ColdCallerLoopy

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• I don't understand what the buzz is about CSBD mods; if they're good, they're good, if not, then it's always a stepping stone to something greater. For those who can be discouraged by it, don't be, modding takes time and effort; it comes with practice. Make something great, and with patience, it can be something beautiful.
    Mint
    Mint
    I don't think they're inherently bad, but I don't always think they're special either.
    Don't get me wrong but they're often frowned upon thanks to the lesser great ones that apply random xd humor or such. And things like simple texture/character edits often don't interest most people either.
    But I do agree that it is a great way to for first time modding (hell, even I've been there, and look at me now).
    And I do think there are a few CSBDs out there that still can be enjoyable (Cavern Tale). But again, a lot of people have played CS to the point where they've had enough of it, so it's common for these kinda mods to not pull interest that much.
    I kinda hope our standards don't rise to the point where these are called insultingly bad, we can still enjoy things even without fancy TSC/ASM.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Definitely, CSBD mods are nowhere near perfect but they're a good stepping stone for modders to start off with; and just about all of us were making CSBD mods when we started out or at least took advice from the people criticizing those mods at some point in our lives.
    Mint
    Mint
    Except i now am ashamed of mine.
    For anybody wondering there is no Feburary update for ACSS, I covered all of the bases I wanted to when uploading versions 1.05 and 1.06; I'll see y'all in the March update!
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    darn thats a while

can you add a cool sign somewhere it can say something like hi im a sign
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    It'd be a funny in-joke but I wouldn't want to break the fourth wall all too much. Maybe in a far-off place, that'd be funny.
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    is breaking the fourth wall when something happens thats not really related to the game

maybe you could make that sign but instead of it looking like a sign it would be sprite 0 so it would be almost impossible to find
    i liked your gameeeeeee
    yahoooooo
    but the first critter in the cave remove it it gets me every time :(
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Yeah I was definitely looking over the first cave before uploading...I'm going to upload V: 1.06 addressing some changes and the bugs you pointed out.
    Was looking through a bunch of old threads and such; minus the couple dozen that have lasted to this day, the people of the previous 10 years are almost like a fragment we'll never get to truly understand since many haven't returned. It's a strange but unnerving feeling we'll never get to meet them or know them.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    I think it's just interesting and at the same time scary; I'm the kind of person who wants to be a middle man that gets to understand all facets of life. But it's weird to see profiles that haven't been touched in years, like viewing an infinite cementary.
    Noxid
    Noxid
    what kind of ghost will you leave behind in the graveyard of Online
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    That's a good question, I don't know. Probably in the same way those who left felt, not much, I'd hope not to but death can be silent and that's probably how I'd wanna go out on. Ironic that I find an unease with profiles and people who left silently or simply forgot about the forums. It's become a part of my life so I doubt I'd leave so suddenly or quitely unless something major happens.
    Boly Brap I can't believe I thought Cave Story's birthday was the 24th, happy late birthday CS, you're a teen now...
    My sister got me into watching The Office and I love it. I must say my favorite character is Dwight.
    tlo
    tlo
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar galactica.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    I spent a month making 3 rooms and a boss, and here comes pixel with a badass endgame.....
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    Actually plantation was going to be the final area from what I heard.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Yeah, that's what I remember hearing, I think it was in one of Pixel's notes in the later half of the game.
    I swear some memes refuse to die
    mckgamer
    mckgamer
    Like how the Hotel Mario memes seemingly rose from the dead recently?
    Mint
    Mint
    This post will probably be memed too honestly.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Ugh you're right....I feel "memes" like the <insert number here> and whenever someone makes a meme out of somebody saying something like "Hey guys just finished Undertale, it was really good, fight me." If anybody remembers that one.
    I must confess that I keep reading ColdCallerLoopy in my head as ColdCallerLoppy.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…