ;D XDDDD lol
but there are nice, well they have a special rating system? Oo hmmm so only some files can make it through?

Oct 7, 2006 at 4:57 AM
"..."
Oh, no. OCRemix has a judging system.

OCR is all about quality ReMixes, not remixes. The difference is that a ReMix is a new take on the music - reinterpreting it in another music style than it was originally in, or taking the main theme and molding it into a unique song. On the other hand, a remix could be the same song with better instruments and a new beat or something.

All songs submitted to OCR are first listened to by either the creator of the site, djpretzel, or a designated judge. He makes sure that the song is of a general level of quality, as well as making sure there are no obvious problems, like horrible singing, lots of swearing, or if it's just what I call all of my songs - Spiffs, mostly the original with some better instruments and flavor added to it.

Once it passes his initial check, it moves on to a panel of 10 judges. If it gets 4 yes votes, it is posted on the site. Not all judges have to vote - if the first four vote yes, it's in. If it gets three no votes, it's rejected. A judge can request an extension to find a majority if they disagree with a ruling after voting has been closed due to the 4 yes or 3 no policy.

Sometimes a song will be posted directly to the site without being judged, but this is rare - only about 5% of all songs do not see the judge's panel before being posted.

Once a song has passed both the initial judging and the judge's panel, it is put in queue to be posted on the front page. Eventually it is posted, and there you go - you are now a member of one of the most elite halls of honor for videogame remixers.

This is a more detailed version if you want.