android cave story

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Any1 of you know if there is cave story for android? (Sry for nub english)

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
No, you can't play Cave Story on an Android.
CS is only for the following platforms: Windows, OSX, Linux, Xbox, PSP, DSi, the Mac App Store, GP2X, the TI series of graphing calculators, and soon to be on Steam and the 3DS.
Also, the Mac App Store version along with the Steam version are updated games, called Cave Story+. Aside from that, Cave Story on the 3DS is completely remade, but with the same level design.

Edit: I don't know what Cave Story would look like on a graphing calculator, but I can assume that the TI versions looked different too.
Edit edit: Also, Cave Story is on Wii.

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
...and Wii as well.

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Member Title
Derp. Sorry, I forgot about that.

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It probably won't happen for a while, most developers are waaaay more comfortable releasing on iOS because of it's security in terms of app downloads.

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Cave Story said:
No, you can't play Cave Story on an Android.
CS is only for the following platforms: Windows, OSX, Linux, Xbox, PSP, DSi, the Mac App Store, GP2X, the TI series of graphing calculators, and soon to be on Steam and the 3DS.
Also, the Mac App Store version along with the Steam version are updated games, called Cave Story+. Aside from that, Cave Story on the 3DS is completely remade, but with the same level design.

Edit: I don't know what Cave Story would look like on a graphing calculator, but I can assume that the TI versions looked different too.
Edit edit: Also, Cave Story is on Wii.

Not to be annoying by pointing out something else, but didn't they say that they were redoing level design?

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Member Title
No, the level layout is the same. The new graphics just make it look altered, I believe. I may be wrong, though.

Sep 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
The maps in Cave Story 3D will be exactly the same, just with new graphics which make them seem different.

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:37 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:03 PM
inside is yello
"..."
What about this article then?

"For the old time fans of Cave Story, there aren’t brand new stages, but what we did for these stages is we expanded it. So, there is more to it than there was before. There are new areas to explore, long time fans will definitely see the difference. Daisuke Amaya spent a long time creating this game and everything has been tweaked to fit the latest console," Niida said.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:42 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The TI version is not cave story; the plot follows from the good ending... and it has practically no gameplay elements from the original, except jumping and shooting. And it's written in BASIC, so it's slow as shit and has a grid system.
It really sucks.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Been here way too long...
It's actually written in TI-BASIC.
There's a difference.