Usagi-no-Mekiki

Profile posts Postings About

• It's been a while.
    The slow yet inevitable collapse of Twitter and Reddit has left me a bit shaken...
    ...until I realized that forums like this one and message boards like 4chan still exist,
    and even if they collapse, several more will be created to take their place.
    Mint
    Mint
    I wouldn't say it's the end of social media, but we are in a time where it becomes more and more clear that the big centralized services we have now don't have the interests of the end user in mind once they "hit it big".

The annoying thing is that a lot of people come to certain social media because they can find some kind of content there to easily follow, rather than you know... the social aspects. I hear about platforms like Tiktok making the content of newly visiting content creators a lot more common in people's feeds because it builds them a follower base that will make it harder to leave, and it makes a lot of sense to me why that's a thing.
    After all, why would you quit where you're popular to move to a platform not everyone might use? Want to still try to keep supporting both? Hope one doesn't tell you to stop 'advertising' and that you don't get extra work conforming to the format your posts have to be.

A bit of a cynical rant but in the end I have never really liked the concept of scrolling massive feeds (I tried twitter sorta, but there ended up being a lot of random stuff in my feed that I didn't really care about- partially due to following companies for news and info and partially thanks to a lot of retweets from friends), why can't I just filter to the posts of a certain part of who I follow, and only their posts?
    I kinda hope that with the so called 'enshittification' we slowly start inching towards going back to older style networks where the content is the content you want to see, and not what the service wants you to see.
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Yeah, it's only the big'uns like Twitter and Reddit that have gone to shit.
    Besides, I mostly use forums, message boards, and fanfiction sites,
    so the enshittification (wonderful name) doesn't really affect me personally.
    Mint
    Mint
    It's a term coined like last year to refer to social platforms that are slowly getting worse due to striving for profits.

Tiny communities and forums will always remain wonderful because they don't have this happening to them, while they also make keeping track of everything you care about a bit more easily. I'm not in any public Discords because I couldn't imagine keeping track of them lmao.
    GUESS WHO JUST GOT A LAPTOP FOR CHRISTMAS
    this doesn't mean shit; I barely know how Booster's Lab works and "oh god what do i do" doesn't work for some reason
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    … which version of Booster's Lab?
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    v0.5.1.1
    The files are all there; it's just refusing to follow the links.
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    also my laptop don't work no more :-(
    Hey, aren't you the person who made that Cave Story fanfic, the one we never got to see? : P
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Unfortunately, yes. I haven't exactly given up on the thing entirely, so much as I have altered the plot significantly. But honestly, there's just no telling when I'm gonna get off my lazy ass and actually write the damn thing, so don't expect it to be released soon, if ever.
    UPDOOT: Screw the Cave Story fanfic, I found other fandoms to write fanfics for. However, I do have an idea for a Cave Story mod, but as of this edit, all I have is an iPhone 6, and even if I did have the resources, I lack the motivation and experience required to make a Cave Story mod.
    Ok dude, i gotta let you know that it's kinda not ok to go around offering to give out information about yourself to strangers. Even if they are admins! Your privacy is important and once you put something online you can't really ever get it back. So try to be careful about what you post. This includes stuff like your email address and full name.

It's also slightly illegal, not for you but for whoever might ask, at least until you are like 13 or something but that's besides the point
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Usagi-no-Mekiki
    Okay, thanks for telling me!
    EDIT: Okay, it's been, like, 3 years since I got this message, and quite frankly, I was a fHUZZAHing idiot back then.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…