Cave Story is Quote's dream, he's in a coma.

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:20 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
After you beat the core in the labyrinth, then drown, then Curly "saves" you (the character), you actually entered a deep permanent coma and just kept on dreaming everything else, over and over. that's why the game is repeatable and the speed run timer is there. it's the same dream. but slightly different each time, just like every dream is.

I have yet another theory, that in fact our very lives are just a simulation created by Quote's quantum AI brain that has reached the next level of sentience, but that's a theory for another schizo thread.

1640740806025.png

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:33 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
you forgot to mention that the true ending makes very little sense

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:55 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sounds like this theory is loosely inspired by The Matrix: Resurrections.

Back in the old days, we just had straightforward stories and game mechanics. But ever since Undertale came out in 2015, I guess we decided that everything needs to be extremely meta in order to make people feel like they're experiencing something new and creative.

Also nice to see you posting outside of the Satellite Lounge again, WoodenRat. I'm still rooting for you to reach 2000 posts.

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:32 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Who knows, maybe one day a great indie game will come out with a simple, straightforward story that will destroy this trope, which would be ironic since it was the opposite before.

Dec 29, 2021 at 8:28 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Another incredible boring fanfiction.net thing "everyone is dreaming and dead".

Dec 29, 2021 at 10:03 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"