Animu

Sep 17, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Princess no Rondo is... sick... >_>|||

And yeah I like Lucky Star too lol. Random but funny xD

jcys810 said:
I'm currently watching Zero no Tsukaima: Princess no Rondo and Soul Eater. I watch Code Geass a little here and there too.

Also, more recommendations:
Hayate no Gotoku
Fate/Stay Night
Black Cat
Black Lagoon
Claymore
Darker than BLACK
Devil May Cry
Gakuen Alice
Inukami
Kaze no Stigma
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Special A
To Love-Ru
Trinity Blood

TRINITY BLOOD FOREVA.

Resembles D-Gray Man, but with a totally different storyline. =P

Edit-
For Tsubasa Chronicles, I've only read a bit of the manga series and it looked good to me =P I've stopped reading it though... for some reason.. O_o|||

Edity-
And FullMetal Alchemist is one of the most epic anime ever. Awesome storyline and just the right amount of humour such that it does not cheapen the overall. ^^"

Editiness-
jcys810 said:
Edit again:
Shakugan no Shana is a pretty nice anime to watch, but I didn't really like it. I mean, come on, those nobles committing incest in broad daylight is really what the fuck. And that guy whatever he is called uses Blutsauger and still sucks even in season 2. =.=

He nearly died just because his
Spoiler highlight to view:
Reiji Magao or whatever
got taken out of him.

Eh... that's not incest. What they do doesn't even resemble any form of incest ==" How did your twisted mind twist the story into such madness! That's the way they
transfer Power of Existance
-_-"

Well anyway, for someone like you with a mind of a jcys810, it's no wonder many things seem that way to you.

Sep 17, 2008 at 5:32 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
freezit4 said:
I love the mangas of FMA, DN and RK,(and Neuro) but never bothered on their animes, which coincidentally almost differ from their mangas.
Eh what? DN and FMA are the most epic manga to anime adaptation evar IMO. DN has awesome sound and choreography and FMA has awesome animation and action.

DN doesn't differ much from the manga though, but obviouslyif you've read the manga you'll be spoiled about the sub-plots and all. That's not so with FMA which is just incredible as an anime even if you've read the manga.

Sep 17, 2008 at 6:30 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The manga ain't finished yet but the anime has, so it's the other way around duh.

And some characters in FMA anime is ugly, that's why I shunned :D

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:33 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
1. FullMetal Alchemist

FUCK YEAH.

Roonil Wazlib said:
2. Death Note

EPIC CHIP EATIN’ IS EPIC.

Roonil Wazlib said:
3. Rurouni Kenshin

Kenshin is one of the biggest official Mary-Sues ever.

Roonil Wazlib said:
4. Fate/Stay Night

The anime looks kind of pretty, I mean, I guess, but otherwise it’s horrible compared to the source material. Read the fucking Visual Novel. Heaven’s Feel is about done being translated, and that’s good because it’s my favorite root even though I’ve been forced to read it through the untranslated text, which is quite tedious, I must say. Regardless, I’ve always been a big fan of Sakura, and, even though Heaven’s Feel removes everything that made UBW epic, it gives something just as legendicious in return: Dark Sakura, the best final boss since Roa/SHIKI/Kohaku.

Roonil Wazlib said:
5. InuYasha (live with it, retards)

Shitsux.

Roonil Wazlib said:
6. Tsubasa Chronicles

This should be your third favorite.

Metalogz said:

Do your research before saying anything about this series. The Hellsing manga and the Hellsing anime are EXTREMELY DIFFERENT. The Hellsing anime basically takes out all of the epicness of the original manga and gives of shitty animation and LOLGONZO everywhere. No, seriously, GONZO ruins every manga it touches, from Hellsing to Gantz to Rosario + Vampire. Don’t blame the anime’s shittyness on Hellsing itself, but rather GONZO.

Thankfully, the manga was adapted again in the form of a series of OVAs, this time made by Geneon. Thankfully, Geneon is a lot more reliable than GONZO ever will be, and they adapted the manga nigh perfectly. The OVAs far surpass the anime in every way, bringing the sheer epicness of the Manga into animated form with barely any changes at all and high quality animation to match.

