Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Hina
Hina
shame on me for not checking the thread properly
is plotbomb supposed to be super-vanilla early on? i got past igor just now and i have not seen any plot changes
Hina
Hina
and i should say hi : ) good to see you still here
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Hello! Nice to see you again too, always enjoy seeing oldies pop back in again.
Yeah, it's very similar to vanilla CS until the Sand Zone. The only differences until that point are the unique typer voices, and a tiny little foreshadow in the power room in Grasstown. I thought Dr_Glaucous mentioned something about providing a save file for those who want to start off right before the Sand Zone, but I don't see it anywhere in the download, so maybe I was mistaken about that.
Suote
Suote
HEAD MAN
This one's really cool. It's like 3 years old (where did the time go?), but I'd still consider it modern.

Hat Thief ~ Hahttou Thifuu
This one's by me! It's very short.

There's lots of other cool ones, but my mind is blanking right now. Most recent mods actually aren't posted on the forums, but archived on this site called Doukutsu Club. Feel free to look around and see what interests you.
Hina
Hina
head man sounds really familiar, i think i've played it before?
and hat thief is on my list : )
thank you for the recommendations! will review once i get to playing them. which should be soon, as long as i don't forget
Brayconn
Brayconn
Hina
Hina
thanks brayconn! i don't think i've ever actually tried any of your work so this will likely be a pleasant introduction, seeing how proudly you're giving it to me here
Hina
Hina
@Brayconn now that was an adventure and a half
it honestly brought a smile to my face so thank you
Brayconn
Brayconn
Glad you enjoyed it! I think it's my best work tbh :mrgreen:
Eli
Eli
Hina
Hina
i will totally play evergreen but i think i'll suck at challenge mods : P we'll see how it goes for me with the ones i already have to play first
i'm currently going through opencs, it's pretty but a bit boring
Hina
Hina
well @Eli , i'm stuck
1644229944830.png
Eli
Eli
uh... that's the first time i've seen that particular issue, what did you do leading up to it?

edit: unable to recreate it on my end...
Hina
Hina
you open the door, go back to the prisoners, free them, get back into the door chamber and it just thinks the door is still open despite the fact it clearly isn't
Eli
Eli
OH i see lol, i completely forgot to account for backtracking after opening the door, whoops - you're meant to go through the door immediately after opening it. i'll fix that, thank you for bringing it to my attention!

EDIT: uploaded a version with a placeholder fix, should be enough to let you progress - i'll implement something neater in the next major update. though i gotta ask, how exactly DID you backtrack? i thought the fan would've blocked you from reentering the vents?
Hina
Hina
i used the rifle to boost myself upwards and get back into the vent
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
I'm super late to recommending mods but I totally recommend my work in progress sequel mod, ACSS, Another Cave Story Sequel.
idk how to embed threads like the others did lol.
Hina
Hina
i think your download link does not work, i'd love to try your mod though
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Apologies, I edited the download link so you don't need a doukutsu club account to download. Weird.