Cave Story Maps

Apr 6, 2007 at 4:53 PM
_J_
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"

Last summer I started creating images of the various levels in Cave Story. Unfortunately, the project required much more time than I had to give and so I never completed it. However, seeing as this is by far the most complete Cave Story website/forum, I figured that I would share what I did with you guys. Maybe some of you will find it interesting.

You may have seen some of these maps on 4chans /v/ and /hr/ board. Initially when I made them, I put a small few up on 4chan so I could share them with some irc users.

First off is a .rar file containing all of the maps I did. For your convenience, I removed all of the pesky incomplete and .psd files.

Cave Story Incomplete.rar (7 mb): http://rapidshare.com/files/24631219/Cave_Story_Maps__Incomplete_.rar.html

Now for some individual maps that I am paticularly proud of

Egg Corridor

Grasstown

Labyrinth W

Mimiga Village

Unfortunately my favorite map, Outer Wall is 2.36mb (.png too!), so I have nowhere to host it. You'll just have to download the .rar to get it.

I hope you enjoy them.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Cool, but I don't understand why you made them.

This reminds me of a poster I saw somewhere of the light and dark world of Zelda: aLttP, though.

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:51 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Thanks! I appreciate the effort and for showing them. You never know what will come in handy...
They are well done!

They'd also make the beginnings of a great professional walkthrough; the Comprehensive Walkthrough to Cave Story or Cave Story Strategy Guide ;)

Apr 8, 2007 at 11:44 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
You know they would be smaller if you'd used unscaled screenshots?
Still awesome, though.

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
These images would certainly come in very handly for an interactive walkthrough. Thanks for creating them _J_. : )

-SkyeWelse

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SkyeWelse said:
These images would certainly come in very handly for an interactive walkthrough. Thanks for creating them _J_. : )

-SkyeWelse

Yes.
Kinda nice!

But well wasn't there already one who posted all the maps as images...?

Apr 15, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ive seen a interactive walkthrough but it didnt use maps :D