Moral: read the Hellsing manga and watch the Hellsing OVAs, ignore the anime adaptation

Metalogz said:
Niento no Shana

You mean Shakugan no Shana, right? Yeah, it’s pretty good.

Metalogz said:
And D-Gray Man ftw.

Good art, decent overarching plot, but it contains a massive amount of plain stupid shit and the author is an utter retard. Okay, so some rickety old cross that was balanced precariously within a church randomly falls on a nun out of nowhere and the nun’s husband just decides to blame God? What? Why doesn’t he just blame the fucking architect. God damn it, that’s pretty retarded. Also, the anime is horrible because of its overwhelming amount of filler. I don’t know how the hell they turn 140 chapters into a 70 episode anime, but holy fuck they ruined the whole thing.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Onegai Teacher.

Oh lord is this an excuse for a teacher fetish.

jcys810 said:
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

YES. The light novels had the best ending ever.

jcys810 said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

This is a classic example of a “perfect anime.” In fact, it might very well be my favorite one ever.

jcys810 said:
Zero no Tsukaima

I’m really more of a yandere kind of guy, but for those really masochistic folks this anime must be the best…

jcys810 said:
Soul Eater

FUCK YES FINITE EPISODES AND SILLY FUCKING PSYCHO FACES EVERYWHERE.

jcys810 said:
Hayate no Gotoku

Solid series. Watch it and delete it.

jcys810 said:
Fate/Stay Night

I’ve already shared my opinions on this.

jcys810 said:
Black Cat

Pretty awesome manga, but the anime series is LOLGONZO.

jcys810 said:
Black Lagoon

FUCK YEAH. You couldn’t possibly get more pure, concentrated awesome in a realistic setting than in this series. I cheered when they revealed
Rock and Revi are fuck buddies and Rock somehow manages to be the dominant one.

jcys810 said:

Pretty awesome. Priscilla and Isley are so moe together.

jcys810 said:
Darker than BLACK

jcys810 said:
Devil May Cry

THE ANIME ADAPTION IS FUCKING HORRIBLE. They destroyed Dante’s personality completely. Apparently Dante’s pizza-eatin’-while-doin’-backflips-and-shootin’-shit was too KURRRAAZZEEEE for Japan. Fucking faggots.

jcys810 said:
Gakuen Alice

jcys810 said:

Never seen.

jcys810 said:
Kaze no Stigma

Never seen.

jcys810 said:
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

The anime ends too soon, but the manga is pretty fucking epic.

jcys810 said:
Special A

Never seen.

jcys810 said:
To Love-Ru

Never seen.

jcys810 said:
Trinity Blood

So fucking FABULOUS. How can a guy have drawn that!?

freezit4 said:
Lucky Star

The entire thing is shitty filler, really. Only good thing about it was Lucky Channel and Akira.

freezit4 said:
Zetsubou Sensei

That’s SAYONARA Zetsubou Sensei. In any case, the animation is awesome and all, but the jokes are usually pretty crappy, even in Japanese.

freezit4 said:
Abenobashi Shopping Arcade

Pretty good series. Partially created by those who did TTGL.

freezit4 said:
Genshiken

Lucky Star with DRAMA.

freezit4 said:
Ichigo Mashimaro

Head of but never read.

freezit4 said:
Muteki Kanban Musume

Never read.

freezit4 said:
Yakitate Japan!

Only good thing about the series is Monica.

freezit4 said:
Crayon Shin-chan

English Dub is superior.

freezit4 said:
Kappa Mikey

freezit4 said:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Good series is good.

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Sep 18, 2008 at 6:18 AM
Respwnt
freezit4 said:
The manga ain't finished yet but the anime has, so it's the other way around duh.
Um no, FMA's anime and manga are very different so it doesn't matter which is first. -.-'

freezit4 said:
And some characters in FMA anime is ugly, that's why I shunned :)
O_o There are no new characters other than Dante and a couple homunculi as far as I know. The expressiveness of the characters is perfect I'd say. Really, you'll love the anime if you liked the manga.

