Bug Listing for Cave Story on WiiWare

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Vercci said:
Well I hope they realise how to use it, lots of new people to the game and then their stars disappear, might explain why.

Well, I just found out that no one else is having a problem with the Whimsical Star, and that the guy that complained just didn't know how to use it after all. It was on a GameFAQs topic, that's also where I got a lot of these that I hadn't experienced myself; it's here, if anyone's curious.

I also feel like I have to admit, like I lied or something, that I've never actually used the Whimsical Star, though I've read how exactly it works. I didn't even realize it existed back when I thought I did everything in Cave Story in 2007, and I've been trying not to replay it for the last couple years waiting for the Wii version, the fool I am~

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Veteran Member
DoubleThink said:
Oops I merged them the wrong way, still getting used to the merge function, my bad :( I'll do it again properly if it's a problem.
It's a problem to me, DoubleThink, please try again. You had merged my starter post within this "Wiiware little's house glitch" thread and renamed it with my "Bug Listing for Cave Story on WiiWare" title. I was the one who started this thread.

I got more bugs to list so I will edit my post.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:31 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I tried to email nicalis about the glitches (support@nicalis.com), but my email gave me an error saying it was an invalid address. I checked on the oparations guide on cavestory for wii, and that was the address ugh!

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:33 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
I tried to email nicalis about the glitches (support@nicalis.com), but my email gave me an error saying it was an invalid address. I checked on the oparations guide on cavestory for wii, and that was the address ugh!

Good luck emailing Nicalis. I'm pretty sure you need an issue of national security to get through.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:55 AM
Or a good game they can remake and get all the credit for.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:08 AM
cultr1 said:
Or a good game they can remake and get all the credit for.

by "remake" don't you mean "sit around for two years then release the game completely unchanged except for a few minor additions on a different console"?

Sorry, was begging to be said~

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:24 AM
was thinking the same thing, but, not wishing to *incur the wrath of a certain user*
(COUGH MS COUGH)
I am currently keeping my strong words to myself.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:52 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ragnaroq said:
by "remake" don't you mean "sit around for two years then release the game completely unchanged except for a few minor additions on a different console"?

Sorry, was begging to be said~
Do you have any idéa how much work goes into porting a game to a different console? Let alone getting the resources to do so in the first place (Nintendo are pretty picky with whom they sell their development kits to.)? Especially with such a minimal development team. Not to mention that re-pixling the whole thing is major work. (Though that's probably the easiest part.)

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
cultr1 said:
(COUGH MS COUGH)
She's not an admin what

EDIT:
Fluff8836 said:
It's a problem to me, DoubleThink, please try again. You had merged my starter post within this "Wiiware little's house glitch" thread and renamed it with my "Bug Listing for Cave Story on WiiWare" title. I was the one who started this thread.

I got more bugs to list so I will edit my post.
I'm sorry I can't, I've found it automatically merges threads in chronological order. My intention was to attach this thread onto yours, because it was a relevant glitch and so there wouldn't be two glitch threads. It's stuck this way unless you want me to actually separate them again, my bad D:

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM
...*facepalm*...

Anyway yeah we can't contact them at their own address, the link GIRakaCHEEZER posted (somewhere in the forums, I'm too lazy to link it) only mentioned a few glithes we've been experiencing, and focused mostly on the music, so we kind of need to contact them soon. Then again given the time it took to port cavestory and the small amount of features, I'd say we can expect the patch by 2011 a least.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Try info@nicalis.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Veteran Member
*Removed, deleted and replaced with original only - possible legal issues can arise*

Make sure Nicalis sees this image as I am overly concerned about the map system flashing marker. This is the last time I post until I see a patch.

Recap.

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
p97907-0-ccnp6.png

Nicalis, I am disappoint.

May 7, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have a problem with the colors on the WiiWare version.
In the PC version of Cave Story, Quote is red. He is also red in Curly's Story. But in his own story, he's sort of yellow/orange. I tried changing the graphics from old to original, but it didn't help.
How come he's red in Curly's Story, but yellow/orange in his own story?

May 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oni said:
I have a problem with the colors on the WiiWare version.
In the PC version of Cave Story, Quote is red. He is also red in Curly's Story. But in his own story, he's sort of yellow/orange. I tried changing the graphics from old to original, but it didn't help.
How come he's red in Curly's Story, but yellow/orange in his own story?

I think you're playing on "easy mode". On normal his colors are normal (and on hard, well he just looks weird IMO).

May 7, 2010 at 2:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I think you're playing on "easy mode". On normal his colors are normal (and on hard, well he just looks weird IMO).
Why would Nicalis do that?

May 7, 2010 at 2:16 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
May 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yea, Nicalis has some great and original things in the Wii, the only problem is:

A) The great stuff is not original
B) The original stuff is not great

May 11, 2010 at 11:52 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I think the problem with Nicalis has to do with the fact that communication between their players and themselves doesn't work properly. They don't release information in the tempo we wish, we get angry since they are so slow and spend a lot of time complaining, they feel we're just a bunch of spoiled brats that complains all the time, so they don't release information very often, we get angry since /... /

You got it. Rinse n' repeat.