Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
4th grade :D
ok so was your school strict? :D

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I became really good at spelling sometime before grade 6, I am not quite sure when.
And I can spell Onomatopoeia. :D

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:37 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Here's a big word:

"Electroencephalographically"

I have a friend Joey. He's electroencephalographically challenged.

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:35 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
An Electroencephalograph is a machine in a hospital which moniters the electric currents produced by the brain. That must be a challenging condition.

More comics; yo.

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:47 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Electroencephalographically challenged means he's dead. :D

He wasn't actually my friend. He lived in the same town as me. One day he diecided to be stupid and find out what happens when you pop the lid on a gas tank near an old gas station and drop a match in. Idiot.

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:49 AM
"Huzzah!"
Ehehe.... I remember correctly spelling Antidisestablishmentarianism in a fourth-grade spelling bee. The teacher threw it out as a joke... and apparently I missed the humor and got the word. ;P

*ahem*, off topic, I apologize.

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:05 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Officially the longest word in the world is "floccinaucinihilipilification", which beats antidisestablishmentarianism by a character. Unofficially, the longest word is "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis".

The 'word' however with the most letters ever is actually the name of a protein. Being a name, its technically not a word but it is 1913 characters long.

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucyl phenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyl lysylglutamylglycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprolylphenyl alanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycylisol eucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleucylaspartyl threonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspartyl alanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenyl alanylserylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolyl threonylisoleucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucyl arginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonyl prolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamyl methionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylarginylglutaminyllysyl histidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucyl leucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenyl alanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenyl alanyltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalyl glycylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalyl prolylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanyl arginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginyl valylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinyl prolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucyl leucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycyl arginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginyl alanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyl arginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidyl leucylvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginyl alanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanyl glycylisoleucylserylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysyl alanylalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycyl alanylisoleucylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisol eucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisoleucyl glutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyl lysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylprolylmethionyllysyl alanylalanylthreonylarginylserine

(source of all this: http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/long1.html )

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
There are a lot of large medical-based words, but I don't count them as words.
And no, supacalifragelisticexpealidocious is not a word (tell me if I spelt it incorrectly).

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:30 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Xaser said:
Ehehe.... I remember correctly spelling Antidisestablishmentarianism in a fourth-grade spelling bee. The teacher threw it out as a joke... and apparently I missed the humor and got the word. ;P

nah that is on topic for the time being :D

Also has anyone spelt a normal common word and just looked at it and say " i know thats spelt right but it just seems like it isnt"?

that happens to me sometimes its just annoying especially if your doing a test eg(sac Student.accessed.coursework)

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Yes it has happened to me before.

Aug 21, 2007 at 8:02 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Well, that, among words, is fairly easy to spell, thanks to how common all the parts of it are. >_> It can be sounded out perfectly, too.

Aug 21, 2007 at 8:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
But you can sometimes lose hold of what letters you have already said when you are recalling large words just from memory without being able to write it down. This can end in you either missing letters, or saying the same letter twice as you begin to lose track of where you are up to.
This is because you have to focus on which letters you have said and focusing on spelling the word.

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:01 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
But you can sometimes lose hold of what letters you have already said when you are recalling large words just from memory without being able to write it down. This can end in you either missing letters, or saying the same letter twice as you begin to lose track of where you are up to.
This is because you have to focus on which letters you have said and focusing on spelling the word.

i just stuff most of it in general trying to focus on the word and then just start adding random letters that sound like it lol :D

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
i just stuff most of it in general trying to focus on the word and then just start adding random letters that sound like it lol :D
Waht liek diis, eis diis waht yu ar riefiiring tu?

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:00 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
O_o
no not general words.. in general :D

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Waht du yu mene?

p.s. Ei dhinc ei haev started saumfing reeli weard and anhoieng...

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:20 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
Waht du yu mene?

Ok now i cant really make out any words except like 5 of them :D :p :D :)

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Ei saed:
Waht du yu mene?

Translation:
What do you mean?
p.s. I think I have started something really weird and annoying...