Cave Story Myths?

Oct 23, 2024 at 6:24 PM
Moo~
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: She/Her
So, misinformation, we like to spread them, we often pick it up whenever it comes to something we come across the first time. So what are some myths/false ideas you've had or picked up when playing Cave Story the first time, or even after beating it the first time?
...Besides "Cave Story has a Fourth Ending", lmao. Thanks, Hayden.

So, this is one that I genuinely believed while playing the game, I never did read this online, but way back, I always thought standing in water would recharge the Bubbler faster. Idek why I thought this was a thing. Like it made sense on paper but ever since I got into modding, I realize this was never the case. Sorta like the "sugar cane grows faster on sand" myth on Minecraft.

Oct 24, 2024 at 12:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
Pronouns: they/he
i'll admit for a while i genuinely believed that if you got to last cave without taking damage in CS+ you'd unlock that secret remix... not like i was good enough to ever test it for myself LOL

Oct 24, 2024 at 7:58 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: he/him
I always thought that killing the Chinfish locked you out of the true ending so I would try my best to avoid hurting him in every playthrough. I never bothered to check if killing him did anything for years lol.

Oct 25, 2024 at 11:46 PM
Sincerity will always triumph over irony.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Pronouns: He/Him
There was a myth floating around about how the mechanic of Jenka giving your Life Pot refills worked, like you had to ignore giving her the 5th puppy or some other requirement existing.

No there's no requirement or mechanics behind it she just gives you a refill if it's not in your inventory and you're post-labyrinth.

What is more complicated however is when the plantation dog (implied to be Hajime) gives you a Life Pot. You're given one alongside the life capsule when you first talk to the dog if you don't have it in your inventory, but that's it. It's a one-time refill that is "missed" once you talk to the dog and get the life capsule. I guess that means technically it is optimal to use it before you complete Plantation (like Monster X or Core) because you'll get one refill chance without needing to backtrack to Sandzone anyhow.

Back