Cave Story eShop Curly Story Glitch

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:07 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
While it's still playable, it's my hope that those other issues will eventually be fixed as well. As it's been said, this was supposed to be the definitive version.

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
While it's still playable, it's my hope that those other issues will eventually be fixed as well. As it's been said, this was supposed to be the definitive version.
I've been under the impression that CS+ was the definitive version. I thought the eShop version was supposed to be a portable version with less features. I've never actually played CS+, though, so I can't judge that.

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
At first, I thought Nicalis would never get around to fixing it and just consider the glitches as excuses to make another remake, so I am am both glad and surprised that they fixed it.

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, I was surprised as well... But I noticed a couple of other things as well; I forgot one, but the other was after you beat G-CLONE in the Wind Fortress, It says 'Destroyed G-CLONE!8'. There's a random 8. Do they even check this over? And I also had to note, Nicalis said that the 3DS 'couldn't handle' the Cave Story+ Music or graphics. I personally think that they were just being lazy. I mean, look at Cave Story 3D. Seriously?

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah, I was surprised as well... But I noticed a couple of other things as well; I forgot one, but the other was after you beat G-CLONE in the Wind Fortress, It says 'Destroyed G-CLONE!8'. There's a random 8. Do they even check this over? And I also had to note, Nicalis said that the 3DS 'couldn't handle' the Cave Story+ Music or graphics. I personally think that they were just being lazy. I mean, look at Cave Story 3D. Seriously?

The screen has too small of a resolution for them to effectively use the CS+ graphics (your field of view would be a quarter of what it is now if they used them). And the new music is all oggs, and thus takes a lot of space. The music taking up a lot of space is ok when the game has its own cartridge, but when it's a downloadable title they really need to save on as much space as they can.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
With this glitch I have made it as far to First Cave.

I feel pathetic D: