Cave Story -Gold-

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well I have a Mac and it mostly doesn't get viruses, but my opinion means nothing as I have turned it on once since I got it yesterday. But I do know from my dad who has had a Mac for a year, and it hasn't ever gotten one virus. He also doesn't know anything about viruses so he will go to any website willy-nilly.

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think I'm just going to bite my tongue at that as in retrospect I probably shouldn't have said anything about macs to begin with.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yeah if your worried about viruses, get a Mac.
No OS is immune to viruses. Period. Although it is less likely to get a virus on a Mac or Linux than on Windows right now, they are still vulnerable to viruses. People make more viruses for Windows because it is the more used platform, but if another OS rises and becomes more popular than Windows more viruses are are more likely to be created for the new OS.

The general rule is to just be safe and know what you're doing, research, etc. e.g. Don't click on flashing neon banners with "HOT GIRLS XXX HAWT" written on it

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
No OS is immune to viruses. Period. Although it is less likely to get a virus on a Mac or Linux than on Windows right now, they are still vulnerable to viruses. People make more viruses for Windows because it is the more used platform, but if another OS rises and becomes more popular than Windows more viruses are are more likely to be created for the new OS.

The general rule is to just be safe and know what you're doing, research, etc. e.g. Don't click on flashing neon banners with "HOT GIRLS XXX HAWT" written on it
I wouldn't click it anyways. That's not the kind of stuff I really need to see.

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Clicking on the stuff saying you win a new Macbook is fine though, because that way you'll get more Macbooks in case anything bad happens.

it was funny in my head okay?

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Clicking on the stuff saying you win a new Macbook is fine though, because that way you'll get more Macbooks in case anything bad happens.

it was funny in my head okay?
I thought it was pretty funny.

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
And if you break your mac you can always sell it for "Money rape " on the "Sell your electronics for money not a scam banner! its a scam " Also I have been using my mac for a while and wow its really good! Way better than my pc, so I suggest if you have tons of money a mac. You can even get a program called parallels to download windows or another OS onto your mac.

Thats the only way I can play video games.

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You can even get a program called parallels to download windows or another OS onto your mac.

Thats the only way I can play video games.
Running an OS running an application running another OS running a game is generally a bad idea.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM
OSception?

And yeah it may be slow but it is better than having to spend money fixing my other computer. Which is what prompted me to start using my Mac.

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Where do thes kids keep coming from? Honest to goodness I am not complaining, i lurk the ideas and showcase threads with a giddy disposition that i happen across threads like these. Threads liek these make this one of the most hilarious forums i've been on. The personalities we get are unbelievable, and theres been an influx of them recently, keep it up guys.

Also, my avatar is a trojan.