Cave Story "2"

May 2, 2008 at 8:47 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I don't see much point of debate unless someone refers to Pixel's version as a mod. Americans rechristened football as "soccer" and now the term "football" refers to American football globalised, with not many objecting. We call em as we see em, simple as that, just make sure you remind everyone who made the game if someone says Cave Story is a mod. O.o

May 2, 2008 at 1:24 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Roonil Wazlib said:
I don't see much point of debate unless someone refers to Pixel's version as a mod.

Why that but not the other way round?
Game = Means you made it entirely yourself, or atleast that it's not based on another game.

May 2, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Respwnt
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Why that but not the other way round?
Game = Means you made it entirely yourself, or atleast that it's not based on another game.
Because the word "mod" is universally accepted as a modification, whereas not many know that "game" is strictly a reference to the original. When a new member reads about Cave Story being a "mod", he'll believe Pixel wasn't the original creator. However if he sees someone refers to a mod as a "game based on Cave Story", he gets the true message. I don't think anyone has referred to a mod as a "game" without something preceeding or succeeding the term that mentions it to be a modification or the context had made the true meaning clear anyway.

We could carry this on in PM, but a lotta members have their inputs on the subject, so my best suggestion to prevent further off-topic is to move this discussion to a new thread in the Cave Story main forums for this debate. :/

May 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Not PM coz I wanna stack up my posts
The other sugestion sounds kinda strange though

May 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Respwnt
freezit4 said:
Not PM coz I wanna stack up my posts
The other sugestion sounds kinda strange though
I know it'll be weird to start a thread but this thing just keeps cropping up, getting into ugly flames almost every time. Both parties have a lot to say, so instead of flodding mod threads, we could move discussion to somewhere it should be :p

May 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The Satellite Lounge where people won't get postcounts for flaming lol...

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:41 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So....why can't I download it? When I click on the link, it just says network error. Everything else works though.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:13 AM
Hoxtilicious
Yeah that thread is kinda outdated.
If you want to play it anyway search on my FTP.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Hoxtilicious
videogamer555 said:
Could someone with the file upload it to 2shared? I have no idea what an FTP is. Sorry, but I'm still getting the hang of this fourm.

Ever minded to look at all the forum stickies?
You have to read stickies.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Been here way too long...
ftp is file transfer protocol.
a place where you can store files, for those of you who are idiots.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM
"..."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
You have to read stickies.

Why do you want to force people to read "random ideas of doom" ?

Jan 26, 2009 at 1:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Geez, you guys really aren't very nice to newcomers...
We have feeling too, you know. :p

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:07 AM
we are nice to newcomers, just really annoyed at repeating the same things over and over, especially when you can find the information very easily. Also, we just suffered a generation of members containing people like Level Three Blade and Lizaroro, which makes us wanna kill somebody. If you don't want people to kill you, try lurking for a while.
=D

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Lace said:
we are nice to newcomers, just really annoyed at repeating the same things over and over, especially when you can find the information very easily. Also, we just suffered a generation of members containing people like Level Three Blade and Lizaroro, which makes us wanna kill somebody. If you don't want people to kill you, try lurking for a while.
=D

OffTopic: Oh trust me, when xMINISHx attacked the forum I came from, we gave his IP to 4Chan. He was that fucking horrible. Including other morons such as coolkidbloo, deighton, and eternalseph.

OnTopic: When I try loading the game, it gives me an error. ._.