Cave Story 3D - New Stuff List

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:58 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
wait actualy they have, never mind

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I seem to remember someone talking about a new weapon, that you apparently get by giving the Nemesis to the Hermit Gunsmith, or something.

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I have found no new weapons as of yet. Also, it is called prinny's CAP, not hat. Inner Wall and the secret grave are the only two new areas. I have also found that 82 is the max health outside of hell. In hell, it is 96. There are now two life capsules in hell, and destroying a statue in the statue room and reading the new plaque gives you plus 1 each.

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
Awww. There was a secret gave? I wish I could've found that before I traded it in. :mad:

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There is a huge but really fun bug that happens when you go back to the title screen with the inventory open... It saves all the game flags! I love to play around with this bug because you can basically do anything, even get ludicrous amounts of HP.

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
I have also found that 82 is the max health outside of hell. In hell, it is 96. There are now two life capsules in hell, and destroying a statue in the statue room and reading the new plaque gives you plus 1 each.
Nope. There is 100 maximum life.
Keep looking.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
Fantastic... game-breaking flag bug which gives you infinite phat loots. Almost as epic as Missingno. Almost.

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I just tried out that glitch. I had my save by the exist of Collasping Tower (I think that's what the new area after Undead Core is called?), I started a new game (in hard mode) and quit playing with the menu open in the Yamashita Farm.

I went back to the Collapsing Tower save and tried making my way back through it... every single step taken on the parts of the bridge that would normally fall grants you a +5 life capsule. Before I walked across the bridge once I had 124 HP :awesomeface:
(I had about 66 when I loaded the save... I deliberately didn't pick most of the new life capsules that were added to the game)

I hear that by quitting in Yamashita Farm and loading a save in the Prefab House (the entrance to hell) you can get the Beast Fang by checking the bed.
I would try, but I want to be able to fool around in Collapsing Tower without having to replay the entire game.

Anybody here willing to give it a shot?

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I know why that works, Duke! I havent tried it, but I noticed that something about the flag bug. I just now made a save. Got to yamashita farm. Took life capsule. Opened inventory. Exited game. Loaded the save. No extra life. Walked outside the save house. APPEAERS AT THE F***ING ENTRANCE TO YAMASHITA FARM.

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Veteran Member
Well, of course if you didn't save -after- getting the capsule you don't get to keep it. Th glitch affects flags, not stats.

But yes, it can also cause random transports to other locations. This can actually be used to go back from points of no return (like say you want to return to, well, the rest of the game after defeating the Doctor...)

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Banned
Oh, I didnt understand about saving after. And I believe the game thought I was in Yamashita or something. IDEA couldn't this be used to get multiple polar stars, and thus Spur + Machine Gun?

EDIT: Saved in Arthur's House. Grabbed +2 Life Capsule. Saved in Arthut's House. Opens inventory. Exits game. Life capsule gone.

ALSO: NEW GLITCH WITH TRICK: Using the inventory bug in Arthur's House, I sometimes get asked if I want to teleport to egg corridor when I load save. I haven't activated permission to tele there yet. Possibly usable to get to unreachable places elsewhere?

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Veteran Member
Oh yes, this can definitely lead to sequence breaking.

But I don't think you're understanding how to really use the glitch. The idea here is to open your inventory, quit the game and then load a DIFFERENT save.

Like in my example above, my save was in the new area after the Undead Core, I loaded that after going to Yamashita Farm in a new game (but it could just as well have been another save file by those parts).

And I suppose it could indeed be used to get multiple copies of the same weapon (assuming the game engine allows that) but what would be the point? (unless... you really wanted that weapon to always be maxed out).

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Banned
Two things.

To get straight what you just said, I would, for example, make a second save at someplace with a capsule, on the first save open inventory and quit. Load second save, get capsule, open inventory, exit, and go back to first save?

And I said you could use it to get, say, two polar stars for a spur AND machine gun.

IDEA: Use trick to get through locked egg corridor door first time and skip half the game.

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Banned
Forgetting something? Read my IDEAs. MACHINE GUN.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Banned
What about it? Unless you mean mimiga mask plus booster.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Veteran Member
To get straight what you just said, I would, for example, make a second save at someplace with a capsule, on the first save open inventory and quit. Load second save, get capsule, open inventory, exit, and go back to first save?
No, or at least that's not what I meant (though this could lead to interesting results too).
I meant go somewhere interesting (like Yamashita Farm), open the inventory, quit the game, load up a save and interact with the environment in the place you start out in (i.e. where you had saved).
If you check, say, a bed and it yields something you want to keep, save again. And if you want to, you can repeat the process endlessly.

And I said you could use it to get, say, two polar stars for a spur AND machine gun.
Ah, I see. Perhaps.
Just remember, as far as I know it's not possible to have more than five weapons (in particular on this 3DS port when you try to get a sixth in the sanctuary time attack, you are asked if you're willing to drop one)

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Banned
Then only get five weapons! Screw the bubbline or something. Also, here are my results from doing that trick, numbered in order:
1. The door out of Arthur's house says the door is locked, and the computer acts like I'm talking to King.
2. The door is King, the bed is locked, and the flowers are Jack.
3. The door is Arthur's house key.
4. The door leads me to Yamashita Farm.
5. The computer is King.

After that I took a break.