A Farewell From Solaris

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
...Ugh, this is difficult.

I'm just going to go out and say it: "It's been fun being part of such a great community."
As some of you may have noticed (probably not), I have not been very active lately.
There is a very good reason for this.
I don't have the time anymore to keep maintaining my presence here on CTSF, so I have decided to leave my user account behind.

So yeah, no more "Solaris"

I guess this is the part where I tell you something I never revealed about myself, so here goes...

When I first came here, I never was a part of a forum before. In fact, I was very much a loner in society. This forum was the first stepping stone toward towards a different side of me. A more social living being in society. (However, I'm pretty much still a loner, but a much less socially awkward one)
That being said, I was pretty annoying back when I was known as "jj4226".
Being social wasn't in my comfort zone, and this showed up a lot in my posts and threads. I wanted to write out a compilation of every stupid thing I did here on CSTF, but that would take forever. (You're just going to have to look for it yourselves).

...Man I'm going miss the community.

So...this is goodbye. I wish you all good luck with your futures.

@zxin good luck on that mod competition. Mine was a disaster

Attachments

• jj4226s map data.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 3
Apr 2, 2017 at 9:56 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
You can always come back and see if there are amazing new mods to play on a rainy day. Take your time. After all, moving away... on the internet... it's not that far away to visit when it comes to you!
(Maybe there should be a twitter feed for mod releases?)

Oh and expect the forum to become a virtual reality "Forum" where we walk into "Threads" and watch recordings of "Posts". Curly and Quote will be real by then too. Oh and people crash in through the ceiling when they enter a room.
You know you want to see that. So come visit!

See ya!

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
see you in a couple years

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Apr 4, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Professional Whatever
can ralren leave forever as well

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:40 AM
Assistance
Already tried to leave forever a couple times. Longest i've ever been away has been like 4-5 years. Something about this place magnetizes me right back in, which brings back to the situation we see here. The money's down, and the odds are high. This dude will be back in a couple years, Noxid called it.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:40 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
There's no reason to say goodbye. It's better to say until then.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:58 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!
Truthfully, I have left the forums more than once before myself; but nobody really noticed. I didn't really expect not to come back, you see.

From my experience, when people want to leave forums, they do it quietly. Those that announce it usually don't leave, and look for some kind of response.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:35 PM
Assistance
Public Service Announcement:

Hey what's up guys. I want to leave forever and I really need your help. Because I'm so important, old and frail at the age of 22, I need about 5 dollars donated to me through pateron and a max goal of 1,000,000 on indiegogo for my leave. For all of the psychological torment and woes, I need to be given money to help solve my problems.

Here's some of the stretch goals to help me and my buddy Solaris here:

• 1o$ will get you a thank you letter from me, and an autograph from Solaris.
  • 100$ will get you a thank you letter, forged autograph, and a copy of Borderlands 1 with a broken case and no manual or art sleeve.
  • 150$ will you get you all that good stuff WITH a printed out art sleeve with only black ink of Borderlands 1, I'll also chip in a used slice of kleenex.
  • 1,000,000$ will give you a trip to my local McDonalds and we can fine and dine there, but you're gonna have to pay for the airflight expenses. Also I'll get somebody to dox Solaris' information so we can hang out with him and order pizzas for some family fun.
I'm not gonna be able to leave this place forever without your help, and Solaris needs you guys. He's a good man, and we need him back as soon as possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM
Hoxtilicious
diph.php

LMAO, you just made my day dude.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:20 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Oh noes, Solaris!!

Don't give up fighting...please. You dont need to take such a permanent option, there is always tomorrow. Think about the good times and be that shining sun your name embodies--dont slip into the dark void. I will definitely support you on patreon if that will help you reconsider. Stay strong buddy and dont end it all :)

I wish we could have spent more time together. You will always be in my thoughts solaris.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
From my experience, when people want to leave forums, they do it quietly. Those that announce it usually don't leave, and look for some kind of response.
From my experience that rule generally only applies to ragequits (and I have been posting here since 4 years after you were born, so I would know). For a calm and collected post stating departure you can generally expect the person in question to actually depart.

If you note the timestamps, Solaris has not logged in for two days now.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2017 at 4:26 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
From my experience that rule generally only applies to ragequits (and I have been posting here since 4 years after you were born, so I would know). For a calm and collected post stating departure you can generally expect the person in question to actually depart.

If you note the timestamps, Solaris has not logged in for two days now.

I hope he hasn't done anything rash :(

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
He said it quite simply, he doesn't have the time to post here anymore and that's why he is leaving. There is nothing rash about that, it is a considered and calculated decision. We all have real life commitments.