A REAL request for help

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey guys. Sorry about that other thread. I decided to make a new one where I actually asked for help. :p

So, my questions now are =

1. How do I edit weapons, such as how to change damage. I tried to look at the sticky for this, but the page just wouldn't load.

2. How to hack profile.dat.

Do041220B  ‹_   è Ì \ âF  
d d

$     q  r  s  u FLAG     Ôå  ` û ` ¹ 0  @  À  @ ~ # @ = À Ð   ðƒ  0 V Ð  *àe   0   ðé›  p  0 @ 

That's all I get, not any numbers.

3. Should I use Sue's Workshop, or Cave Editor?

4. With either one, I'm having a hard time putting NPCs, doors, and things like that on.

5. How do I change the script of a certain thing? I looked in SW and saw the script, but do I just have to put what I want in the place of the old stuff?

6. Is there an easier way to edit PBMs other than doing it one pixel at a time?

7. Why do people watch WWE?

I think that sums it up for now. So please, I would greatly appreciate your help. If you need me to specify more, I might be able to, but I'm not very good with this yet. :eek:

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:09 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have you gotten a hex editor?
You need one for your first two questions, I suggest XVI32
As for sues workshop or Cave Editor, it is really personal preference. A lot of members prefer SW, but that is just because they are more familiar with the interface.
Get Kapow's TSC guide if you want to know how to edit the script.
Apology excepted, btw.

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:51 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Okay, I'll get to work on it. Thanks for helping :)

(Also, sorry for calling you mean)

Edit - Where can I download the hex editor? I looked both on the tribute site and the hack/mod showcase, but didn't see it. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
realcsfan said:
1. How do I edit weapons, such as how to change damage. I tried to look at the sticky for this, but the page just wouldn't load.
You need to edit Doukutsu.exe with a hex editor. There is a file somewhere that tells you where in the executable these things are stored, so all you have to do is find them and change them.

It helps to know the hexadecimal number system. If you don't, check Wikipedia or something.

realcsfan said:
2. How to hack profile.dat.

That's all I get, not any numbers.
Again, hex editor. The hex editor will display the file in two ways: as a string of random characters like you posted, and as a string of two-digit hexadecimal numbers. (Note: the letters A through F are also hex numbers.)

realcsfan said:
3. Should I use Sue's Workshop, or Cave Editor?
Try both, and pick the one you prefer. You can't use both on the same mod though.

realcsfan said:
4. With either one, I'm having a hard time putting NPCs, doors, and things like that on.
I think they are events. I don't know much more than that.

realcsfan said:
5. How do I change the script of a certain thing? I looked in SW and saw the script, but do I just have to put what I want in the place of the old stuff?
Event numbers must be four digits and must appear in numerical order. If you want to add an event, then you add a line "#xxxx" but replace the x's with decimal digits.

realcsfan said:
6. Is there an easier way to edit PBMs other than doing it one pixel at a time?
Probably. What about the brush tool? Fill tool?