Cave Story endings

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi what set of choices will let you see the 3 different endings in the game? Could you please list it down...

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is worded so strangely...
But whatever. I have no problem answering a question that's been answered many, many times in various places.

Best
-Don't get machine gun
-Get Curly's panties
-Don't get snake
-Don't get booster 0.8
-Get tow rope
-Save Curly in Waterway
-Go into Prefab Room after beating "final" bosses
-Die repeatedly

Good
-No prerequisite, just jump off the island when prompted

Bad
-Say you want to leave on Kazuma's dragon when you see him in Egg No. 00, then talk to him again and fly off into the distance you coward

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why is this awkward

That one dude's life or death being decided by whether or not you jump down the shaft when he falls is kind of dumb, especially since the only way to save him is to just decide to ignore him for some reason. Guess it's supposed to be an easter egg, but if I recall it can affect whether or not you reach the hell level.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Yes, if you ignore "that one dude" (his name is Booster), you will get the best ending because he will come back later instead of dying if you talk to him. Pretty clever of Pixel, in my opinion, since most people's automatic response would be to save someone, and think doing that "good deed" will get them the best end

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Best
-Don't get machine gun
Actually, you can get the best ending with any set of weapons. Getting the Machine Gun has nothing to do with it.

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
@Booster
Yes! It teaches you: you shouldn't try to save everyone! Let them help themselves! And they will reward you!

I do find it very odd myself... I still think either A)
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to see it... did it really fall?

or B)
Perhaps that point where the division of two universes collide, and if you jump down there; you're no longer in Kansas anymore.

or C)
Booster fixes the teleporter with his last breath, and it sends him to Sand Zone, where a dog with a Life Pot in its mouth awaits.

or D)
Booster conveniently appears in the teleporter all of a sudden unharmed. Teleporters are known for their reality bending properties. Booster probably just used the buffer memory of the teleporter, to put humpty dumpty back together again.

or E)
Booster v0.8 dies. I'll be back. Now, Booster v2.0 lives.

or Z)
Pixel was trixy

EDIT:
or G)
Booster is haunting the island as some kind of corporeal ghost. It's why he doesn't go back home.
Afterall if Pooh Black in the labyrinth can haunt the clinic, perhaps Booster can come back too. Only strange part is the teleporter. But, perhaps although Quote sees him clearly, maybe looking at him in the mirror would reveal a floating pair of Glasses.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Or he used the 0.8 to gather materials to fix the teleporter up with. That or maybe he took apart the booster and used its parts on the teleporter.

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
My theories:
1. As long as he is alone then he will struggle to live, but when you talk to him he can die easy knowing that that he passed the baton onto someone more capable than him in his present state. Shame on you. Shame. <_< :p
2. http://tvtropes.org/...verFoundTheBody

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Snack is the best weapon.

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Professional Whatever
Yeah sorry I forgot that you don't actually need the spur
So don't get the spur
Get the snake
Or I will eat you