Bloodstained sanctuary falling stones (CS+)

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:18 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When I touch the stone that is already fallen on the floor from the side or jump on it it still kills me instantly.
I don't know where to report this bug so I write it here.

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
It's actually meant to do that, But I'm Not Sure About Them "Killing Instantly" Unless If You Have 10 HP or less.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:43 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dec 5, 2020 at 5:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it's supposed to do that lol.

I don't really think Nicalis is going to "patch" it anytime soon.

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it's supposed to do that lol.
But that's illogical, how an object that supposed to crush on you from above should do any harm by the sides that have no perpendicular energy from those sides, let alone when it is already fallen.
I'm writing this because in hardmode it's entirely random wether I'm able to go forward or not, the falling speed is too high compared to Quotes movement speed and booster is not an option.
When I was fighting Mapignon it was also entirely rng dependent battle because the rocks fall too fast.
I'm starting to think the whole Cave Story isn't suited for the hard mode and it was shoved there for the sake of shoving.

There's no bug reporting link for either the Steam version or the Epic version?
afaik no

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:18 PM
War criminal
But that's illogical, how an object that supposed to crush on you from above should do any harm by the sides that have no perpendicular energy from those sides, let alone when it is already fallen.
Man, I just hate it when Quote explodes from touching spikes when he inches toward them from the side with his baby toe.
I'm writing this because in hardmode it's entirely random wether I'm able to go forward or not
It's random, no matter what. Pixel didn't have fairness in mind with the falling block generator.

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:53 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Dec 5, 2020 at 7:57 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hell B2 is the worst designed section in the entire game, not only is it a speedrun killer but it's also the single reason I couldn't beat CS 100% early on.

Dec 5, 2020 at 8:04 PM
Hell B2 is the worst designed section in the entire game, not only is it a speedrun killer but it's also the single reason I couldn't beat CS 100% early on.
Yeah, I Always Finish B2 In At least 1 Minute And I Still Have No Idea How To Dodge Falling Rocks With Using The Booster At The Same Time. Also, The Text Boxes That Appear Every Time You Progress Through B2 Are Extremely Annoying, And Might Slow You Down While Avoiding The Falling Rocks.

Dec 5, 2020 at 8:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The second time you go to egg corridor there are spikes that fall down from ceiling and they get stuck on floor. You can jump and stand on that spike so according to game logic I should be able to stand on that rock as well after it touches the floor.

Dec 5, 2020 at 8:20 PM
The second time you go to egg corridor there are spikes that fall down from ceiling and they get stuck on floor. You can jump and stand on that spike so according to game logic I should be able to stand on that rock as well after it touches the floor.
That's Because It's Stuck, Meaning It Can't Give You Any Damage, The B2 Rocks On The Other Hand, continues To Fall Out Of The Map.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:34 PM
"Huzzah!"
yeah i'm pretty sure it's not a bug - no, it doesn't make sense logically, but neither does a floating island. B2 just contains all of pixel's pent-up rage at the unfairness of life, apparently.
i think there is a point on the blocks where you can pass through without any damage, though - top half? maybe? it's used in speedruns.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Blood Stained was a fairly late addition to the game, so it having less polish than other areas in the game should be expected.

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:06 PM
Based Member
Yeah, sorry to have to break it to you, but that's not a bug, that's a feature. And it's been like that since the original Cave Story. Colliding with the smaller falling blocks from any angle will damage you, although you can actually pass freely through the top half of the bigger blocks, as Eli pointed out. But if you collide with the lower half of the bigger falling blocks, then it will still damage you no matter the angle at which you collide with it.

Also yeah, B2 was very frustrating for me as well when I was speed running the sacred grounds.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 10:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
it's been like that since the original Cave Story
Just because remake has the same thing doesn't mean it's a feature. There are also remakes and remasters that have same bugs as the original games.

there is a point on the blocks where you can pass through without any damage, though - top half? maybe? it's used in speedruns.
That just further proves that B2 section is incomplete but went into production.

Dec 6, 2020 at 3:41 PM
Based Member
There's a difference between a bug and a bad design choice. Just because something is designed in a way that's annoying or counter-intuitive doesn't mean that it's incomplete or not what the creator intended.

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:15 PM
War criminal
Just because remake has the same thing doesn't mean it's a feature. There are also remakes and remasters that have same bugs as the original games.
Actually um, none of the Nicalis ports are remakes. Not even CS3D. They're all based on the same engine Pixel made 16 years ago. They all work functionally the same, and they all share the same quirks and bugs (232 HP cap, half slope clipping, inventory overflow).

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:54 PM
Just Because You Can Clip Through The B2 Stones Doesn't Make it a Bug, it Was Made That Way, And It'll Stay Like That.

Also, I Feel Like B2 in CS+ Is MUCH More Easier Than B2 in Doukutsu.