Kageryushin said:
Oh lord is this an excuse for a teacher fetish.
=O she's fucking HAWT!

Kenshin is one of the biggest official Mary-Sues ever.
Agreed to an extent, but he's still awesomely hilarious IMO.

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Justin-chan
Cunt said:
Eh... that's not incest. What they do doesn't even resemble any form of incest ==" How did your twisted mind twist the story into such madness! That's the way they

transfer Power of Existance

-_-"

Well anyway, for someone like you with a mind of a jcys810, it's no wonder many things seem that way to you.
I didn't actually watch every single bit of the anime. Didn't hook me.
Devil May Cry said:
THE ANIME ADAPTION IS FUCKING HORRIBLE. They destroyed Dante’s personality completely. Apparently Dante’s pizza-eatin’-while-doin’-backflips-and-shootin’-shit was too KURRRAAZZEEEE for Japan. Fucking faggots.
Yeah, I'd have to agree for a bit. I kinda liked it BEFORE I played any DMC game. Now I find that Dante kinda got screwed up.

They might as well change the anime to Dante May Cry
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro said:
The anime ends too soon, but the manga is pretty fucking epic.
ya i no rite
Black Lagoon said:
FUCK YEAH. You couldn’t possibly get more pure, concentrated awesome in a realistic setting than in this series. I cheered when they revealed
Rock and Revi are fuck buddies and Rock somehow manages to be the dominant one.
i lol'd
Claymore said:
Pretty awesome. Priscilla and Isley are so moe together.
Somehow, I prefer the manga.
some said:
I usually watch online rather than download.
Soul Eater said:
FUCK YES FINITE EPISODES AND SILLY FUCKING PSYCHO FACES EVERYWHERE.
Asura
Zero no Tsukaima said:
I’m really more of a yandere kind of guy, but for those really masochistic folks this anime must be the best…
diph.php

Cunt said:
Princess no Rondo is... sick... >_>|||
diph.php

---
Been wondering if I should watch Gintama and Full Metal Alchemist. But I'm not really a fan of long draggy anime, which is why I stopped watching Bleach.

The fillers were too annoying. They even had an arc dedicated to a filler, those retarded Bounts. The quality really sucked then.

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
=O she's fucking HAWT!
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you just proved kags point lol

now to my list which im sure im gonna be picked on for....

Deathnote
azumanga diaoh
love hina
devil may cry
Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning
galaxy angel
hand maid may (was alright)
Card captor's (i really gotta see the other series, ive heard great things about it)
lucky star
the melancholy of haruhi suzimiya
hell sing

I like alot more but i cant think of them right now

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:26 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Wannabe said:
I didn't actually watch every single bit of the anime. Didn't hook me.

Yeah, so stfu if you don't know anything about it.

XristosX said:
azumanga daioh

Something like Lucky Star xD

Kageryushin said:
*insert shitty filler claims here*

That's the whole point of the anime.

And you can't call them fillers cause theres no storyline-gaps to fill.

Do your research before you actually say anything about the series please.

Edit -

Vampire Night manga rocks too ^^"

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Justin-chan
EFG said:
Yeah, so stfu if you don't know anything about it.
I'm not at liberty to listen to bubs.

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
Been wondering if I should watch Gintama and Full Metal Alchemist. But I'm not really a fan of long draggy anime, which is why I stopped watching Bleach.
Sorry if I sound like a fanboy here but FMA isn't draggy at all. It's fricken epic with a perfect mix of tragedy and humour. 51 episodes might seem long but there are little to no fillers thrown in except for one episode dedicated to comic relief, and that was right before the series turned on its head and became totally dark. I really recommend you watch it.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:12 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Kageryushin said:
That’s SAYONARA Zetsubou Sensei. In any case, the animation is awesome and all, but the jokes are usually pretty crappy, even in Japanese.
There are two of them, Sayonara and Zoku Sayonara. Oh well both's got the word Sayonara but well it's no huge deal. Most of the times the jokes are cold, but it's usually the whole plot that's what the big joke is.

Kageryushin said:
Heard of but never read.
Duh, watch then. Just some 13 episodes and what'll interest you most is the cigar-smoking lass, a ferret, and petit cheese, whatever it is.

