Booster's Lab - It's Pretty Good Now

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
pen your mod and hit File>Save-all.
This will set the exe to use .bmp files. It's a common issue. I should probably open a github ticket for prompting a save when it does that conversion.
Sorry for not deleting my post but I already fixed it, boosters lab came packed with cs deluxe and I opened my cave story with boosters lab while still in program files.
Dumb dumber fixed it now, have high hopes for my mod!

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:48 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
boosters lab came packed with cs deluxe and I opened my cave story with boosters lab while still in program files.
You should probably get the standalone version of BL, the version packed in CS Deluxe is rather dated...

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:56 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You should probably get the standalone version of BL, the version packed in CS Deluxe is rather dated...
Might as well say that CS Deluxe itself is outdated honestly.

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:03 PM
War criminal
Might as well say that CS Deluxe itself is outdated honestly.
Looking at it again... Oof, yeah. I'm sure there'd be objections to Org Maker v134 and possibly CE in there

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:02 PM
War criminal
Bump, but I have just a small suggestion for the next release of Booster's Lab, mainly because we're getting more and more new users saying they don't know how to use Booster's Lab, even when it's their first editor.

Can we just include the shortcuts and hidden controls guide in the help files, or at least put in a Readme.txt file? Especially since the only place to find them is in this thread, and new users don't know how to "lurk more". Also, can we switch the i key with Insert, for Cave Editor users' sakes?

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:42 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I did all that. thank you for the alerts

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:11 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:37 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I'm going to throw my own suggestions out here since everyone else is

CTRL + R = run game
CTRL + L = load last

And for the love of all that is holy, please move the tile mode hotkey from ALT to Shift, and move the Copy Key from C to S, so that you can comfortably rest your hand on S, D and F with your Pinky on shift instead of trying to mangle it onto ALT while trying to reach for E, R D, F, and C. It's very painful and not easy to do. Also moving the Place entity Key from I to W would be great since it's right where you hand would be resting anyway. Also making Insert work for as well since CE did it that way would be cool maybe.

Also making the Tab key cycle between Tile, Entity, Script and Mapdata Mode would be great so that you don't ever have to move the mouse to the upper right corner to click on options. This should make it so that you can just move the mouse where you want to place things instead of the constant back and forth to the top left of the screen. You already have to do it enough when you're grabbing tiles from the tileset.

A final option that would be nice is the ability to hold shift and type an entity ID into the numberpad to instantly make that the selected Entity ID, would be very ergonomic (if you use your right hand to type in the number on the numpad)

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:27 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
move the Copy Key from C to S
ah yes, and mess up like 20 years of muscle memory

i'd say i'll do it, but i've abandoned messing with booster's lab, thing's messy enough as-is

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:35 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
hummm
I really havent had much time to spend on the editor lately, im not sure if its something I can continue right now.
someone should probably fork the project if they want to extend it

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:27 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
This is the part where I wish I knew Java, but I'm not even passable at C so I can't really do anything with this, at least not anytime soon. (also I'm still working on tidewalkers, [and I promise it's not dead I'm just uhh... running into some complications) and doing other things so getting this onto my list so learning Java is pretty far down right now.)

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:06 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
a C version of BL would be pretty sick, but it'd be quite a big undertaking, you might as well just merge it with the "work in progress" version of Sue's Workshop.

If there's anything I'd want to change it would literally just be disabling the textures that are slapped everywhere, or atleast an option to disable it via the settings or some config file.
Oh and also can we have it so I can scroll around by using the middle click and dragging it around like how I can in Game Maker Studio 2.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
aw cmon the textures are part of the charm its "whimsical"

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:26 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You can technically disable them by replacing them with a transparent image in the files but that makes it run like shit for some reason

Dixon pleas fix your game

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:48 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well yeah the drawing is done in software by java and having transparency is insanely expensive compared to opaque images.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:51 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Transparent BL when

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
please. BL 2 is gonna be a web app

Feb 9, 2019 at 11:37 PM
War criminal