Cave St0ry (cave story with portals!)

May 30, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Mari0 Mod.Ok This Is My First Attempt To Make A Mod. Its Supposed To Be Cave Story But With Portals! And I Would Like Some Help For The Big Mario (Quote) Images. But Anyways The Original Portal Packs Will Be Left But Mario May Be Removed.If Anyone Wants To Offer Help I Would Appreceate It! Im Also Working On Downloading The Music And Putting It Into The Game! So Look Forward To That! Plus A Custom Icon Too! Beta Versions Have Cheats But When I Need To Turn Cheats Off I Will.

Beta Downloads Will Come Once I Get The Sprites For Small Mario (quote) FIXED!
http://cavest0ryportal.webs.com/
Update Log:
0.4: Installed realistic dynmap shaders and cave story tileset. credit to owners.
0.3 : Fixed Charactar Setup Images And Used A New Portal 2 Tileset To Replace Portal Tileset.
0.2 : Fixed The Little Mario Sprites And Made Alot Of Changes To Other Sprites
0.1 : Made Quote And A Beta Tile Set

May 30, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Trolls Speak Like This You Know
Now I'm Going To Say This Without Reluctance
This Isn't Going To Happen. Ever.
Mario And Portals? Really?
And By The Looks Of It You Don't Even Know How To Resource Hack Let Alone Assembly.
You Should Work On At Least Some Sort Of Programming Knowledge First Also Spelling Spelling Is Good

May 30, 2013 at 5:54 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
MagicDoors said:
Trolls Speak Like This You Know
Now I'm Going To Say This Without Reluctance
This Isn't Going To Happen. Ever.
Mario And Portals? Really?
And By The Looks Of It You Don't Even Know How To Resource Hack Let Alone Assembly.
You Should Work On At Least Some Sort Of Programming Knowledge First Also Spelling Spelling Is Good
Stahp it GLaDOS ur hurtin my feelins

May 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
This is a mod of Mari0?
http://stabyourself.net/mari0/

Btw to embed a youtube video, you can just post a link to it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbhpYTtJh2s

I like the critter goombas lol ...

May 30, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
LunarSold said:
This Isn't Going To Happen. Ever. Mario And Portals? Really?
...uh

That's a thing you know. Mari0? Ever heard of it? You know, the freeware Mario game with portals?

Sheesh.

Also, you came off as needlessly abrasive here. For the most part, what QuoteHax is doing isn't necessarily wrong.

May 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Professional Whatever
Yes okay well I'm not omniscient I have never heard of that
Also so:
"hey guys new mod" "by new member" "bad grammar" "need help" "goin do hacks" "don't know how yet but doesn't matter"
heard of this before
Also those two points were kind of separate for one I was addressing the ambition of this mod (although I guess I should have said that more blatantly)

May 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

I swear Mari0 wasn't a mod and they actually had to recode the entirety of the original Mario and add in the new elements. Anyway, honestly this does sound quite far-fetched, if you don't know how to assembly hack then this mod is going nowhere and even if you did I don't know if this is even possible within the engine, however I know practically nothing about assembly hacking except for doing anything that would be quick to do in a high-level programming language becomes pretty complicated:

Example, writing "Hello World" in Assembly x86 (Top) and in C++(Bottom) (Code not mine it is from 'List of Hello World Programs')

.486p
.model flat,STDCALL
include win32.inc

extrn MessageBoxA:pROC
extrn ExitProcess:pROC

.data

HelloWorld db "Hello, world!",0
msgTitle db "Hello world program",0

.code
Start:
push MB_ICONQUESTION + MB_APPLMODAL + MB_OK
push offset msgTitle
push offset HelloWorld
push 0
call MessageBoxA

push 0
call ExitProcess
ends
end Start
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
printf("Hello, world!\n");
return 0;
}

However, if you know how to assembly hack or you are going to learn, then good luck, but do remember that just learning assembly well enough to where you could pull something like this off would take probably a few years (maybe) and again I don't even know if it is possible in CS's engine. Also, if you are talking about just retexturing/modding the game Mari0 then I have no idea how that would go, but if that is what you are talking about then good luck on that and from your video it seems you know what you are doing for that game so I look forward to it and if that is what you are doing disregard everything else I have said in this post except for the greeting.

Anyway, welcome to the forums :mahin:, I hope this hasn't dampened your mood :droll:

May 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Make this a mod of the original Cave Story and ask the maker of WTF Story for help. He made a hack for that mod which adds portals, there very effective.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:13 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Interesting but odd idea.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:15 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Maybe shoulda posted in the mods showcase, but a good idea.

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Based Member
thenachocheeser said:
Maybe shoulda posted in the mods showcase, but a good idea.
Actually, it would have been fitting if this were posted in the more generic showcase forum intended for games other than Cave Story, seeing as how this is a mod of a game other than Cave Story. Forgive me if this is actually what you meant.

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Thank you for the correction. I mean that genuinely, not sarcastically, as it is impossible to tell through typing. I feel like a spammer today.