"Master using it, and you can have this!"
version .1902

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnf807hyynnlqa0

version .1901

http://www.mediafire.com/?m9a5al6kg5zmz8y

version .19

http://www.mediafire.com/?5s2nemkp8f5ccxs

version .1001

http://www.mediafire.com/?fb0palkh6x3wnar"]http://www.mediafire.com/?fb0palkh6x3wnar[/URL]

version .1

http://www.mediafire.com/?4j1g01jfej6ux7g"]http://www.mediafire...4j1g01jfej6ux7g[/URL]
this is my new mod which, hopefuly, wont be as bad as my other one. its just afew maps so far but i plan to update it until it is complete. please tell me about any bugs as well as my inability to make vidiogames.

thank you for wasting your time playing my bad game.

nemesis 4000

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Some hints:
-Fix the facepics.
-Fix the spelling errors
-The spike jumping part is kind of lame.
-How the hell are you supposed to kill the Core with your fists? I managed to do it, but only because I'm Chuck Norris.

Short and simple. I liked the animations/cutscenes. Lots of room to improve.

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:03 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I actually thought the core fight was really fun, but other than that, yeah, everything carrotlord said.

Jul 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM
should i improve the room with the spikes by puting more enemys and not haveing as many spikes or is this a bad idea?

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
should i improve the room with the spikes by puting more enemys and not haveing as many spikes or is this a bad idea?

Enemies would be good.

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:23 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."

I dunno. What's the point of the mod? Is it a heavy combat thing? Then yes? Is it about puzzles? Then maybe, if done right. Is it about resource managment? Then less enemies.

The spikey room is just odd as is.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:10 AM
I don't belive that anyone has noticed but i have made a updated version which will hopefully be better. i am deturmined to make games and plan to work on this untill it is good,so i would apreciate advice.

thanks,
nemesis 4000

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Congratulations! Much better mod, though I dont quite get whats going on sometimes, you might want to emphasize on the story a bit more.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM
I plan for the plot to be confuseing at first before it is revealed little by little and gets more complex as the character witnesses the world around her and learns more about unfolding events in the word. In short, I plan for the plot to be emphasized more than would be assumed thusfar.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Good mod, It took me a while to get that first jump to the weapon.

Because I suck at Cave story.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Greatings, to those who wish to wast time on my bad mod.
Alas, a new update is prepared for the aformetioned bad mod. I hope you derive enjoyment from my bad mod, despite that I feel the story and level desighn and most of all the graphics, need improvement. Mayhaps one who is beter in such fields than I can give me advise on such subjects. May the makeing me look like an inbisil for puting 1.9 in the name of the file insted of 0.19 as well as for my lack of ability comence!
Thank you,

Nemesis 4000

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Alright. I guess I'll review this thing. I know you called it a bad mod, but....I didn't know it was this bad.
Story ??/10
Alright, so I'm not really sure what the heck is going on. Then again, apparantly the (unnamed?) main character has Amnesia. All right. Okay. Cutscenes seem to not make a lot of sense or just drag out too long. Who were those 2 (or 3?) (wo)men? We only saw them in one cutscene, and one of them I guess is evil, considering (s)he wears black, uses !!!!, and for some reason, summons lightning bolts to destroy a computer.

Then there is something about La Resistance? A guy who wears green and pink, a good guy who most likely betrays you considering he hides in the shadows, wearing black garb, and has glowing red eyes.

Graphics 1/10
There is so, so many graphical problems, both obvious and personal, in this game. The Gaudis are transparent, as in, their colors are the background, their front eyes keep moving back and forth, and when they die, I can see the mercenary/robot sprites flicker in and out. Fix the transparency problem by making black just 1 shade of blue or green, and that will be fixed.

The main character is okay I guess. The shades irk me somewhat. Everyone else besides the mercenaries/robots looks like a mish/mash of colors. Purple, Pinks, blues, and greens. Some sprites like the mercenary leader just look like they belong in the uncanny valley.

And the mug shots. My god, the mug shots. Straight up in the Uncanny Valley and just plain ugly. I suggest just modifying Pixel's existing facepics before making your own.

Writing 1/10
Proper Grammar. Use it. Please. I just cannot believe how many problems with the writing is in this.

Also why does everyone need to pause for a few seconds before talking a few more sentences? Just put <NOD in-between sentences.

Design 1/10
There are several problems with how you designed things. Small, petty things like how flat everything feels.

The big problems have to do with three things; Spikes, enemy placement (or too many enemies), and some of the jumps.

There are a LOT of spikes everywhere. This is a problem, since they are all instant-kill. This goes in hand with the jumps and the awkward enemy placement. Let me tell you, the jumps you have to make with flight. The first big one has little time to react, as there is only one safe spot, surrounded by spikes and next to a Gaudi waiting to one-hit kill you with its projectile.

Also, why would you make some platforms destructible? Why? Why not make them regular blocks that are hung by chains or something with more thought put into it? What if someone shoots down the block with the Colt?

The Core boss.....you can just walk right past it like Death from Castlevania II. If you move all the way to the right, you can just say "F**k you" to it and move on.

This jump. THIS JUMP. Alright, to be honest, maybe skipping the Core boss is both a good and bad thing, because I am not sure if the reward you get from it is more-or-less required to make this jump. You know that area right before the two doors? That place is littered with dozens of Gaudis. They're not the problem. The problem is trying to make a jump with flight that is almost impossible to make. I had to do this like, 15 times, from the very highest point to make it.

