anti virus issues

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i like CS mods, but my PC doesn't

more specifically, kaspersky has an aneurism every time i open the EXE. it takes ages to get it to realize it's not plotting against me.

what's causing this, and can it be solved?

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I don't use Kaspersky for the record, and all of the mods (I've downloaded at the least) are safe.

I think Kaspersky hates you :muscledoc: .

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
1. Uninstall Kaspersky
2. Install Avast, AVG, Panda Cloud Antivirus, Comodo Antivirus, Clam Antivirus, Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, or Spybot: Search and Destroy.
3. Play Cave Story.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I use Kaspersky(pure), so far it only said one mod had a virus.
BTW Are you downloading some of the lesser known mods, they might have viruses.(Or something that resembles a virus)

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Antivirus may bug people more than actually viruses. I have all that I need on DVDs, if my system breaks down once in 2-3 years I can live with the reinstall. I use AVG Free, because it yells the least :)

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Antivirus may bug people more than actually viruses. I have all that I need on DVDs, if my system breaks down once in 2-3 years I can live with the reinstall. I use AVG Free, because it yells the least :)
..and hogs resources like you wouldn't believe.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
The definition of a virus is "any software that compromises the security of the user or affects the system in a negative way."

So you could consider really really slow antivirus software a virus even if it doesn't delete your files or steal your passwords.

I once joked that Windows and Mac were both viruses because people were often frustrated by those OSes. Oh wait, that really wasn't a joke.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Remove window32. It's a useless piece of shit that slow your computer down.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have Kaspersky and it hasn't bothered me at all. Though, I haven't tried any CS mods. Btw, AVG IS hungry for resources. I used to use it, and I never recommend it to anyone. I know there are usually ways to tell an anti-virus program that another program is safe. I haven't had to do this with Kaspersky in the 8 or so months I've had it though, so I don't know how to do it, but it shouldn't be too difficult..?

I once joked that Windows and Mac were both viruses because people were often frustrated by those OSes. Oh wait, that really wasn't a joke.

Do I sense a Linux user? :mrgreen: