Cave Story - ABRIDGED

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Captain Fabulous said:
So it's animation. What kind of animation? Will you be using the Cave Story sprites or original art? Do you guys have any artists, animators, musicians or musical assets, editors, or anyone who knows how to run a production like this? I'm assuming you have a director: Vinnis. Are there going to be auditions or does anyone with a microphone get a VA part? If you can't supply this information along with your casting call, why should I believe you'll get anywhere with this?
Anyone with a mic can voice via skype
if they fit the part.

And this is for fun. Not for profit

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Captain Fabulous said:
So it's animation. What kind of animation? Will you be using the Cave Story sprites or original art? Do you guys have any artists, animators, musicians or musical assets, editors, or anyone who knows how to run a production like this? I'm assuming you have a director: Vinnis. Are there going to be auditions or does anyone with a microphone get a VA part? If you can't supply this information along with your casting call, why should I believe you'll get anywhere with this?
No, it's not animation. As I said before-its a regular play through giving the characters more personality and voices.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So is the plan to play voice clips over a recording of a playthrough?

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
TLincoln said:
I guess I'll voice Sue, if anybody can help me find a software that could alter my voice to make it sound feminine.
Try Audacity. Record your voice, then raise the pitch and speed it up some. Works for most guys voicing female parts.

And I'm fine with Kazuma, so long as my recording equipment doesn't start smoking anytime soon...

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
So is the plan to play voice clips over a recording of a playthrough?
Yeah. That's pretty much it.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM
How about a Ma Pignon Voice? :pignon:

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Perpetually out of it
Considering the remaining options I could go for Jack, Santa or Dr. Gero...
And how has no one asked to voice Cthulhu yet?! I would, except my voice wouldn't suit them, so....anyone?

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:58 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Vinnis said:
Anyone with a mic can voice via skype
maybe if you want it to sound like canned ass

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nadojin said:
Considering the remaining options I could go for Jack, Santa or Dr. Gero...
And how has no one asked to voice Cthulhu yet?! I would, except my voice wouldn't suit them, so....anyone?
Sure, You can do all of them if you want!
Call me on Skype. I may not talk due to my mic but gimme a call!

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I just got the idea to make a cave story manga! Thanks a lot guys for the inspiration.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Perpetually out of it
Couple Questions:
I the dialogue changed from the original game, considering it's abridged? Or do characters basically have the same lines from the game?
And is it the voices that are supposed to be funny or the lines? (Or both?)

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Dunc2403 said:
Vinnis for the sake of the sanity of anyone watching this I'd suggest reconsidering the Skype part of it
Skype is for Auditions

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Ah, I understand. In any case I'd be unable to use Skype for this, and though I doubt this project will go anywhere I still want to record myself voice acting for those characters I mentioned. I'll record and send you the file.

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:39 AM
War criminal
I'm not able to Skype. How about we Youtube our auditions and send the video links to you?

I DO wonder though. Will there be references to the forums in the series? Just because we're doing this?

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
If this goes anywhere (which I'm assuming it won't), I'd like to volunteer for voice acting. My voice is pretty malleable. I think.

(none of you are getting my skype though)

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'd like to volunteer for - haha no I can't do that :p

:p...

√_√

Still, this seems pretty interesting. If things don't work out, I think it'd be neat to just have a bunch of the recorded lines in one audio thing. Like a Cave Story radio drama! Voiced by forum members! :D

Even incomplete, that'd be pretty awesome.

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm actually quite curious about what you have in mind for a script. It seems you have a lot of users who are interested in helping you, and you are also taking on multiple roles, so I'll bow out of this one. Still, I am interested to see how far this idea will progress...

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
I would like to audition for this, but I have a few questions first, although some of them I have because I have no idea what auditioning is like. First, when we audition, will we need to do the parts for the characters, or can we just do something random, like the intro to Symphony of the Night, or almost every line from the first stage of Star Fox 64?(I've played both of those so many times I've memorized them) Second, if you're going to do a playthrough of the game, do you plan to do a text mod to go with it? I could try to do that, although pretty much anyone could, since all that needs to be altered is text, which doesn't require much TSC. Finally, if I audition for anyone, I want to try either Sue, since I find her dialougue fun to read, or some villain, since I'm pretty good with villain dialogue.