Eli
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• my current pet project has been cleaning up cave story's article on TCRF, which has been fun, there's a surprising amount of content left undocumented...

so far i've:

- added subpages for the PC version of CS+, eshop, and dsiware & filled them out
    - documented unused stuff for challenges including taglines, scripting stuff, original-style graphics, machine gun challenge being in the files for eshop, etc etc
    - updated the switch, prerelease and unused graphics pages with a bunch of things discovered or pointed out by friends/other community members
    - some other things i'm probably forgetting

still got some more info i wanna add, but i'm happy that the majority of this stuff has finally been documented - at some point i'll have a crack at updating the CS3D page too, since my friends and i discovered some really interesting unused things that i'm not sure has been documented at all a while ago
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Sweet, thanks for doing all of that.
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    From my memory there was two things that were never added to the freeware article of TCRF that I've been meaning to get to eventually. One of them was NPC 303 (An unused version of Curly's Machine Gun that's sitting with the late-game additions)...

...and the other I can't quite recall at the current moment whoops.
    been working on the final boss for this update and it's almost finished!
    sprites are pretty much done, scripting to actually start the fight is done, i just need to script the boss defeat/following cutscene + implement skipflags, and then i can start on the demo end stuff and move onto bugtesting/polishing/replacing placeholder stuff etc... that'll take a while, plus i want to implement some stuff in earlier parts of the mod (finally making the flower collectables important, for one - that's something i've wanted to set up for a few updates now but i've just been lazy lol)...

hoping to release it publicly maybe sometime this month, maybe not, we'll see :V
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Nice to hear that things are progressing along.
    evergreen update, wrapping up development on the next update's maps - at the moment i think they're all mostly done in terms of layout, i just need to finish scripting stuff and dialogue
    Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 9.50.37 am.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-11 at 9.50.53 am.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-11 at 11.47.24 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 11.51.00 pm.png

will be a while longer till it's released, i have... a lot of small things to finish and polish lol, but it's getting there!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Sweet, looks like you're really putting a lot of work into this.
    kirby and the forgotten land is really, really good - i beat it on sunday, slowly working my way through 100%ing it!

in other news, currently working on a small side project for evergreen using the doukutsu-rs engine, it'll be out later this week in time for a very important date ;]
    Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 6.56.51 pm.png

i also made a Fun Facts(tm) sheet about evergreen's protagonist, so hopefully that will satisfy the approximately zero people hounding me for updates about its progress:

tumblr_fa7b2c782273bc91fda835d3fa7a8cbd_3e6d2c1e_1280.png
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    Later this week? That wouldn't happen to be Friday, would it? =P
    Eli
    Eli
    perhaps :3c
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 7.58.14 pm.png
    i am a serious sprite artist :]

also, i've started a new job which has taken up a lot of my energy - plus getting my hands on a copy of legends: arceus and the impending release of the new kirby game... i'm gonna be distracted for a while, aren't i...

oh well, i'll cycle back around to fixating on modding soon enough, i have something i wanna get out for april fools at least!
    just uploaded a teaser for evergreen's next update on discord - hopefully i'll get some good feedback and be able to get the full demo update out sometime this month...
    Hina
    Hina
    boomers rejoice
    Eli
    Eli
    felt like it wasn't ready for a public release just yet, hence the choice to keep it to just my server. ironically though discord is down atm ;P
    Mint
    Mint
    came here just to say that too lmao
    separate post since it's a different topic, but fun fact, i began my journey into cave story modding by messing around with editing sprites in CS+.

i may be pretty much exclusively a freeware modder these days, but i have not forgotten my roots! and also i have a terrible sense of humour!
    Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 3.28.45 pm.png
    i've mostly been sticking to twitter/discord for evergreen updates but i figure i'll share these random screenshots here - been focusing recently on cleaning up some stuff, updating sprites, etc - hopefully i'll get a new demo out soon on discord so i can get feedback and release the next major update! the fungi await!

outside of fixing up old stuff and slowly working on incorporating the new, i've also been considering switching engines; at the moment i'm using freeware but at some point in the future i may switch to doukutsu-rs, as i like its lighting features and it would give me a lot more freedom when creating certain sequences i have planned for the later areas, hopefully allowing me to make them more impactful... the engine change won't be any time soon, of course, and i'm not 100% certain i will yet, but it's something i'm keeping in mind.
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.59.33 am.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-27 at 12.26.45 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-10 at 2.16.47 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-10 at 2.17.16 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-17 at 8.14.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 9.25.31 am.png

oh yes, and i've also updated the MC's sprites!
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 5.24.34 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-27 at 5.24.45 pm.png
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    Looking nice!
    Just want to say that the really tall mushroom looks a bit weird - something about the stalk being too straight, or maybe the cap is a little too flat? Also the blue in the icy cave region seems just a tad bit too saturated.
    The depiction of snow is really good though, it looks so soft and fluffy (that's what snow is supposed to be like, right? I'm not sure...) The variety of mushrooms in the mushroom cave tileset is also really neat and organic-looking!
    Eli
    Eli
    thank you! i'll see what i can do about the stalk & ice colours. @Raymundo was the one who made 99% of the mushroom decoration tiles though, he did a great job lol
    i'm 9 or so hours late in my timezone but happy 2022!
    Pummelator
    Pummelator
    Don't worry, you're a lot farther ahead of most time zones, so most people still weren't quite there yet :). Happy new year!
    i'm sure this has been asked before countless times but what's up with all the bots targeting this forum
    Eli
    Eli
    oh shit not our doritos
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    … Great, now I want Doritos. ;-;

I'm guessing adding questions to registration (like "who is the boss of the Labyrinth" or "which Mimiga is not a Mimiga" or something) wouldn't be of any use in deterring the bots? Or is that a more complicated issue?
    DoubleThink
    DoubleThink
    Realtalk though I've never been able to figure it out, at some point we must've gotten classified as a "target site" or something and now they just keep coming here out of habit
    been a while since i made a profile post...
    now that i've finished festive quest, my next big mod project is evergreen! it's accidentally a prequel set during the war, though it focuses on a bunch of OCs instead of quote and/or curly. i've already released a demo on doukutsu club and with the next update i'll probably make a forum thread about it so... be excited for that, i guess? if you want? i'm not your parent.
    Screen_Shot_2021-03-16_at_4.36.31_pm.png

there's also a (wip) misery shrine hidden in one of the areas, isn't that (n)ice
    for purely innocent reasons... does anyone have an org version of 'never gonna give you up' that i could, theoretically, use in a mod?
    Serri
    Serri
    There's one in the custom music section of the main website
    Eli
    Eli
    cheers, thanks!
    あなたをあきらめるつもりはありません
    決して失望させない
    決して走り回って砂漠化しない
    絶対に泣かせない
    さよならを言うつもりはない
    嘘をついて傷つけない