Artwork and Stuff

May 19, 2015 at 3:43 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Alright. I finally got to take home all of my Advanced Art projects today, so incoming art dump...
First off, we have a better version of my Sylveon painting. (better in that this time the photo was taken at a better angle with an actual camera)
p103640-0-ax1d6yc.jpg

Next up is my chalk pastel project. Ever since I finished this one, I've had conflicting thoughts about how the ripples look.
p103640-1-jrlbie4.jpg

And now onto the ones that I could actually scan, the first being my reduction project. Paths said that the muzzle was a little lacking, which makes sense now that I look at it. Angles are hard.
p103640-2-rfp0vae.jpg

Finally, here's my pointillism project. This one kept getting split into three separate images while being scanned, but I finally got it to not auto-crop.
p103640-3-55q7a8r.jpg

Any thoughts?

May 24, 2015 at 6:21 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Your Sylveon painting is pretty cute! Besides the lack of a muzzle, your reduction project looks very neat, and I really like your pointillism project (the shading is nice). These are good overall, in my opinion :3

May 25, 2015 at 2:32 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
Polaris said:
Your Sylveon painting is pretty cute! Besides the lack of a muzzle, your reduction project looks very neat, and I really like your pointillism project (the shading is nice). These are good overall, in my opinion :3
Thanks for the feedback!

Odds are I'll finish my latest (and last) Advanced Art project sometime this week, so... yeah. Most likely going to post it once I can take a picture of it (it's way too large to be scanned).

May 26, 2015 at 6:22 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Yeah Seasons, the muzzle is definitely nonexistent but the rest of the Umbreon looks really nice.

May 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
SeasonsOfDestiny said:
Odds are I'll finish my latest (and last) Advanced Art project sometime this week, so... yeah. Most likely going to post it once I can take a picture of it (it's way too large to be scanned).
True to my word, I managed to finish it yesterday after school, and today I took a few pictures of it.
p103644-0-mxndvnu.jpg
When I was mixing the paint for the Eevee, it looked like the perfect shade of brown, yet it dried slightly darker than I had expected it to. It still looked fairly close to what it was supposed to be, though, so I left it as is.
Oh, and the white spots were caused by the rough, pore-covered surface of the ceiling tile. I could have gone back and manually filled in each one, but I just didn't have the time to do that.

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Are Umbreon and Espeon your favorites of the eeveelutions? I've always been quite partial towards them, myself. :3

I really like the way that your Espeon came out, it's very close to the official art (besides some unintentional exaggeration of its stomach). The other too look pretty great as well!

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Polaris said:
Are Umbreon and Espeon your favorites of the eeveelutions? I've always been quite partial towards them, myself. :3

I really like the way that your Espeon came out, it's very close to the official art (besides some unintentional exaggeration of its stomach). The other too look pretty great as well!
Eh, I'd say that Sylveon's my favorite eeveelution. Umbreon and Espeon are definitely high up on the list, though.

Now that I look at the Espeon, that part does seem a little pronounced. When I was doing the initial sketch of the painting in my sketchbook, I had tried to make that curve present, but at the same time not too strong. I guess I kind of failed on the latter, though... Anywho, thanks for the feedback!

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:30 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
SeasonsOfDestiny said:
Eh, I'd say that Sylveon's my favorite eeveelution
yesss good
seasons all of your artwork is good in some way nice job

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Paths said:
seasons all of your artwork is good in some way nice job
Thanks.

Oh, and some bad news. Now that school's over for me, I dunno when my next post-worthy work of art will be ready. Whereas I had deadlines and expectations to meet in Advanced Art, now it's just on my free time. Now that I have some materials that I can actually work with, though, I'll probably have more incentive to do things off and on.

feel free to yell at me for procrastinating any time

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
Oh wow, it took way longer to get myself to draw something new than I had first thought... Curse you, laziness! Anyways, shaking Watmel Berry trees is a bad idea; don't do it.

p103649-0-j6wjgdo.jpg

Oh, and there was a hair on the scanner's surface, and I didn't feel like rescanning it just because of that, so yeah.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:02 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
That's cute ~^_^~

Poor thing had to know that would happen eventually, with a feature like that on its head.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:11 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
BLink said:
I sold it for $20 bucks

Look here.
20 whole dollars? fuck me...

I need to get into this shit, 20 dollars is legit $$$$$$$ in Lithuania.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:43 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
p103652-0-videogame.png

Aug 3, 2015 at 12:48 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
p103653-0-cheesebybombchulinkd93ww1v.jpg

p103653-1-hieveryonebybombchulinkd93wvss.jpg

Fist time I've picked up a pencil in just under 3 months...

man summer's been busy.

Aug 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 8, 2015 at 8:24 PM
Been here way too long...
what is your signature move

Aug 8, 2015 at 8:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I throw a pizza at someone's face and it gets stuck and they are briefly distracted

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Professional Whatever
2sugoi