What Is Your Favorite Gun In Cave Story

• Total voters
Jan 17, 2021 at 11:49 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Cave story 3 demo is out

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 1:11 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Cave Story Three Demo Is Out! Here Is the Link to Download

I Still Have to Change the Name to Cave Story 3 And watch the tutorial.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 2:23 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Time for me to play it.

EDIT: Alright, I've played it, and I gotta admit.. There's a lot of things that really need to be worked out within this mod, and I really mean it.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 2:37 AM
"Huzzah!"
why

edit: also how the fuck did you edit the graphics, they're still in .jnb format???

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:59 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well, its a mod I guess
1. You should probably delete the Profile.dat
2. Change the title.bmp and the credits as well
3. Same with the icons...
4. New game teleports you and hands you a life capsule, very cool
5. First area is just Jenkas Nightmare
6. Door is blocked by a block
7. door to nowhere
Capture.PNG
8. Little late for the blade, dontcha think?
9. Cant speak with Curly, weird but ok
10. should probably move this more to the right so it actually makes sense
Capture.PNG
11. Music plays only after you talk to Curly, this is funny, but Im pretty sure that not intended
12. Blade is just Excalibur
13. Another trigger on top: for when one isnt enough
14. Plantation with the moon background, crazy
15. Dark Space > Outside > Plantation > First Cave, yet still no story
Capture.PNG
16. Life capsules are still here why?
17. Secret room is still here
18. Here we go again
19. Starry background doesnt equal emotional
20. Dialogue remains the same, very cool
21. Why
Capture.PNG
22. Oh the magic journal, surely it'll tell me what to do--
It has the same objective as the first one in JN
23. The graveyard is pointless
24. Why do you have bouncy collision
Capture.PNG
25. Suddenly farm
Capture.PNG
26. If you die, suddenly Balrog is in the observatory
27. Does not compute
Capture.PNG
28. Rest area in plantation has a chest behind a rocket, very cool
29. AAA mod
Capture.PNG
30. Theres also missing pipe textures after two of "Guess the pipe"
31. No way to beat said pipe puzzle
32. Old jail is pretty much pointless
please tell me this mod is a shitpost

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:58 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
This is modern art

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:56 AM
Im saying, Its has a lot of work to be done, but thats a demo and just the beginning of the game

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:23 AM
"Huzzah!"
Im saying, Its has a lot of work to be done, but thats a demo and just the beginning of the game

i'll be honest, so far your mod is a portion of jenka's nightmare but with a few nonsensical edits. this is not your work, it's not your level design, sprites, level layout - you're just making extremely minor changes to someone else's mod (which you haven't even acknowledged, c'mon dude), which i recognise is a little ironic considering what modding is but i think your best bet is to start over with a fresh copy of vanilla cave story.

i'm not sure if you're trolling or genuinely think people won't recognise the mod you're editing - if it's the latter, jenka's nightmare is one of the most well known cave story mods. you are fooling nobody. if it's the former, get more creative.

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:05 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you're just making extremely minor changes to someone else's mod (which you haven't even acknowledged, c'mon dude), which i recognise is a little ironic considering what modding is but i think your best bet is to start over with a fresh copy of vanilla cave story.

i'm not sure if you're trolling or genuinely think people won't recognise the mod you're editing - if it's the latter, jenka's nightmare is one of the most well known cave story mods. you are fooling nobody. if it's the former, get more creative.
Oh come on man, modding other people's mods is a unique art form that I haven't seen someone tap into in a very long time. This could be another legend like The Untold Story and Con Story.

Jan 19, 2021 at 7:04 AM
War criminal
Didn't Rysoriginal blatantly rip off your mod without permission?

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:42 PM
i'll be honest, so far your mod is a portion of jenka's nightmare but with a few nonsensical edits. this is not your work, it's not your level design, sprites, level layout - you're just making extremely minor changes to someone else's mod (which you haven't even acknowledged, c'mon dude), which i recognise is a little ironic considering what modding is but i think your best bet is to start over with a fresh copy of vanilla cave story.

