Cave Johnson Story

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:22 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This is my thread on the development of Cave Johnson Story

In the gameinformer I recently got, there was a parody called "gameinfarcer" in it it had parodys on reviews and previews and so on. One of these was Cave Johnson Story, a crossover of portal and cave story where you played as cave johnson with the combustible lemon launcher. I looked and found absolutely no one who was talking about it or doing anything, So I am deciding to take on this project. Now onto where you can help.

I need ideas and maybe occasional help.

Post a reply for any ideas or thoughts you may have.

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You mean we are now blessed with the opportunity, no the privilege, of helping you, the greatest modder yet, of creating a masterpiece of tired jokes and strained Portal references? Just the thought of spriting a lemon for you makes my dick rock hard with anticipation. I may never be able to express the gratitude I feel towards you for allowing me, and all of us forum members, to do something with all this time and patience we have. In fact, I was just sitting around, not making a mod, thinking of how wonderful it would be if I could work on someone else's mod! And now my prayers have been answered!

tl;dr no

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yeah well I'm totally new here and nobody knows me, I want to make a game. Give me ideas so that I can start asking you to make the game in my place and get no credit.

Of course the words "please", "thank you", "hello", "goodbye" are implicit and I don't need to write them since everybody says them anyways.

Oh I'll give you a clue: it'll be a crossover between <popular game 1 / cave story> and <popular game 2>

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Been here way too long...
Well to be fair, people usually get credit, because having long credits means your mod is SUPALEGIT

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
geez you guys attack quickly, I was asking for suggestions for gods sake. Im Not asking for you to like bow down or wherever the freak you took that. I would be HAPPY for SUGGESTIONS. With 100% less GODDAMN annoyance please. OH AND YES I WOULD LIKE IDEAS IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? BECAUSE THIS IS THE IDEAS AND DEVELOPMENT SECTION, NOT THE SWARM AND ANNOY A NEW MEMBER SECTION!!! I just thought it sounded cool... sorry for broadcasting my ideas

*actually gameinformers ideas. sorry

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I think it would only be right that it have lots of wide open areas and puzzles, but adding anything like the physics gels would require serious ASM work. A Missile Launcher edit should be fairly easy though :o

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yeah don't mind Fab and Hiino. They have mama issues. This is not the most active forum around, and anyone who is here doesn't have either the time, patience, skill, or finesse to help you. If you have not modded before, and I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't, these videos would be as good of a place you can get to start.

Good luck on your mod, but don't feel upset if you leave empty-handed. As explained in those videos Noxid made, modding takes lots of time and a ton of effort if you want to create something presentable.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
OH AND YES I WOULD LIKE IDEAS IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? BECAUSE THIS IS THE IDEAS AND DEVELOPMENT SECTION, NOT THE SWARM AND ANNOY A NEW MEMBER SECTION!!!
Yeah guys shame on you guys we do that on all of the bad threads that come up on these forums.

@CaveStory What's funny is that the first part of the video explains why someone should not come onto the forums with the "best idea evar" and request loads of help xD
But on the other hand he wan't asking for a super-sized moad with the best everything so I don't have much to say about this topic.

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM
yah... the funny thing is Im already in the middle of another mod, so I dont even know why I would try this just yet. I'll probably come back to it in a while after some more experience

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Apr 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM
you're making another mod? please post it.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Band
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I do hope you all forgive me for the bump,
But,I think if you find someone with enough skill to make all of the graphical things. All you need to do is think of a way to change the storyline of how aperture was made with cave as the main character. I think you could make a nice mod out of it.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Agreed, Oh, nice sig!

[quote name '404notfound's sig']Oh hello...
It you...
It's been a long time...
I was a total retard back then...
And alot of you dislike me...
But i think we can put our differences behind us..
For modding...[/quote]

Aug 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
geez you guys attack quickly, I was asking for suggestions for gods sake. Im Not asking for you to like bow down or wherever the freak you took that. I would be HAPPY for SUGGESTIONS. With 100% less GODDAMN annoyance please. OH AND YES I WOULD LIKE IDEAS IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? BECAUSE THIS IS THE IDEAS AND DEVELOPMENT SECTION, NOT THE SWARM AND ANNOY A NEW MEMBER SECTION!!! I just thought it sounded cool... sorry for broadcasting my ideas

*actually gameinformers ideas. sorry
It's alright. My initial reception wasn't the warmest either. I'd be glad to help, because I have a few good ideas, but I too need a bit of help. Maybe we could work together.