Kageryushin said:
English Dub is superior.
I guess "family" animes work best in each's own language. I know I would hate him in Japanese.

Kageryushin said:
Putting aside my curiosity on how you keep those dots up, I would guess the meaning behind this reaction.
It would most probably be a reaction out of hearing something new, thus you either don't bother, or refer to Wikipedia or Youtube. Then you produce an expression similar to this : =_=
Else, it would be you know about it already, being aired on local TV, and you know how crappy it is, thus : T_T ("I dunno this guy T_T")
In case it's the latter, think again, dude. Give it another chance. The strange theme song's there to encourage you. In case it's the former, somehow I can't help you anyway. It's very hard starting from zero.

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Justin-chan
Just saw Soul Eater 24. God damn,
didn't expect Medusa to still be alive after being sliced in two.

And also didn't expect Shinigami-sama to be that strong, but still weaker than Asura.

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:21 AM
Jesus fuck. I must have been really fucking sleep-deprived the night I posted that last one. Well, my computer was damaged shortly after, so I'll actually bother responding to people whenever that's fixed.

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM
My computer is not yet fixed, but whatever.

jcys810 said:
Somehow, I prefer the manga.

Well duh. Saying a manga is superior to its anime is like saying a book is superior to its movie. That’s just how it works. There are some exceptions, but these are quite rare and far between.

jcys810 said:

Yandere are so fucking adorable I just can’t stand it. I squee like a fangirl admiring her bishie at things involving their murderous rampages. Any girl that’s more obsessed with me than I am is definitely my kind of woman. Extra points for stalking and automatic victory for killing one of her rivals. From Kaede Fuyou to Yuno Gasai and everything in between, I simply adore them all.

Megaturdz said:
That's the whole point of the anime.

Maybe that’s why it sucks so much.

Azumanga Daioh's yonkoma > Lucky Star (more like Yucky Shit, right?).

Megaturdz said:
And you can't call them fillers cause there’s no storyline-gaps to fill.

Do you’re research before you actually say anything about the series please.

Is someone trying to get on their high horse or something? Pfft. For someone who’s trying to place themselves atop a mental pedestal you sure don’t know how to take a metaphor. Not only that, it looks like I have to correct your spelling, too. Jeez, I don’t have to scrutinize your Internet-fu every time you fuck up, do I? Why so dense?

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:34 AM
Justin-chan
Oh yeah, began watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the order is really messed up though, 2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, fdsfgs

Sep 21, 2008 at 9:03 PM
jcys810 said:
Oh yeah, began watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the order is really messed up though, 2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, fdsfgs

This is because, chronologically, the most exciting episode takes place before half of the other ones, and the final episode chronologically is also the most boring one. The latter still manages to be a beautiful end in its own little calm way, though. It depends on how you want it to end: if you want an exciting, epic TENGEN TOPPA GURRRRRREN LAGAAAAAAAAAAANNNN VERSUS GURRRRRRRRANNNNN ZAMBOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA end, go through the episodes the way they were originally aired. If you want a peaceful, sweet, a little boring but entirely conclusive end, go through using chronological order.

Now then, seeing that my only contribution insofar has been to comment on anime mentioned by others, it seems it'd be appropriate for me to mention some of my own favorites.

Full Metal Panic!
Outlaw Star
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Now and Then, Here and There
Noein
Akagi
Kaiji
Cowboy Bebop
Eureka 7
GaoGaiGar
Gun X Sword
Gundam Franchise
Code Geass
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Megas XLR
Monster
Princess Tutu
Samurai Champloo
Shinkon Gattai Godannar
Shuffle!
Mirai Nikki
Vandread
Narutaru
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Mazinkaiser
Getter Robo
Gunbuster - Diebuster
Kara no Kyoukai
Rockman.EXE
Berserk
Disgaea

Sep 22, 2008 at 6:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Good to see another Full Metal Panic fan.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:34 AM
Justin-chan
I should really watch Rockman.exe, I am just too lazy to start.

I found Cowboy Bepop and Monster boring though.

Back