Pretty much i know, but this is cave story three and I need to have the map from cs 2, because i Remember all those map changes, plus i have to add on and re-design Oblivion and Genesis, so yeah IM NOT DONE LIKE I SAID

Well, its a mod I guess
1. You should probably delete the Profile.dat
2. Change the title.bmp and the credits as well
3. Same with the icons...
4. New game teleports you and hands you a life capsule, very cool
5. First area is just Jenkas Nightmare
6. Door is blocked by a block
7. door to nowhere
View attachment 7621
8. Little late for the blade, dontcha think?
9. Cant speak with Curly, weird but ok
10. should probably move this more to the right so it actually makes sense
View attachment 7622
11. Music plays only after you talk to Curly, this is funny, but Im pretty sure that not intended
12. Blade is just Excalibur
13. Another trigger on top: for when one isnt enough
14. Plantation with the moon background, crazy
15. Dark Space > Outside > Plantation > First Cave, yet still no story
View attachment 7625
16. Life capsules are still here why?
17. Secret room is still here
18. Here we go again
19. Starry background doesnt equal emotional
20. Dialogue remains the same, very cool
21. Why
View attachment 7627
22. Oh the magic journal, surely it'll tell me what to do--
It has the same objective as the first one in JN
23. The graveyard is pointless
24. Why do you have bouncy collision
View attachment 7629
25. Suddenly farm
View attachment 7631
26. If you die, suddenly Balrog is in the observatory
27. Does not compute
View attachment 7635
28. Rest area in plantation has a chest behind a rocket, very cool
29. AAA mod
View attachment 7636
30. There's also missing pipe textures after two of "Guess the pipe"
31. No way to beat said pipe puzzle
32. Old jail is pretty much pointless
please tell me this mod is a shitpost
Ok Listen, one if you go on top of the pot and press down on the pot, you get a shitload of items, including the air tank, spur, and booster 2.0, this won't be in the real game, so enjoy it in the demo. Your not playing it right, you gotta go to grasstown, then jump down the hole you fell through, then you gotta defeat the thingies, then the story kicks in, the funny curly music thing is intended, you're also supposed to go to the village, I'm going to delete the pipe puzzle, And the moon background is because there's a whole story behind it, and you gotta play the game to find out. also, your comments are helpful too. even the mean ones, they're actually quite funny. P.S. I should be done fully updating the game by the time of the modding fest, but I should have the first version of the game out by..... January 31st.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:49 PM
Also, Rysoriginal hasn't been on for almost to years, Idk If I missed a post, but I'm kinda worried about Rysoriginal
But he did rip of the stupid XD cave story fourth ending but funnier mod, I have to say, IT WAS CRAP, I bet he was like three years old or something, because I could look at carrots for hours and that would still be more fun.

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:22 PM
Based Member
Oh yeah, that's right, add "The Most Funny-Nonsense Cave Story Mod" to that list of "mods of mods". But, um, no, it wasn't really ripping off my mod considering that he made sure to prevent the events of the 4th ending from happening in his mod, added his own content, and made no attempt to take credit for the 4th ending. If anything, I was honored that he decided to use my mod as a base for his mod instead of using the vanilla game.

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:48 AM

Actually, You're right, im making cave story 3, but with haydens mod, i really like his mod, and i will use it to create the game, however this does delay the game for like a week.

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ok Listen, one if you go on top of the pot and press down on the pot, you get a shitload of items, including the air tank, spur, and booster 2.0, this won't be in the real game, so enjoy it in the demo. Your not playing it right, you gotta go to grasstown, then jump down the hole you fell through, then you gotta defeat the thingies, then the story kicks in, the funny curly music thing is intended, you're also supposed to go to the village, I'm going to delete the pipe puzzle, And the moon background is because there's a whole story behind it, and you gotta play the game to find out. also, your comments are helpful too. even the mean ones, they're actually quite funny. P.S. I should be done fully updating the game by the time of the modding fest, but I should have the first version of the game out by..... January 31st.
where was this ever explained?
if theres a right way to play you should at least try to show us where we're supposed to go
the first path it takes you to is Mimiga Village, and there doesnt seem to be anywhere else you can even go

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:03 PM
where was this ever explained?
if theres a right way to play you should at least try to show us where we're supposed to go
the first path it takes you to is Mimiga Village, and there doesnt seem to be anywhere else you can even go
Sure, but its still ONLY a demo

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:54 PM
"Huzzah!"