Just a nitpick, but the room where you rescue someone reminds me of Wheatley's "Puzzle" in Portal 2. A bland room with words written out in blocks. In this case, "YOU WHORE". That is seriously stupid. It's like one of those developer rooms where they test out stuff and sometimes put blocks that spell "TEST".

USE THIS PLEASE.
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/34936/

Also La Resistance's HQ? That is bad too. Flat, uninteresting, still filled with spikes for some reason, and why is the path to a door blocked with unavoidable Spikes that are only accessible by taking the hit? That last one is seriously bad. The only way to progress is taking unnecessary damage and lose EXP? Seriously?

Yeah, that's all I have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1. You actualy do not need to take damage from the spike thats in the way of the door; mayhaps I should cover it with a tile so people do not make that mistake anymore.
2. I was actualy not trying to write "you whore" so i should probably look into my ability to write words with tiles a bit more. or just stop doing this activity.
3. I belived that I had fixed the problem with the core however I may not have done so properly.
4. I will get rid of necesary platforms that can be destroyed. I will make the jump wich you do not like easyer.
5. I'm doing the best i can with the graphics but I have problems with such small sprites.
6. I plan for the story to start makeing more sence soon.

Thanks alot for your advice.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Just played the mod here are my thoughts.

1.) When you start the UI blocks some of the area above the player and because of that it took me a while before I realised I could go up.
2.) The jump to get to the Colt is quite annoying because of the block above where you jump from.
3.) The grammar, spelling and punctuation is appalling!
4.) The maps seem quite random, one second you go through a door and then the next I was in a hell place with no door to be seen. This makes
it quite confusing and hard to follow.
5.) In the second zone, the hell one, the camera moves extremely slowly and I managed to out run the camera. This meant that I had to keep
continuously stopping to wait for the camera, it got quite tedious.
6.) I walked to the right in the hell zone and I came to a dead end, I found no other way to go so I jumped down the pit. I went off screen due to the camera
being slow and died. This was frustrating because I had no idea whether there was a platform I was supposed to land on or if it was just a spike pit.
7.) After a sentence is read in text there is a pause before it allows me to press z/x to move on with the dialogue, this is not a big deal but does get quite
annoying.
8.) The face visuals are quite bad.
9.) The map design is weird and uninspired. The maps are random and have no form, there are just tiles and that is it, there is no underlying structure, when
I walk into a room I just see tiles put down carelessly, I want to walk into a room and be able to say 'Oh, this is a house' or 'This is a throne room' etc.
10.) I stopped playing after I fell down the pit a few times because I have no idea where to go. Can anyone tell me so I can carry on?

I think this mod has potential it just has quite a lot of problems, but they can all be fixed quite easily. I think if you fix up these things then you could have quite a good mod.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
That sounds suspiciously like you are playing version 0.1 (wich is old) though I could be wrong. you might want to try another link (the top one is the most recent).

thank you with your paciance with my extreemly bad game

I have now fixed some of the problems

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Okay played the most recent version here is my new review.

Stuff that still needs to be fixed:

1.) When you start the UI blocks some of the area above the player and because of that it took me a while before I realised I could go up.
2.) The jump to get to the Colt is quite annoying because of the block above where you jump from.
3.) The grammar, spelling and punctuation is appalling!
4.) The maps seem quite random, one second you go through a door and then the next I was in a hell place with no door to be seen. This makes
it quite confusing and hard to follow.
5.) After a sentence is read in text there is a pause before it allows me to press z/x to move on with the dialogue, this is not a big deal but does get quite
annoying.
6.) The face visuals are quite bad.
7.) The map design is weird and uninspired. The maps are random and have no form, there are just tiles and that is it, there is no underlying structure, when
I walk into a room I just see tiles put down carelessly, I want to walk into a room and be able to say 'Oh, this is a house' or 'This is a throne room' etc.

New problems:

1.) I don't know whether intentional or not but it plays the game over music when you collect the Colt. Even if this is intentional I recommend changing it because
it is the game over music for a reason, it is supposed to sound like you failed and should be ashamed not happy because you just got a new gun. It's like me
playing really sad credits music in the happiest ending ever.
2.) The Gaudis are transparent on the dark places. Also , their death animation is messed up.
3.) The story makes no sense and is still highly confusing. Reading the dialogue makes no sense, one second the player tells her friend to pick up some books and
then tells her that 'the knowledge of gods be with her'??? What does that mean!
4.) Everything is a 1 shot kill. I can understand the spikes being a 1 shot kill but the enemies I can't. It is the start of the game enemies should be dealing 1HP of DMG
not instant kills, even at the end of the original Cave Story no enemies could 1 shot you. It is unfair and made the section getting the flight unbearable.
5.) The sprite for the chest is already open. Instead of being closed and then open once you've interacted with it.
6.) When you open the chest time does not freeze and the enemies can still shoot at you. This was annoying because I got to the chest, opened it, left the message box
just as a Gaudi fired its shot and I died instantly.
7.) I gave up in that corridor section where you get the flight. If people ever tell you they gave up on a section then you should probably change it because people will
usually give up when dying repeatedly and feeling that it's not their fault for dying. That's why when people play super hard but fair games they don;t give up because
death is their fault not the game's.

I hope this helps.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I have taken much of what PixelVortx has said into acount and have made a version wich I belive to be superior to previous versions.