Cave Story: Kanpachi

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
This is just an idea that I'm going to reserve in case someone thought of it.
When it's done it will be posted in showcase.

The plot idea so far:

We all have known that Kanpachi was still fishing down there after all the mimigas were took to the Balcony, so that mean The Doctor is oblivious to his presence.
This story start after Quote returned to the Plantation from the Teleporter Room (Which is basically players going back to get all the Life Capsules and the Arms Barrier) and woke up Kanpachi who was sleeping in a hidden area below the room. Kanpachi knew something was wrong and decided to follow Quote. Of course, his weapon is Blade reskinned into a rod. He' tracked Quote up to find Momorin and Itoh. They panicked and thought Kanpachi was a rabid mimiga, and that's the first boss fight (Momorin being the main boss with a rocket launcher and Itoh jumping around like the Colons). After sorting out the 'misunderstanding' Momorin told him that the red flowers turn mimigas into monster and stuffs, and told him that she sent a robot (Quote) to thwart the Doctor and Kanpachi should come along and help them repair their heli. Kanpachi refused and decided to go and beat the crap out of The Doctor.
( Of course the game would be more detailed than that, and I'm keeping the rest of the plot with myself. Let's just say Kanpachi grabbed some gun and went up to the Hidden Last Cave, after Quote, so the cave was leveled down and have less enemies )
(I only refer Kanpachi as Kanpachi because God is always referred as God in religions)

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
...You have completed the Plantation, right?

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM
"..."
Cave Story said:
...You have completed the Plantation, right?

I didn't check on Kanpachi, actually, but I heard rumours he's still there.
Damn, is he rounded up too?
Then I guess I'll make him take a nap in the teleporter room so that no one can notice him.

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Er ... Monsieur, you seem to have forgotten about the fisherman Mimiga in the Rest Area who fishes out the Teleporter Room Key, who just happens to be Kanpachi.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM
"..."
Shimmyzmizz said:
Er ... Monsieur, you seem to have forgotten about the fisherman Mimiga in the Rest Area who fishes out the Teleporter Room Key, who just happens to be Kanpachi.

And I just happened to not forgotten.
When Quote checked on Kanpachi that time the mimigas are still around, so that would be unrelated to the mod.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:00 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't think that, for a first mod, that your plot needs to be totally consistent with the game's. So yes, it doesn't really fit, but it certainly doesn't matter.

ALSO
Stop meditating on your ideas and start modding, because that's the only way you'll ever make progress.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Lace said:
ALSO
Stop meditating on your ideas and start modding, because that's the only way you'll ever make progress.

^^ Truth :/
Start your work now and you can even out the plot after you have some design. Seems easier, IMO. :o

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
"They panicked and thought Kanpachi was a rabid mimiga..."

"...and proceeded to peel off his face to become the Mimiga Mask"

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
While I like the idea, it definitely needs more fleshing out.

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
There must be a fishing mini-game!

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:08 PM
meep
X-Calibar said:
There must be a fishing mini-game!

Brb, making a kanpachi fishing minigame

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Make his weapon like this:

Level 1: Swings a fishing rod
Level 2: Swings a fishing rod, able to hit monsters with the bobber on an invisible string.
Level 3: Swings a fishing rod, able to hit monsters with Chinfish on an invisible string.

I don't care if it's difficult, do it anyway. Or have somebody do it. :p

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:02 AM
meep
Yakkers said:
Brb, making a kanpachi fishing minigame

Before I make its own thread and start working on it, does anyone know if this would actually be legal, now that CS is a commercial product?
I'd make it as a standalone game with imported graphics, rather than an direct mod or anything.

I started trying to make this with this crap a few years back and never finished, and I really want to make this happen now that I sorta know how to use a respectable language.

Edit: Just realized, sorry to hijack the thread D:

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:31 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yakkers said:
Before I make its own thread and start working on it, does anyone know if this would actually be legal, now that CS is a commercial product?
I'd make it as a standalone game with imported graphics, rather than an direct mod or anything.

I started trying to make this with this crap a few years back and never finished, and I really want to make this happen now that I sorta know how to use a respectable language.

Edit: Just realized, sorry to hijack the thread D:

I am led to believe such a thing would be "okay"

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM
Been here way too long...
I'm not sure they could make a strong legal case against you; you should be fine with a good lawyer.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:51 AM
meep
Noxid said:
I am led to believe such a thing would be "okay"
Lace said:
I'm not sure they could make a strong legal case against you; you should be fine with a good lawyer.

Okie, I see you're trying to tell me it should be obvious that there's nothing wrong with it. I just wanted to be sure, considering that ports and double res mods have been shut down recently.

I just didn't want to put a lot of work into something only to get LOL NOPE CAN'T POST IT.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM
"..."
jed37 said:
Make his weapon like this:

Level 1: Swings a fishing rod
Level 2: Swings a fishing rod, able to hit monsters with the bobber on an invisible string.
Level 3: Swings a fishing rod, able to hit monsters with Chinfish on an invisible string.

I don't care if it's difficult, do it anyway. Or have somebody do it. :p
Actually, I was planning on making it like a more powerful but slow recharging gun with Chinfish(s) instead of missiles.

The slow recharge rate should fit his personality.