• Sorry guys, I fucked up in the stupidest way possible. Any avatars, attachments or media uploaded in the past month may be broken. The bulk of those are attachments.

Affected posts are by Brite / Dr. Minty Fresh / HeCooksPattiesAndSellsThe / Catalystl / ilikebreadtoomuch / Draco / minecraftstorymodefan / Extra Life / darkruler9229

Affected posts are in threads Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread / CS ~ Encore / game opens in 1080, occupies only the top left corner / Friday Night Funkin' / Bluebot Requisition - DEMO / Show us your desktop / Cave Story Season 2 / gacha cave story pics / Cave Story with XBRZ filter / Project Ampersand

-Andwhy

anti virus issues

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i like CS mods, but my PC doesn't

more specifically, kaspersky has an aneurism every time i open the EXE. it takes ages to get it to realize it's not plotting against me.

what's causing this, and can it be solved?

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I don't use Kaspersky for the record, and all of the mods (I've downloaded at the least) are safe.

I think Kaspersky hates you :muscledoc: .

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
1. Uninstall Kaspersky
2. Install Avast, AVG, Panda Cloud Antivirus, Comodo Antivirus, Clam Antivirus, Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, or Spybot: Search and Destroy.
3. Play Cave Story.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I use Kaspersky(pure), so far it only said one mod had a virus.
BTW Are you downloading some of the lesser known mods, they might have viruses.(Or something that resembles a virus)

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Antivirus may bug people more than actually viruses. I have all that I need on DVDs, if my system breaks down once in 2-3 years I can live with the reinstall. I use AVG Free, because it yells the least :)

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Antivirus may bug people more than actually viruses. I have all that I need on DVDs, if my system breaks down once in 2-3 years I can live with the reinstall. I use AVG Free, because it yells the least :)
..and hogs resources like you wouldn't believe.

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
The definition of a virus is "any software that compromises the security of the user or affects the system in a negative way."

So you could consider really really slow antivirus software a virus even if it doesn't delete your files or steal your passwords.

I once joked that Windows and Mac were both viruses because people were often frustrated by those OSes. Oh wait, that really wasn't a joke.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Remove window32. It's a useless piece of shit that slow your computer down.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have Kaspersky and it hasn't bothered me at all. Though, I haven't tried any CS mods. Btw, AVG IS hungry for resources. I used to use it, and I never recommend it to anyone. I know there are usually ways to tell an anti-virus program that another program is safe. I haven't had to do this with Kaspersky in the 8 or so months I've had it though, so I don't know how to do it, but it shouldn't be too difficult..?

I once joked that Windows and Mac were both viruses because people were often frustrated by those OSes. Oh wait, that really wasn't a joke.

Do I sense a Linux user? :mrgreen: