Can anybody translate the directions for the Balrog Paperfold thing?

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
You know, the one that comes in the deluxe package? I really would like to make it but I don't know Japanese and the pictures are doing nothing for me. Anyone care to translate? All its doing is taking up space on my desk.

Thanks in advance.

*Wonders how long it will take for somebody to reply. These forums seem sort of slow.* ;)

Jun 26, 2007 at 1:17 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's not really slow, it's just that normally here request's being ignored for some reason :x

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:02 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Okay. Its still gonna take forever right? I just don't believe the fact that there isn't at least somebody who speaks/reads enough Japanese to translate it. Ah well.

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I can't read japanese. Sorry for the inconvenience -_-

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:16 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
whats so hard about cutting out a paper craft? ;)

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:39 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
xristosx said:
whats so hard about cutting out a paper craft? :rolleyes:
It's not the cutting or folding, its the appendages. The pictures make no sense!

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:49 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Is it this one? Because the instructions have explanatory pictures...

Regardless, if you're still lost, here's what you do(Not translated, but guessed):

-Cut out the parts for the hands completely, including the black parts.

-Bend the black parts 90 degrees so that, on the colored side, there is a corner and the whole thing takes on a sort of L shape. Do this for all four hands.

-Pair up the hands. How they work is that you take two that match and glue them together. They are glued on the un-colored parts and connected back to back on the purple parts, as shown in the instruction pictures in the link above. Each of the hands is by a number 2 or 3 on the sheet - match one of the 2s with one of the 3s to make a complete hand.

-Once you've done this you should have two pieces that, from the side, would amount to a T, with the flat part at the top being very short as it is made up of the black parts that we bent earlier. Then we take each hand, and glue them to the black areas on the side of Balrog, with the curved parts facing up. The black parts should reasonably match up.

-For the legs, fold those two white parts on either side twice - first fold once 90 degrees where they meet the colored foot part so they are sticking UP, away from the foot.

-Then, fold again at the line in the middle of them so they turn back in, forming a kind of overhang tab thing.

-Then, simply add glue to the top of both of these little tabs and stick them to the bottom of Balrog wherever you want his feet positioned, most likely facing forward. Be careful not to place them too awkwardly, as this is what Balrog is going to be standing on. :rolleyes:

I can provide more helpful diagrams if that doesn't help.

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thanks Osmose! He's perfect! Huzzah!