Ballos' Lab

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:48 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Munich, though I intend to wander around quite a bit. Might take a trip up north to Nurembourg. I have no particular destination in mind, I just wanted to see Germany. (Well, that and the Oktoberfest. Getting a little off-topic though...)

Jul 21, 2008 at 11:20 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
hmm...* :p * a Genie!! i wish ballos lab would be released... :p :D

Jul 27, 2008 at 9:00 AM
The Bartender
Ok, I haven't worked on this in a little while, and I figured I'd post an update on what's what.

First of all, you may want to have a look at this little toy: click me!

Injector isn't just for assembly, but for absolutely anything. The way the project is going, if it's binary and can be described somehow, Injector can edit and re-inject the data into an executable. This includes NPC data, scripts, and even specialized decompilers to view weapon/NPC/etc code in plain english! You can probably see where I'm going with this...

So. Cons: it will be a long while before there are purdy fancy buttons to click. It'll be very text-mode for a while. Pros: not only can new editors be added in very little time, anyone can have a look at what's going on and change the editors around to suit their needs. Also, it beats having the project on standby. :( And, I expect a usable version of Injector will be out in a week or so, which also means some editable stuff for CS. :)

Jul 27, 2008 at 9:12 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Awesomeness strikes again, thanks to Runelancer.
Anyway I'm really waiting for the parser, since I have some codes who want to be in the executable :(

Jul 27, 2008 at 9:17 AM
The Bartender
If it's any encouraging, I somehow managed to write up the entire custom script tokenizer class for this in roughly 15 minutes without running into a single bug. I'm on a roll.

During the week I'll implant a simple parser mode to represent structured data (ex, NPC data) This'll give me a chance to get a feel for how to implant parsers and I'll be able to move onto assembly and scripts. Meanwhile, the CS hacking community'll be able to write editors for just about anything they want...

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:46 AM
Hoxtilicious
*waits for a release* D:

RuneLancer said:
Meanwhile, the CS hacking community'll be able to write editors for just about anything they want...

But Runelancer!
THIS IS MADNESS!

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:09 AM
The Bartender
Madness?

THIS! IS! ASSEMBLY! O_O

Aug 13, 2008 at 9:36 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
At the risk of being sniped, has work on the project stalled, or have you been secretly creating an insane mix of assembly and insanity..........secretly? *hides*

Aug 16, 2008 at 8:19 AM
Hoxtilicious
It died, like all editors did.
There never will be a finished editor -_-"
Sadly.