Cave story eshop save files

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Here is my predicament

I am at the Prefab house (the house on the Sacred Grounds) about to go to the stage Hell (called Blood-stained sanctuary in this version). This is the first time I have attempted to get the good ending rather than the semi-good ending where you
jump off the floating island with Sue
. The arsenal I have is horrible for this stage because i do not have the Nemisis. I wanted to use the knife because of its blast at level three that does extra damage. But you lose level three status on one hit so its not that good.

I want a save file with Nemesis at the Prefab house before hell. But there are no save files either because it is a new game or that some assume that extracting save files from the 3ds is difficult. It is actually easy.

When you put your memory card in the computer go to the folder (usually G:) and go to the folder that is NOT labeled "Private"

Then go to the next folder inside and then go to title

Check both of these folders and try to find the folder where the "Date modifided" is the day you bought the game from the eshop

Then go to the data folder and there is your save file

Here is mine (Spur, knife, Rocket, bubble, fireball)
View attachment 00000001.zip

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This... is actually a pretty useful thread. I haven't been able to try it out myself on the account of lacking a 3DS, and I'm actually surprised if it's as easy as you say it is.

So, your post was a bit all over the place, so for clarity's sake: you're after a 3DS eShop save of Cave Story, at the prefab house, with a nemesis? Yeah?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This... is actually a pretty useful thread. I haven't been able to try it out myself on the account of lacking a 3DS, and I'm actually surprised if it's as easy as you say it is.

So, your post was a bit all over the place, so for clarity's sake: you're after a 3DS eShop save of Cave Story, at the prefab house, with a nemesis? Yeah?

Yes. I don't want to play the whole game again just because I made a mistake. Also I think you can only unlock the extra modes with the perfect ending because nothing happens when the credits end.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The nemesis is the gun curly shoots in hell minus the exp penalties, I can't see why you would need another, especially given that if you have not used the nemmy before the exp penalties would probably destroy you. Spur and missiles are all you need.

Anyhow it turns out that I can't modify your save because it's encrypted.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:40 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
i don't have spur but I have The Nemesis heres link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e024davmv85769s

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Having neither the Spur nor Nemesis myself (I traded my polar star for the machine gun), i'm stuck, too. But I insist on beating this the old fashioned way! :p

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry for the late response I am gonna try gamerjxxl's save and will get back to yall if it works

Yup it doesn't work. Probably is encrypted.

UPDATE: A not so recent update allows you to save backups of your save data on your SD card. Perhaps now save data can be transferred from one 3DS to another.

Here is the link to mine

Let's see if this works. you can find yours in F:\Nintendo 3DS\786f47d22fe00aba9e5a89b92a354bef\622c00ab4760a463534430320002544d\backup\000\000400000009b300

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM
The Preacher
You're implying everyone should know what the endings are, even though it's actually written in the rules that you don't have to have finished the game in order to subscribe?
Who cares about a spoiler? It's rather nice of them to add it in case someone that hasn't finished the game on 3DS and searching for that thread for whatever reason isn't spoiled even though it's not really a big spoiler but
who cares

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
What Hiino said, Your beating down more of the twelve year old attitude, and it's hardly even qualifying for it.
Just calm down a little.

And I noticed a GIR edit three post above, I wonder what for?

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
And I noticed a GIR edit three post above, I wonder what for?
Edited by GIRakaCHEEZER, 07 November 2012 - 09:35 AM
It's been nearly a year since that edit, and I honestly can't remember what I might have done.

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
The Preacher
Bombchu Link said:
Just calm down a little.
did i really just read that

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
Hiino said:
You're implying everyone should know what the endings are, even though it's actually written in the rules that you don't have to have finished the game in order to subscribe?
Umm...

I'm pretty sure in the rules it says

1. By making an account and posting, we will assume that you have beaten Cave Story fully, blah blablah blah. There will be unmarked spoilers regarding the game and blahing blahs.
Oh yeah, I'm certain.

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Professional Whatever
That's no excuse for chastising people who use spoilers

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
The Preacher
no look you misunderstand. This is a forum for Cave Story. Obviously we are going to talk about Cave Story, including its endings. The best course of action would be to spoilerize everything but we don't do that because spoilering everything related to advanced parts of the game is going to be a bother. See, it's written "we will assume that you have beaten Cave Story", not "you have to beat Cave Story". Basically it means "don't complain if you read spoils". Not "you don't have the right to not know something about Cave Story" as that would be incredibly silly. So someone actually putting spoilers on things is doing a somewhat unnecessary job, but it's pretty kind of them to think that way.

So yeah I did a poor job when I said "it's actually written in the rules that you don't have to have finished the game in order to subscribe", but it is not written in the rules that you HAVE to have finished the game either.