Alternative ORG Editor

Dec 4, 2006 at 3:48 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Since I expended my capslock exclamation last post, I guess I just have to say very calmly that I just got preliminary playback to function and will spend the next couple of days implementing full playback. The hardest part will most definitely be getting the rest of the samples, but the major roadblock has been conquered.

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:32 PM
"..."
Kinda pimping my site, but mainly pointing towards the 0.7.0 BETA.

ORGasm has come a long way from where it started a few months ago. I've learned a lot about programming while making it, and I'm really proud of it whether anyone else uses it or not.

I've come to the point where I have to decide between performance issues and adding more features, and I'm still unsure of what to focus on myself. But either way, I'm not going to stop working on this project until it is done.

EDIT: Gah! Forgot to change the link on the page. :eek:

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:44 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nice one, I like the Orgayana Source Banner (Sue is there <3) Could I use it for my Site, and have you got a banner for your Site?

Edit:

OMFGGGG I <33333 y0R5e T37R!s R3M1Xx!!!!!!!!111

Dec 16, 2006 at 8:04 PM
"..."
Sure, you can use it, although the focus of the post was more on the program than my site. :\

Dec 17, 2006 at 3:12 PM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
Sure, you can use it, although the focus of the post was more on the program than my site. :\

Kay... If you dont want that I'am liking it, but it maybe appears rude. I dont wanna be rude :/ Oh well, say if its done so I can link it...

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:55 AM
Core
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"

1. How do org's work?
2. I think you should put in a snap-on feature eventually.

Jan 9, 2007 at 11:48 AM
"..."
Snap on? Well, a few things have gotten in the way of me continuing work on ORGasm (Lack of feedback, and my opinion that now it's fully functional anything else I add would only benefit users, of which so far I have none that have spoken up), but even if I was going to add that in, I'd need to know what you mean first. :D

As for how ORGs work, it depends on what you want to know - do you mean at a technical level, IE the filetype itself, or just on a conceptual level, IE what's actually stored in it?

Jan 9, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
Snap on? Well, a few things have gotten in the way of me continuing work on ORGasm (Lack of feedback, and my opinion that now it's fully functional anything else I add would only benefit users, of which so far I have none that have spoken up), but even if I was going to add that in, I'd need to know what you mean first. :D

As for how ORGs work, it depends on what you want to know - do you mean at a technical level, IE the filetype itself, or just on a conceptual level, IE what's actually stored in it?

Lack of feedback - know that prob :/
Its anoying... I like ORGasm <_<

Jan 21, 2007 at 5:50 AM
Core

Oh, and you need to write 10 characters, so this is spam.

Jan 21, 2007 at 5:06 PM
"..."
Conceptually, ORGs are just a bunch of notes and pan/volume markers. The notes play according to which instrument(or drum) they're bound to, and the panning and volume markers chance the channel's pan and volume when they are rolled over. Some pan/vol markers aren't tied to a specific note, and are used to imitate echoes or other effects.

Technically, ORGs are files, obviously. The ORG Filetype Description I wrote up ( http://star.walagata.com/w/osmose/orgfilesdesc.txt ) is probably the best place to learn about the actual offsets and structure of the file itself.

Jan 24, 2007 at 2:47 AM
Core
Thank you. Are you working on the source currently?

Jan 24, 2007 at 8:26 PM
"..."
No. After the 0.7.0 Beta I felt that the program was fully functional. I had a few more planned improvements, but a lack of public interest, school, volunteering, and a few online duties of mine have given me little time left over to work on anything, let along ORGasm.

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:06 AM
Core

Or, is this just a closed beta?

I'm interested in developing further the org format, not really with helping along with your project. However, inevitably, improvements will come as I find them.