Cave Story 2: Rise of the First Son, My Forum Book

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
royaltyler said:
:) :) :)

Thinking of that I may continue, I think I may continue. I may have just been down becuase I have not finished chapter 1, plus becuase I don't have a thought for the middle of the book, only the beginning and the end. Okay you guys, I will continue the story, thanks TB. You really helped.

And don't rush it. Make the next Chapter 2x better ('A frenzied Balrog?' That sounds freakin' awesome!).

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:02 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay you guys, I swear to get a lot done Tomorrow I promise. Truce?

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
DoubleThink said:
Unacceptable

Too late, I'm working on it today. Right now.

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:36 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Cave Story 2: Rise of the First Son, Spilling the beans

Ask me anything that you want about it, I'm not going to finish it so I will give all the information about it.

Jun 18, 2011 at 2:13 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Re: Cave Story 2: Rise of the First Son, Spilling the beans

Why havent you worked on it recently? Have you abandoned it?

Jun 18, 2011 at 2:31 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think you can use your existing thread rather than make a whole new one to give your exposé

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I suggest you write 1-2 sentences to it everyday. Remember some people have more than 1000 posts here. That`s a little book I guess. Every day they write a little in the forums. You should try the same. You`re not bored with writing just 1 sentence every day. Better than not writing anything.

lol am I teaching somebody how to be diligent? Ahahahaha...ahaha...good one :p

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
trickybilly said:
I suggest you write 1-2 sentences to it everyday. Remember some people have more than 1000 posts here. That`s a little book I guess. Every day they write a little in the forums. You should try the same. You`re not bored with writing just 1 sentence every day. Better than not writing anything.

lol am I teaching somebody how to be diligent? Ahahahaha...ahaha...good one :p

Okay then, I was thinking that I had to write like five thousand pages each day.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:37 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I am going to start updating this thing again now that I have time. I don't have as much work for school and I was lazy over the summer and lost my creativity and grammar / spelling processing. I have already made an outline of what happens in every chapter of the book. Would you guys like to see the outline or would you not like to be spoiled?

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:41 AM
inside is yello
"..."
I'd like to see the outline, mainly just out of curiosity.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:30 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay then, you were the one who wanted to be spoiled.

Chapter 1: Back to the Island - Quote, Curly, and Balrog go back to the island.
Chapter 2: A Frenzied Balrog - Balrog is possessed by Loha and The Team (That is what I am going to name the main characters traveling together) learn of him and his origins.
Chapter 3: Misery's Request - The Team go to the Egg Corridor, learn how the red crystal was shattered into 12 pieces, how the power of the red crystal was enhanced, and Misery requests to join them because of her learning of Loha. The Team agrees.
Chapter 4: It's A Trap! - The Team proceed to Grass Town and find a piece of the crystal, though it is a trap when all The Team other than Quote get hypnosed into thinking that he is there enemy. Quote escapes to find Jenka for a cure because he could never take killing them all.
Chapter 5: The Cure - Quote receives 3 jars of the cure, and revives Curly and Misery, but Balrog leaves to Loha.
Chapter 6: Misery to the Rescue! - Misery teleports to find Balrog, Quote and Curly explore the Sand Zone, Misery finds and rescues Balrog, and The Team regroups.
Chapter 7: The Last Red Flower - The Team fight a mutated red flower, Quote saves Misery from her mutated self with the final jar of the cure, and The Team receive 2 more red crystal fragments.
Chapter 8: The Doctor's Reincarnation - The Team travel to the Labyrinth, fight the doctors reincarnation, and receive another 2 red crystal fragment.
Chapter 9: The Great Labyrinth Fight - The Team fight Black Poo, The clinic ghost, and Double, the cat that controlled Monster X.
Chapter 10: R&R / A New Leaf (WT) - The Team go to the Labyrinth Pharmacy to recuperate, and Double joins The Team.
Chapter 11: Loha's Temporary Base - The Team travel to the Living Waterway, find Loha, fight him, he escapes with 3 red crystal fragments, and the waterway dries out.
Chapter 12: A Rabid Army / The Rise of Orangebell (WT) - The Team proceed to the Plantation, fight an army of frenzied mimiga, Orangebell, the large Plantation bat, mutated, and receive 3 red crystal fragments!
Chapter 13: The Cavern of Trials / Numahachi's Creation (WT) - The Team go threw a number of trials in the Final Cavern, and fight a large Loha Golem created by Numahachi, the statue carver.
Chapter 14: The Sealed Entrance to Hell - The Team arrive on the Balcony, and open the entrance to Hell / The Sacred Grounds.
Chapter 15: Eyes of Flame - The Team find Loha, who kills Professor Turpantime, the creator of Quote & Curly, They grow with anger from the soul (?) / and The Team fight Loha.
Chapter 16: Hate & Madness Given Flesh: Part 2 - The Team fight Loha in the Mimiga Village, multiple Mimiga are killed, Jenka helps, and Loha is defeated.
Epilogue - Curly discusses what has happened to multiple characters, themselves, and the island.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:45 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Honestly, if you go through with this, I will applaud. I really do like the plot.

Just two things I would recommend:

1. Get an editor. Your grammar/spelling is quite good; I only noticed a few minor errors in the first chapter. Nevertheless, an editor is never a bad thing.

2. Put it up on fanfiction.net. There aren't many up there, (sadly, the most updated one seems to be a trollfic trilogy) so, unless you specifically wanted it to be forum-only, why not.

Other than that, this could really be great!

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:50 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Shimmyzmizz said:
Honestly, if you go through with this, I will applaud. I really do like the plot.

Just two things I would recommend:

1. Get an editor. Your grammar/spelling is quite good; I only noticed a few minor errors in the first chapter. Nevertheless, an editor is never a bad thing.

2. Put it up on fanfiction.net. There aren't many up there, (sadly, the most updated one seems to be a trollfic trilogy) so, unless you specifically wanted it to be forum-only, why not.

Other than that, this could really be great!

Thank you! I thought the plot sucked after looking at it, but that is probably because I have Irritable Male Syndrome.

I am going to start writing at 10 everybody, and I will update when I update.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Been here way too long...
Please try not to double post.
Good luck with this.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Every time somebody double posts, I kill a puppy

I've got boxes of the things

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:37 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I will update later on tonight, and I will probably finish the chapter then. I would do it now but I have to do homework. I hate homework.

Nov 6, 2011 at 2:08 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I will be working on this for a lot of the time I am awake tomorrow.