Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Jacob, did you really play through the ENTIRE demo? You probably did not since he needs to crash through the walls in Genesis Earth 2.

You meet up with Balrog after fighting Tokoro, after the "HWOOOOOooooOOOOO" flame puzzle.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey,

Um in the middle section Chiminey right after the second save point there are grey balls. You know, the ones that rain down the red projectiles? I was shooting one for about 60-90 seconds with my MG. I must have unloaded about 75-80% of the rounds into it, and it didn't die! Do those things have infinate health?

It would make it easier for me if I could somehow get rid of them.

EDIT: Well I made it to the top and found one that was an easy target without any of those red orb sheilds moving around. Holy S*** it has about 500HP or so! Since I'm at Oblivion I'll just have to wait for the final version to come out.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:38 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
The Mighty said:
Jacob, did you really play through the ENTIRE demo? You probably did not since he needs to crash through the walls in Genesis Earth 2.

You meet up with Balrog after fighting Tokoro, after the "HWOOOOOooooOOOOO" flame puzzle.
THAT WAS ANNOYING.

Tho idiot I am it took me ages to figure out you can't run into the little lights that move around.

So I did the Chimney, made it to Oblivion: Erosion, found that all the doors seem to pop me off to random places throughout the game, gave up on getting anywhere with Oblivion, now have 54HP, and still can't find the darn Pulse Core, I've got the other two parts...

Oh, Mighty, those things automatically regenerate once you bring their HP to zero. I think they have a "call event on death" flag and an event that simply replenishes it.

See, the Orange Bell is not actually the Orange Bell monster with a bunch of bats around it. The Orange Bell entity actually INCLUDES the "children" bats, so when you kill it, and it regenerates, the red projectiles (which are really the bats) come back. Just kill the spinny projectiles and it won't produce any more unless you keep shooting it.

Anyway as I was saying... Pulse Core? Where?

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:59 AM
The one at the top before the door doesn't have the "call event on death" code for it. For some reason you can destroy that one.

Hopefully they won't be like that in the final version.

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:48 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
True Hitoare said:
In the Sand Zone, there was one life capsule that required you to use temporary invincibility to get it. I'm pretty sure that's the only time it was needed.
I meant there's no compulsory need of tempor-ing, to get through the game, to find out the story, to whatever. And I did acquire that capsule once I knew how to after viewing this thread :D

Er... what is Pulse Core?

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
freezit4 said:
I meant there's no compulsory need of tempor-ing, to get through the game, to find out the story, to whatever. And I did acquire that capsule once I knew how to after viewing this thread :D

Er... what is Pulse Core?
One of the things the Hermit Gunsmith needs you to get him. I've found the Autocharger and Focusing lens, I assume the Pulse Core is in a room similar to those two, behind a panel as well... but I can't find it... :\

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:15 PM
"Huzzah!"
Lyger said:
One of the things the Hermit Gunsmith needs you to get him. I've found the Autocharger and Focusing lens, I assume the Pulse Core is in a room similar to those two, behind a panel as well... but I can't find it... :\
I think it's in that room where you need a card, you know the one room that you can't enter in the laberynth?
Alas, I believe that it's not finished yet, and that part is not in the game yet.

Question still stands - How to you get chacos lipstick? Anyone know?

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:40 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Linknight said:
I think it's in that room where you need a card, you know the one room that you can't enter in the laberynth?
Alas, I believe that it's not finished yet, and that part is not in the game yet.

Question still stands - How to you get chacos lipstick? Anyone know?
It's Hasumi's. And what you do is sleep in the bed she's next to in Grasstown.

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
I've gotten the bad ending of the original cavestory in this mod dude, I think I go the maximum level of weird right there lawl.

Also, who is that? The nurse doctor? Because I slept in the bed she's next to and nothing happened sadly.

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:10 AM
JacobX891 said:
FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER SHIT ASS DAMN FUCK DAMN IT ALL!!! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE TO GET STUCK THERE YOU RECTANGULAR BASTARD?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I fucking hate Toroko. There's not even any good pr0n of her.

So...
I guess you finally found him.
Congrats, and enjoy the rest of the demo.

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:11 AM
i fought toroko twice and now i cant get out cus theres no balrog to destroty the wall in genisis earth wtf..................

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
help me in jenka's nightmare plz

i was playing jenka's nightmare in the chimminy and when i reach oblivon i opened a door and it lead me back to geneinis sprit with the king and i got the blade and i went antoher door and it lead me back to genisis Earth i don't
know what to do here :rolleyes: plz HELLLLLLLP

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:44 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Omg don't post a new thread just ebcause of a question about a mod that already exists!

Post in the mod thread itself ><

Jul 7, 2008 at 11:58 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
umm theres 1 bug in your game i went through the chimmy and reach obliovon and i reach a door i went back to Genisis and i saw king i got the blade i went to a door and and in Genisis Earth again i don't know wat to do

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The chimney is not finished yet. That's where your trouble stems from.

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:45 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
ee28 said:
umm theres 1 bug in your game i went through the chimmy and reach obliovon and i reach a door i went back to Genisis and i saw king i got the blade i went to a door and and in Genisis Earth again i don't know wat to do

That's not a bug. That's called "The mod isn't finished yet"

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:37 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Wherever you get to from Oblivion, DON'T SAVE.

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:41 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Don't save. There's nothing to do there. The mod is just not done, so the doors bring to you random places all over the island, including original Cave Story rooms.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM
so egg corridor and oblivion isnt finished?

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh ok thanks