3 Lifes Challenge

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So I'm doing a 3 Life challenge with minimal weapons. And right now I'm at Labyrinth M, wich is kinda annoying. Have you ever done this challenge?

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Revolution said:
So I'm doing a 3 Life challenge with minimal weapons. And right now I'm at Labyrinth M, wich is kinda annoying. Have you ever done this challenge?

Yeah i've beaten a 3hp run before, level 2 sword does wonders, but if it gets to level 3 its no longer effective as a quick killing weapon, but thats my opinion

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Revolution said:

Yes, that is a very common challenge that most advanced players on these forums have completed.

But thanks for making another thread about it, it means a lot to me.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I would probably fail by the time i reach the egg corridors boss.But then again i am just a beginner.The only achievement ive done is beat the hell stage on my first run through cave story.(I had to retry so many times but still the first run through cave story)

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
It took me a long time to get past monster X on 3HP, but i finally did. Only to get horribly stuck on the core fight.

I still have just my polar star and no booster, because i want 2.0 and the spur. So, naturally, my damage dealing ability is making it an absurdly long fight. I hear other people have used tricks such as rapidly switching weapons while firing, but i refuse to use an exploit in a challenge. Kind of defeats the purpose.

It's been a very fun run so far, but the core fight on 3HP has stopped me dead. The only thing i can really do is play defensively with the level 3 blade and desperately try to survive while trying to coax curly into shooting it. It simply isnt working. Theres always something that gets through Kings blade.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Monster X is hard, but possible. The annoying thing about Monster X is that you have to get through a few enemies before you can find him.

Right now I'm at outerwall.

But thanks for making another thread about it, it means a lot to me.
Is that sarcastic? :p
I've searched for it, but couldn't find a thread.

Should I finish the game with or without the mimiga mask?

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Without. You won't be able to go into hell with it (you need that booster).

Also I've done this challenge, but I've only gotten up to hell. The last 3 bosses are really tough with just 3hp and minimal items/weapons.

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:38 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Also I've done this challenge, but I've only gotten up to hell. The last 3 bosses are really tough with just 3hp and minimal items/weapons.

Mostly the Doctor. He's a pain, especially if you get hit by the Red Crystal at any point (because then the bat swarm can OHKO you).

I've beaten the game with 3 HP, but only the good ending, not the perfect one. I have gotten through Sacred Ground B2 a couple of times, but I died both of those times in B3. I know I can beat Heavy Press and Ballos without damage, but I'm not willing to die to B2 X more times.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Professional Whatever
I can't even beat Hell normally. >.<