Cave Story Animated Screensaver by Falcon Five

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:35 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
So a Cave Story fan by the name of Falcon Five sent me a customized Cave Story Screensaver which will be added later to the site on a site update when I can get to it. It's quite the badass little screensaver and charming as well. It should come with some instructions for how to install it.

Click Me! Click Me! Click M....eee!

-SkyeWelse

Apr 16, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Wow this is pretty cool, I finally have a screensave I would want to use besides "Blank" : D

I wonder if he plans to make any others.

Apr 16, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lol i was gonna make a screen saver with cavestory... but i was waiting till i found out how to make screen savers with the visualbasic express2005 :D

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:17 AM
taifunbrowser
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
well, this definately doesnt work with vista XD

k i'll go to work on seeing how one makes vista screensavers :D

Sep 2, 2007 at 6:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Thread Necromancy!!!

Is there a way to mute the screensaver bgm because it gets annoying after a while.

Sep 2, 2007 at 9:15 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
Thread Necromancy!!!

Is there a way to mute the screensaver bgm because it gets annoying after a while.

aw i love the moonsong ;"D

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Awesome! That screen saver kicks ass!

Thanks, I guess I'm a little late, but I just joined the forums and I hope to be a regular poster. After I get a professional statement down, I'm thinking of making a petition to get this game on the Wii's Virtual Console! Even though it'd be simple just to download it for PC, a home console feel would be worth points, even though it's probably going to be free.

Hoping more petitions get made for this,

Ness Kid

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:48 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
aw i love the moonsong ;"D
But the screensaver kicks in at the worst moments and suddenly hits you with moonsong at a very high volume because you used it to play music or watch a movie and it scares the crap outta ya. I know it's a great screensaver but it would be better if it had an option to mute the bgm in the settings/config/whatever so that you could have it either way. My dream cs .scr would be where it has a computer controlled quote running around the island shooting enemies, but that would take too much work for a screensaver.

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:56 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
But the screensaver kicks in at the worst moments and suddenly hits you with moonsong at a very high volume because you used it to play music or watch a movie and it scares the crap outta ya. I know it's a great screensaver but it would be better if it had an option to mute the bgm in the settings/config/whatever so that you could have it either way. My dream cs .scr would be where it has a computer controlled quote running around the island shooting enemies, but that would take too much work for a screensaver.

could be some flash anime made into a screensaver possible?

get a scary movie at high volume and put that screen saver for 10 mins then make your bro or something watch the movie
instant funny as skit :D MWAHAHAHAHA

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Ness Kid said:
Awesome! That screen saver kicks ass!

Thanks, I guess I'm a little late, but I just joined the forums and I hope to be a regular poster. After I get a professional statement down, I'm thinking of making a petition to get this game on the Wii's Virtual Console! Even though it'd be simple just to download it for PC, a home console feel would be worth points, even though it's probably going to be free.

Hoping more petitions get made for this,

Ness Kid
Before you port Cave Story you would need permission from Pixel first, but he is not perfect with his English. Try announcing your idea at the Cave Story Livejournal Community and see their responses then get permission for the port from Pixel via his BBS. If I got anything wrong then I apologise.