Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
Why does a mod being "western" even matter?
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
how can the west be real if our mods aren't real
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
A lot of Cave Story mods have considerable reference to, and use of, Cave Story's content. It just feels... strange. Why not mod any other 2D platformer when you're re-purposing the existing content in a way so far removed from its intended meaning?
Serri
Serri
Same reason why SMW hacking and Sonic hacking exists.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
I can't tell whether you don't want people to reuse CS content or don't want people to make new content.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
Asset reuse and new content can both be used well. I just don't want to feel like I'm playing some mid-2000s Flash game imbued with angst.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
why dont you make your own mod to fit these standards then and stop complaining about the community's lack of mods that fit your very specific "western" standards
SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
i think it would be "eastern" standards
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
There are some mods on Doukutsu Uploader I really enjoyed. Maybe I could try translating one.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
Good luck.
SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
*cough* Iron Bird Story *cough*
Serri
Serri
By all means then, please translate Japanese Cave Story 2. Maybe we could finally find out who the fuck made it.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Yeah really, I enjoyed the mod but I couldn't get past the snow-boss gauntlet.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
Do you have a link for Cave Story 2?
EwanGreen4
EwanGreen4
This is golden. You expect a modding community of a humble little indie game to compare to the big bad Minecraft as well as expect us to make some groundbreaking discovery in the way these mods are made. We don't care what other people think of our mods. We don't care where it is directed. We're not modding the same reason that other people do.
And, I'm not sure if you are aware, but WTF Story is nearly 10 years old. You can't talk shit about modern mods (with more elements, better spriting etc. which is what you were asking for) when WTF Story was groundbreaking for it's time but obsolete now. Your points make no sense, there's not gonna be some groundbreaking mod that changes everything about all of CS modding as a whole. It doesn't work like that. You get what you get. You don't get to handpick your favorite mods and expect us to make mods to those old, outdated standards.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
Man, if you have any modding questions in the future, I'm not answering them.

Minecraft *was* an indie game and some of my favorite mods for it were made well before it hit mainstream. People put in a lot of time and made groundbreaking progress.

I don't care what y'all do. So what if WTF Story is old? You can't say newer mods have better spriting... it had 2X sprites in case you forgot. Obsolete? Ha.

"there's not gonna be some groundbreaking mod that changes everything about all of CS modding as a whole" lol. gimme a few years.

"You don't get to handpick your favorite mods and expect us to make mods to those old, outdated standards."
No, I'd hope you could exceed them. But you just wanna make trash and be worshiped for it, so whatever man.
FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
WTF Story's 2x res isn't even that good tbh, and practically anyone can get 2xres in their mods now because of DLLs.
Mint
Mint
2x is not bad at all but there aren't many people who can handle it as well as working with just 1x.
q3hardcore
q3hardcore
What are some mods with better 2x graphics?